Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reddit thinks it's okay for parents to not feed their kids if they're depressed

Posted by ladybug2203 
Moos dad died and she was depressed and the house ran out of groceries, hungry kid offered to go get groceries she just needed money and moo ignored her, and duhd was too much of an oblivious deadbeat to take over "women's work" and then gets in trouble for yelling at mom when theres no food in the house and reddit is calling the teen TA.

Sorry but you don't get to stop parenting bc you're depressed, you are required by law to feed your kids. So you should only feed your kids when you're in a good mood? Unbelievable that so much of reddit is siding with neglectful parents.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/uc41tf/aita_for_asking_for_foodgroceries_after_gpop/
Reddit is a haunt of stupid breeders with no care about their kids.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
The kid's not an asshole for asking about food, in spite of everyone saying they are. Duh is perfectly able-bodied and refuses to get off his ass and go shopping, and Moo I will give marginally more slack because she's mourning, but her being sad doesn't mean her kids stop being hungry. If she wants to lay in bed and cry for days on end, then fine, but give the kid money to go shopping or get take-out, at least.

Why's everyone calling the author the asshole? Providing your child with food (and yes this person is still a legal child) is like one of the bare minimum things you do as a parent. Having some butthurts doesn't mean you get to not take care of your kids. I suppose the kid screaming at her was uncalled for, but when the adults are in charge of the money and there is absolutely fuck all to eat in the house, I can understand the frustration, but I think maybe it could have been directed at the less emotional parent first.

Duh is the asshole here - he brings home the bacon and won't go get groceries knowing full well there is no food in the house, because I guess he's waiting for the food fairy? I mean fucking hell, he doesn't even have to go to the store - grocery delivery is a thing now! He can shop from home and either pick up his order all ready to go or have someone bring it to him. The kid can't do it because it sounds like Duh keeps a tight grip on the household money.
Some of the commenters said it's no big deal if the kid goes a day without eating so moo doesn't have to get out of her comfort zone, just no!!!!!

And duhd punishing his teen for yelling is probably to save his own ass bc he was too lazy to go shopping
Cambion
Why's everyone calling the author the asshole? Providing your child with food (and yes this person is still a legal child) is like one of the bare minimum things you do as a parent. Having some butthurts doesn't mean you get to not take care of your kids. I suppose the kid screaming at her was uncalled for, but when the adults are in charge of the money and there is absolutely fuck all to eat in the house, I can understand the frustration, but I think maybe it could have been directed at the less emotional parent first.

Duh is the asshole here - he brings home the bacon and won't go get groceries knowing full well there is no food in the house, because I guess he's waiting for the food fairy? I mean fucking hell, he doesn't even have to go to the store - grocery delivery is a thing now! He can shop from home and either pick up his order all ready to go or have someone bring it to him. The kid can't do it because it sounds like Duh keeps a tight grip on the household money.

They're calling her the asshole because her reason for not even trying to get money from the Dud was that she's not supposed to disturb him during his shifts at home. Any reasonable teen would know that an emergency like that would be an exception. She may be an autard if she's choosing yelling at grieving Moo over bothering working Duh.

They also call the Dud an asshole, but I think the extra focus on her is from resentful people who had to help support the family when they were 17. Duh is definitely the biggest asshole here for both failing to shop and for yelling at the author.
ladybug2203
Some of the commenters said it's no big deal if the kid goes a day without eating so moo doesn't have to get out of her comfort zone, just no!!!!!

And duhd punishing his teen for yelling is probably to save his own ass bc he was too lazy to go shopping

This, so much this. He could afford family take-out meals for the entire time that Moo is in bed because he has a high paying job, but this duhd is too entitled to even do that.
I saw that too. Well yeah, I'm sure the kid won't starve to death going a day without food, but why should they have to go hungry because one person in the house isn't feeling well mentally/emotionally? Does the whole house fast when someone dies or something?

I know what might get one of the useless parents off their asses: the author could go to the home of someone they trust - relative, neighbor, friend - and beg for food, saying that Mommy is too heartbroken to function and Daddy refuses to buy food and the author is hungry. The party providing said food would likely have a conversation with one of the parents about it. Maybe it would embarrass Duh into, you know, being enough of a parent to make sure his kid has food? Or he'd just be a dick and blame the kid for making everyone think he's a negligent bastard. Parents are perfectly okay not doing their jobs until their kid tells someone about it and then they get accused of lying or "airing the dirty laundry."
So yep there you have it kiddos, you only deserve food when your parents are in a good mood.
Cambion
I saw that too. Well yeah, I'm sure the kid won't starve to death going a day without food, but why should they have to go hungry because one person in the house isn't feeling well mentally/emotionally? Does the whole house fast when someone dies or something?

