Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tenn makes drunk drivers pay for brat support

Posted by cfuter 
Tenn makes drunk drivers pay for brat support
April 21, 2022
https://www.foxnews.com/us/tennessee-drunk-driver-child-support-parent-death

Another feel good law for politicians to tout. There are many problems with this. But my question is, why is it just drunk drivers? and why is it just child support? I mean spouses or other fam members deserve support too.
Re: Tenn makes drunk drivers pay for brat support
April 22, 2022
cfuter
https://www.foxnews.com/us/tennessee-drunk-driver-child-support-parent-death

Another feel good law for politicians to tout. There are many problems with this. But my question is, why is it just drunk drivers? and why is it just child support? I mean spouses or other fam members deserve support too.

The story said that because you killed the brat supporter, you have to take his place and open your wallet.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 24, 2022
Definitely a feel good law, it sounds like something a teenager or young adult with no life experience would think of.
I'd guess a manslaughter criminal record isn't exactly the prerequisite for most high paying positions. And I'd guess most people in this situation aren't in a big hurry to sober up and feel the raw guilt from the damage of their alcoholism. It will most likely be just as fruitless as chasing a deadbeat parunt for child support but it will employ people in the government to chase the lost causes.
April 25, 2022
If you're in jail for manslaughter, you will not make money, and when youre done the kids will be adults maybe. My hub says they do do it retroactively but that doesnt help while they actually NEED the support. And, once you have a prison record, what kinda job are you gonna get? Chances of this actually supporting anyone is nil, like someone said, like chasing deadbeat dads. And, why is it only DrunkDrivers? What about manslaugher while texting? Other distracted driving? If they were really worried about it , it would cover all this shitty driving, not just DUI.
April 25, 2022
It's mostly useless, but maybe kids whose parents got hit by a celebrity or an affluenza victim would be helped by this bill.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login