Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Awtards find symbol of autism awareness offensive

Posted by Cambion 
Awtards find symbol of autism awareness offensive
April 11, 2022
It seems the image of the jigsaw puzzle that symbolizes autism awareness offends the delicate senses of some flappers.

According to this article: https://themighty.com/2021/03/autism-puzzle-piece-problem/,
the puzzle symbol is not nice and causes offense because puzzles are considered a child's toy and this means that the needs of autistic adults will not be taken seriously because people will think they're just dumb children in adult bodies (to be fair, a lot of them are).

Apparently, it also implies that awtards are not complete people because the puzzle symbolizes that a piece of them is missing (even though the autism puzzle motif never shows a missing piece, but yeah no let's read too far into this crap). Or they don't like it because puzzles have to be solved and awtards don't need solving/treating - they just need you all to shut up and deal with them, even when they shit themselves at KMart and throw a 90-minute-long tantrum in the middle of a Christmas display because they see a reindeer figure that has a black nose and that's bad because RUDOFF S'POSED HAV RED NHOSE REEEEEEEEEE!!1!

Jesus fuck, what don't people get offended about? Can't they shut their fucking holes and be glad there's an autism awareness movement in the first place? Instead of the old autism awareness "movement", which was lobotomies, electro-shock therapy and beating them harder.

This article calls the autism puzzle piece icon ableist. Bitch whut?
https://intheloopaboutneurodiversity.wordpress.com/2019/03/20/the-ableist-history-of-the-puzzle-piece-symbol-for-autism/

I always figured the puzzle thing was supposed to symbolize all the different bullshit disorders that make up the autism spectrum and how they all piece together to form a whole picture, that picture being simply autism. I thought the puzzle represented diversity since there are so many ways to be an awtard, so as goofy as it was, I get why they chose puzzle pieces to symbolize autism. But I guess this causes too many ouchies to flapper fee-fees.

I also discovered another autism awareness symbol - a rainbow infinity sign. Yeah when it comes to rainbows and movements, I immediately think of LGBTQ folks, not tards. But I'll bet if some other movement uses a puzzle as its mascot or whatever, the awtards and awtard handlers/supporters will flip their shit because someone "stole" their "logo."
Re: Awtards find symbol of autism awareness offensive
April 11, 2022
There was no "Awtism Awaareness" when I was a brat. My school practiced blanket behavior modification on all the little tards regardless of diagnoses. Our medical paperwork generally got put in a file cabinet and sat collecting dust unless there was something that could medically blow up, that got pulled out of the cupboard. An example would be a little diabetic.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 11, 2022
This reminds me so much of the debacle at Sephora about carrying the Celebutard lipstick. Some Downs kid came into the store with her mother and they found the name offensive, even though it had NOTHING to do with Downs syndrome. I was kind of pissed, because the shade was removed from shelves and after seeing a picture of the color on TV, I thought that I might've like that shade.

If you look hard enough for something to offend you, I guess you'll find it. The stupid thing was, that the Downs kid wasn't a paying customer, her moo was. They were on TV yammering about how wrong it was to use the word 'tard' in a lipstick color.

When I saw the Autism Awareness puzzle symbol, I thought of it as different pieces coming together in a good way. In NO WAY did I see that as ableist.

They should just be glad that there is awareness and stop complaining about Every.Little.Thing. I'm starting to think that they're just angry and pissed off in general for being stuck with an Autistic kid and they use anything and everything they can to lash out at the rest of the world using whatever excuse that suits them.
April 11, 2022
I think it says more about the person who gets offended over dumb shit than any movement or brand or whatever that uses an "offensive" term. Like the Downy tard you described getting upset over the word "tard" on a Sephora product. So does that mean they consider themselves a tard? I'm guessing in that case, it was more second-hand offense - the disabled person probably didn't give a shit, but the handler just wanted something to bitch about. Like the typically Caucasian dumbshits who get mad on behalf of African American people when they see an eyeliner in the color "negro." Motherfucker it's not a slur, it's the Spanish word for the color black.

mumofsixbirds
I'm starting to think that they're just angry and pissed off in general for being stuck with an Autistic kid and they use anything and everything they can to lash out at the rest of the world using whatever excuse that suits them.

I also wonder if having a movement devoted to their brat's illness seems to take away from the kids' "uniqueness." Because when there is a movement for specific people, more of them start coming out of the woodwork, and before you know it, the tards are no longer special because there are so many of them. They become more loud and proud about their disability (whether it's real or it's due to lazy Moos who diagnose their own kids to excuse poor behavior) and people become less tolerant. They don't want to be a part of a bigger picture - they want to be the retarded little masterpiece all by themselves. I'm probably thinking too much at this point.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login