Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Study shows that marriage declines faster after reproducing

Posted by Cambion 
Study shows that marriage declines faster after reproducing
April 30, 2022
In other words, DUHHHHHHH.

https://www.iflscience.com/editors-blog/have-children-here-s-how-kids-ruin-your-romantic-relationship/

I didn't copy/paste because it's kind of a long-winded article. I did find this line amusingly inaccurate, though:

"Study"
The irony is that even as the marital satisfaction of new parents declines, the likelihood of them divorcing also declines. So, having children may make you miserable, but you’ll be miserable together.

That's because people either can't afford to get divorced and live separately anymore, or one of them doesn't want to pay child support, so they refuse to get divorced. Yep, you'll be miserable together, all right! Then you'll take it out on your kids so they can be miserable too.

As if CFdom needed marketing:

"Study"
For around 30 years, researchers have studied how having children affects a marriage, and the results are conclusive: the relationship between spouses suffers once kids come along. Comparing couples with and without children, researchers found that the rate of the decline in relationship satisfaction is nearly twice as steep for couples who have children than for childless couples.

Also, to the surprise of nobody, band-aid baybees don't work and he won't love it when it gets here:

"Study"
While the negative marital impact of becoming parents is familiar to fathers and mothers, it is especially insidious because so many young couples think that having children will bring them closer together or at least will not lead to marital distress. Yet, this belief, that having children will improve one’s marriage, is a tenacious and persistent myth among those who are young and in love.

But it's all wooooooooorth it! eye rolling smiley Notice how they say most mothers feel the damage done to their romantic relationships by breeding is worth it. I'll bet they didn't ask the fathers if it was worth having their relationships destroyed because they would have all said NO.

"Study"
Despite the dismal picture of motherhood painted by researchers like me (sorry Mom), most mothers (and fathers) rate parenting as their greatest joy. Much like childbirth, where nearly all mothers believe the pain and suffering was worth it, most mothers believe the rewards of watching their children grow up is worth the cost to their romantic relationships.
Re: Study shows that marriage declines faster after reproducing
May 02, 2022
A freaking study. Some overly educated person was PAID to report on this! How could anyone feel the least bit of accomplishment reporting or studying this? It is right up there with water is wet and living in the south in the summertime is miserably humid and hot. Duhhhhh....

"Study"
With nearly half of all births being to unmarried couples, some parents may think they have gamed the system by skipping the wedding. Not so. The relationship burden of having children is present regardless of marital status, gender orientation or level of income.

In other words if a couple has a brat there is no escaping the misery regardless of the circumstances.

"Study"
Not surprisingly, it is mothers, not fathers, who bear the heaviest cost of becoming parents. Even when both parents work outside the home and even in marriages in which both spouses describe themselves as sharing the burden of household chores, most parents slide toward gender-stereotypical ways of parenting.

If you have the fire in your belly to breed make sure you are a male because you will maintain much more of your time and identity than a female will.

"Study"
Marital stress is associated with many serious physical health problems as well as symptoms of depression and other mental health problems.

Edit: Marital stress Having brats is associated with many serious physical health problems as well as symptoms of depression and other mental health problems. What isn't addressed is that most of these problems fall squarely on the female.
May 02, 2022
watching where are they now.... follow uup on my 600 lb life...

talk about proof of stooopid breeders... Bettie Jo... with a name like that????

the dick she married wasn't too thrilled with the weight loss, but he played around because he 'couldn't do anything much intimate'... she caught him several times...

so guess what...she breeds with it after losing a couple hundred...down to about 380... guess what... he cheats after loaf 1. he cheats after loaf 2...and 3... when she finally gets all sanctimonious and divorces him... 'but he's still a goood daaadddeeeee'.... dumb ass. I think between the two of them they might get into triple digit intelligence. assholes. proof of this article in action and we can all see it

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
May 02, 2022
twocents
watching where are they now.... follow uup on my 600 lb life...

talk about proof of stooopid breeders... Bettie Jo... with a name like that????

the dick she married wasn't too thrilled with the weight loss, but he played around because he 'couldn't do anything much intimate'... she caught him several times...

so guess what...she breeds with it after losing a couple hundred...down to about 380... guess what... he cheats after loaf 1. he cheats after loaf 2...and 3... when she finally gets all sanctimonious and divorces him... 'but he's still a goood daaadddeeeee'.... dumb ass. I think between the two of them they might get into triple digit intelligence. assholes. proof of this article in action and we can all see it

I haven't seen my 600 lb life, hopefully she is compensated for being filmed.