I know what might get one of the useless parents off their asses: the author could go to the home of someone they trust - relative, neighbor, friend - and beg for food, saying that Mommy is too heartbroken to function and Daddy refuses to buy food and the author is hungry. The party providing said food would likely have a conversation with one of the parents about it. Maybe it would embarrass Duh into, you know, being enough of a parent to make sure his kid has food? Or he'd just be a dick and blame the kid for making everyone think he's a negligent bastard. Parents are perfectly okay not doing their jobs until their kid tells someone about it and then they get accused of lying or "airing the dirty laundry."

Can't speak for OP, but I was hypoglycemic and if I went several hours without eating I'd get dizzy and pass out. I would not have been able to fast for a day as a kid or teen.
Isn't there an epic thread here about Mrs. Drinkwater not wanting to feed the neighborhood kids?
the whole 'famblee' is probably dysfunctional

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
I don't get Reddit much of the time because it's so biased in favor of Moos.

A woman can post on breaking Moo that her kids are being abused by her Dick, but if anyone harshly points this out and pleads with her to stand up for her kids, that person is often banned.

Remember this one? Everyone in this story agreed Dud's was weak and his "depression" didn't excuse him from being a father. Yet in this example the Moo is letting her kid go HUNGRY and somehow it's not her fault?
And it's not like she has medical problems. No doubt, grief can be hard, but she's not in physical danger or ill, and she needs to make sure her kid isn't hungry. That's the bare minimum.

Jeez.
bell_flower

A woman can post on breaking Moo that her kids are being abused by her Dick, but if anyone harshly points this out and pleads with her to stand up for her kids, that person is often banned.

Remember this one? Everyone in this story agreed Dud's was weak and his "depression" didn't excuse him from being a father. Yet in this example the Moo is letting her kid go HUNGRY and somehow it's not her fault?
And it's not like she has medical problems. No doubt, grief can be hard, but she's not in physical danger or ill, and she needs to make sure her kid isn't hungry. That's the bare minimum.

Jeez.

The catatonia brings up a red flag to me. Catatonia is not a simple case of the blues. I've been catatonic three times. For me, reality packed its bags and left the building because I was seeing/hearing things that were not there and not responding to commands or talking. Hell, I was attacking nurses and pulling out IV lines. I've no memory of the latter, I was told what I was doing by a nurse when I asked why my IV was in a different place than when I went into surgery. I was kept in hospital for a full week because it was not safe for me to go home. A robot assist hysterectomy doesn't require a full week inpatient stay.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
bell_flower

Jeez.

This! It's not okay to expect kids to fast for a day or more bc mommy is sad.

During my 6th grade graduation trip I wasn't eating bc I had a sore throat but didn't want to miss the trip, it only took me until lunch time to pass out.
ladybug2203
So yep there you have it kiddos, you only deserve food when your parents are in a good mood.

I wonder what would have happened if she directly interrupted Duhd's work to ask him for money instead of her yelling at Moo interrupting it. I know Reddit would call Duhd the asshole if he still chose to yell, but I can't help wondering if the outcome would have been better had she asked Duhd.
I don't know if I can say dud is the asshole, does he realize there is no food?
If there is any edible food left in the house then the teen is the asshole because no food is very different from the food I want. I'm still confused as to why the teen isn't able to get money from either her moo or duh and go to the store.
We know her moo is nearby. I'd guess her duh is also home every night.

It is kind of weird, almost everyone I knew at 17 had jobs and we could have bought our own food for the day. Does teen have any cash or know of anyone who can take her to the store or out to eat?
bell_flower

Jeez.

The famblee with the depressed Duhd had four sprogs aged 0-10. That's a lot of work for one person. Moo imposed bratcare on her sister before asking Duhd to help with either bratcare or chores.

This famblee with the grieving Moo has one sprog aged 17. There's no bratcare and the chore load is likely a lot smaller. Duhdbeat can easily take over for a short time, so it's Duhdbeat's fault for letting his famblee go hungry. His high paying job makes this chore extremely easy for him, but he won't even make the slightest effort.
freya
If there is any edible food left in the house then the teen is the asshole because no food is very different from the food I want. I'm still confused as to why the teen isn't able to get money from either her moo or duh and go to the store.

It is kind of weird, almost everyone I knew at 17 had jobs and we could have bought our own food for the day. Does teen have any cash or know of anyone who can take her to the store or out to eat?

Duhd works from home, so he's still the asshole if he doesn't realize there's no food. She may be a bit of an asshole because her reason for not asking him was some rule about not bothering him at work.

Teen was told not to work so that she could focus on school. She has money in a savings account, but that requires a withdrawal during school hours or Saturday morning.
freya

The teen had no access to any kind of money. She had worked a summer job, but she couldn't access the bank account where her money was located without the assistance and presence of a parent.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login