Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

From AITA: Stop helping homeless dogs so you can watch my brats!

Posted by Cambion 
From AITA: Stop helping homeless dogs so you can watch my brats!
April 15, 2022
Moo with four sproggen asks if she's the asshole for demanding her CF sister stop fostering frail dogs that can't be around brats so she can brat-sit. Surprisingly, Moo was declared the asshole.

Apparently Duh can't help because he's in therapy and on anti-depressants. Oh but she will have you all know that he is NOT a deadbeat dad and she doesn't just pop out kids she can't handle and they are both totally responsible adults. eye rolling smiley But she asked her sister to stop helping animals because in Moo's mind, her baybees will always come before a dog. Well that's great, but those baybees are HER baybees, NOT her sister's baybees. The CF sister has no obligation to these brats at all and it's not her problem if Moo can't afford a sitter and won't make Duh watch his own damn kids.

https://old.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/tyxvsx/aita_for_asking_my_sister_to_stop_fostering_dogs/

MOOOOOOO
Okay just writing the title like that made me feel super guilty, but please hear me out before judging too harshly.

I (38 F) have 4 kids ages 11 months, 3, 5, and 10. I love them all more than anything, but I’ll be the first to admit that our house is constant chaos and it can get very exhausting. My sister (33F) is child free, but loves my kids and was happy to watch the older 2 or sometimes 3 to help me keep my sanity. This has been extremely helpful and I tell her all the time how grateful we are for her help.

The thing is that the kids used to go over to her house, but right now they couldn’t because my sister was fostering an elderly chihuahua. My sister claims she couldn’t have them over for the time being because they would stress out the dog. Her dog was extremely frail and timid so I think this was a fair assessment. This was the 4th dog she has fostered, all of which couldn’t be around my kids. This most recent dog took 8 months to find a home for, but most of her other dogs took even longer. When she told me she found an adopter I knew I could finally breathe a sigh of relief and joked about how I was so glad she could babysit again.

My sister proceeded to tell me that there was a second dog that desperately needed a new foster, so she planned to take in that one as soon as her current dog was gone. So, she couldn’t do anymore babysitting than she already is (sometimes she comes over to my house in the morning to help out). I could literally feel my stress levels spike. I haven’t ever done this before, but I opened up to her about how much I have been struggling since she got the dog. How little sleep I get each night, how my husband hasn’t been helping as much as he should, and some other deeply personal issues that I’ve been struggling with. Then I asked her, point blank, to not get another dog.

She comforted me, but ultimately didn’t agree on anything and said she needed some time to think. I know I am asking a lot of her since rescuing dogs is her passion and that is why I feel so guilty. But I don’t have anyone else to help me. I can’t afford a babysitter long term, and my friends all have their own kids to look after. Above all, my kids will always come before a dog and that’s the reason I was willing to request it. I’ve told a few different people about the situation and gotten a wide range of heavily biased opinions. So that’s why I decided to come on here and as you guys. Was this unreasonable? I would never demand her to do this if she didn’t want to, but is it really so wrong to just be honest my situation and earnestly ask?

Edit: I am grateful for the honesty from people respectfully telling me that what I did was wrong. However I have also read a lot of horrible assumptions from people as well and I’d like to clear them up. I am not some careless mother who just keeps “popping out children” that I can’t take care of. My husband is not a deadbeat dad. After our youngest was born he got severe depression. He isn’t out having fun while I’m working 24/7, he is miserable. I went to my sister instead of him for help because I don’t want to lose him. I love my kids and I have always made every one of my decisions with what I believe are their best interests in mind. And no I don’t think my sister is obligated to do anything for me, I was asking for help not demanding it.

Edit 2: Insulting my husband doesn’t help anyone. Yes he is in therapy and is on antidepressants. Anyone who has actually dealt with depression would know that that isn’t an instant cure all. Still my husband does the very best he can. I asked my sister because I needed more help than he can provide right now.
Re: From AITA: Stop helping homeless dogs so you can watch my brats!
April 15, 2022
I'm sure there are MANY MANY moos and duhs that are depressed. It is either 1/6 or 1/10 people who are on antidepressants in the US and I'd guess most are parunts.

I'm really surprised so many people read this moo the riot act. And good for them! Not everyone can foster a frail dog and her sister is willing and obviously very good at it. It is pretty much a gift to be able to help out such vulnerable pets and have the resources to keep their environment stress free. It isn't as if they can just hand a frail dog to anyone who walks in the door and expect miracles. Duh needs to get off his ass, depression or not, and do the job he signed up for. Unlike pretty much anything else, parunthood doesn't have an opt out clause that is socially acceptable. Moo needs to tell her frail dog of a husband to get off his ass and help raise the brats he created.

And just maybe the reason she is fostering dogs is that she finds it much more rewarding than having her sister's brats continuously dumped on her and figured out it is the perfect way to prevent this.
They made their youngest in the pandemic - Moo definitely isn’t always acting in the kids’ interest or even her own. I’ll admit I’m a bit curious about which parunt initiated the idea to make crotchfruit #4, but either way Duh needs to step up.

Maybe Duh should move out and fill the role left by CF sister from his new home. He’s probably giving more work than support for Moo and I think his depression will magically go away when he’s not living with them.
April 16, 2022
If the sister wanted to be helpful and petty, she could call CPS on the dumbshit author. Between a mother who is so, so terribly overwhemled and a father that is so mentally ill that he cannot be a fit parent, it sounds like those kids might have to be removed because neither of their parents seems capable of properly handling them. Moo won't come a-knockin' at Sissy's door if there are no kids that need watching! Even if the kids don't get taken away, which I'm sure they wouldn't, hopefully the act of contacting CPS would leave a bitter enough taste in the Moo's mouth to find some other sap to dump her brats on.

People like to think that CF people are just sitting around twiddling their thumbs and have time to spare, and when that CF person is also a relative, aw well shit, the childed family members practically own that person's time! eye rolling smiley The sister is allowed to do with her time and home whatever she pleases. Moo should have thought about the hardships of raising four human beings before creating them and that is entirely a "her" problem and not a "her sister" problem.
I changed the comment view to new to see the posts that acknowledged Duh’s depression. Most agreed with freya that he shouldn’t use depression as an excuse. One woman who had this condition said her husband gave her a list of simple tasks for the day and suggested that this Moo do the same with the Duh.
April 17, 2022
misskitty
They made their youngest in the pandemic - Moo definitely isn’t always acting in the kids’ interest or even her own. I’ll admit I’m a bit curious about which parunt initiated the idea to make crotchfruit #4, but either way Duh needs to step up.

Maybe Duh should move out and fill the role left by CF sister from his new home. He’s probably giving more work than support for Moo and I think his depression will magically go away when he’s not living with them.

This Moo and Duh don't sound like the types to think about up vs down, much less if they should breed another worthless brat. If Sister gave in to babysitting rather than caring for the dogs, cunt sister would have squirted out two more.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 18, 2022
The situation reminds me of that immortal thread here about the woman trying to force her sister to watch her baby by putting her on a schedule. The duh had some kind of disability in that thread too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login