He is just a cheater and her (very impressive) weight loss/gain is an excuse he uses to justify his cheating. They probably aren't very smart but aren't much different than the Breaking Mahms.
May 02, 2022
I saw an episode of that show about a 32 year old married woman who wanted brats. Don't remember her name. During the show she lost about 200 pounds and was very happy because she was able to go on romantic dates with her husband and be intimate with him, things which were not possible when she was a 600 pounder. Near the end she said something that made my head explode: "It will be even better when we have a child."

WTF?! How can anyone not know having a kid means less romantic and sexy time with your partner, not more? Even if he is one of the rare men who does his share of bratcare neither one of them will be having fun doing it. After dealing with a screaming, shitting, puking loaf all night and day they will both be too exhausted to make love or go on a date.

I don't know if she ever ended up having any brats.
May 03, 2022
Children never make anything better, and anyone who thinks they do is a moron or has no idea what being a parent actually entails. Kids don't just destroy relationships - even strong, stable relationships can collapse under the burden of offspring. Kids will wreck your shit in every feasible way: physically (moreso for women than men), mentally, emotionally, romantically, and financially.

Pregnancy and childbirth will render the woman's body completely FUBAR and anyone who says they "bounce back" is a fucking LIAR. I don't know how much of parenting is genuinely mentally exhausting and how much is just dumb people making more work for themselves, but most parents have multiple breakdowns after the loaf comes along and continue having them indefinitely because brats are insanely demanding and parents generally lose all their identity once they spawn.

Sex typically dries up when you breed, which is due to a number of factors ranging from Duh not pulling his weight and Moo resenting him too much to be attracted to him to Moo's body being a dumpster fire and too hideous to fuck. And good fucking luck finding a significant other if you're a single parent because not even other single parents will want you. I'm sure it's no secret to anyone that reproducing is expensive, from the pre-natal care down to every fucking thing a kid wants and needs on a regular basis.

The only way a child might have a positive impact on someone's life is if they have a kid because they want something to love or someone to love them (translation: be dependent on them), but this usually fades once the child ages out of the cute infant stage and enters the defiant, marginally more independent toddler stage. Then if the woman (because men don't have these bullshit "I never knew what love was until I made babby" feelings) has not had her need for love/dependence satisfied, she will just make another loaf and resent her toddler. I think this is probably why there are famblees with multiple kids exactly two years apart.

Every aspect of a person's life, self and well-being are affected by the introduction of a child, and it's never in a positive way. But parents will lie to themselves and to others and convince themselves that the brat they had is enriching their lives because if they say otherwise, they'll get socially drawn and quartered.
May 03, 2022
ondinette... a lot of this is driven (and it isn't just these obese folk) is they entertain the delusion they'll do a better job than their parents. that is one thing most of these people have in common, a horrid childhood. and the one that bred three times with her cheater...?? well... she's a piece of work. I was thinking about it for a little while... she never felt accepted, she never felt good enough... what better way to prove htat then to pik the piece of shit she married and bred with. on the regular episode and the 'watn' one.. it is evident she picked it because deep down she KNEW he was going to cheat, proving her feeling that she isn't accepted and good enough.. so she can just damn eat. in the end she gained over 100 lbs of fat back.. and was attempting to lose it again. but her pick of this baby boy baby daddy was deliberate.

She can appear the little martyr, she can prove she's not good enough, accepted. (I know I"m repeating myself) but this is her primary driver. That is why these people pick major 'fixer uppers' like these fatties. healthy members of the opposite sex won't give them the time of day or see through the bull shit in a date or two. so they end up with 'bottom dwellers'. and so it goes...

an interesting article I came across while perusing reddit is that apparently some environmental stressors CAN somehow be inherited. They did this with mice... and again, it was females that displayed the damage. They traumatized mice babies while spraying them with the scent of cherry blossoms. When those mice grew up and had babies of their own, they would spray the cherry scent again... and the babies reacted and stressed out, but only the female ones... The control group that they just sprayed cherry scent never reacted. through all the generations. so I think we have witnessed how environmental crap can be passed on. They don't understand the mechanism but it is there

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login