Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders running out of sprog formula

Posted by cfdavep 
Re: Breeders running out of sprog formula
May 16, 2022
cfdavep
"DIY formula and make their loaves sick or kill them."

I think the latest PNA will soon be here. Make the crap yourself, "accidentally" kill the kid. There will be A LOT more PNA's as abortions get harder to obtain

Never mind abortions, contraception including condoms won't be obtainable.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 17, 2022
This one needs a hypoallergenic formula:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/the-baby-formula-shortage-has-put-parents-of-babies-with-allergies-in-crisis-mode-if-i-had-known-the-formula-shortage-was-going-on-i-would-not-have-got-pregnant-again/ar-AAXlH5f?li=BBnb7Kz

bleating about nothing
With a lot of work and networking, Weedman was able to get about a three-month supply of formula.

She also whined and bellyached in a video about it and whined about traveling from Maine to New Hampshire to pick it up. It might be worth it to pay $10-15 more per can rather than traveling to have it delivered to your door, hmm?

I was able to add 6 cans to my cart and proceed to checkout in the first search I found on Neocate, which was less than one minute of effort on my part. It is in stock. I only tried one link because that was all that was needed but there were a bunch more. What is wrong with these people? I guess if they bleat about not getting it at the lowest price then their argument just isn't that solid, so that was conveniently omitted from the article. Welcome to the pandemic and expect to pay higher prices/expect less availability for most things as you've done for over two years now. Why breed if it is an issue?

https://www.herbspro.com/products/amino-acid-based-infant-formula-with-iron-neocate-dha-ara-141-oz-can-powder-2?variant=32873243148388¤cy=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=CjwKCAjwj42UBhAAEiwACIhADl48-bJFJejEjHGIRiICoNGuPSBY6IlefnL6CGoJCyQZyVb78jaoOxoCb-MQAvD_BwE

The ingredients list is shocking: 82% junk, at least
Ingredients
Corn Syrup Solids (57%), Refined Vegetable Oil, (Medium Chain Triglycerides (8%), High Oleic Sunflower Oil (6%), Sunflower Oil (5%), Canola Oil (4%)), Calcium Phosphate Dibasic (2%), Less than 2% of each of the following: (purposely omitted).

Corn Syrup?
Vegetable oil?
Sunflower oil?
Canola oil?

Oils that lose any nutritional value once refined.

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/unhealthy-vegetable-oils/
May 17, 2022
On the local news yesterday a moo had to contact every relative she had to tell them to head to the grocery and to buy up any formula found and ship it to her.
May 17, 2022
cfdavep
On the local news yesterday a moo had to contact every relative she had to tell them to head to the grocery and to buy up any formula found and ship it to her.

Well, guess that she was bored and had to make a federal case of drama about it. I'd bet she was all over social media, attention-whoring and what not.
May 17, 2022
She's also eleven weeks pregnant!! Like I said upthread, there is NOTHING new about supply chain shortages since COVID began over two years ago!

Smith said she feels lucky in some ways: At almost a year old, her daughter may soon be able to switch to a plant-based milk. But that lucky feeling only goes so far since she's also 11 weeks pregnant and already worried about how she'll feed her next child.

Don't worry, she'll probably have even more kids after that too. I mean, how could she EVER guess that things are fucked up and not going to change any time soon eye rolling smiley
May 18, 2022
freya
What is wrong with these people? I guess if they bleat about not getting it at the lowest price then their argument just isn't that solid, so that was conveniently omitted from the article.

Bingo! If they can't find the stuff super cheap, they probably whine about how they "can't" find it anywhere. Funny how learning they'll have to pay a little more for their fake tit juice is the same as a "shortage." It's hard to feel sorry for someone who says, "I don't want to pay more to feed my child, so I'll just say there is a supply problem."

freya
The ingredients list is shocking: 82% junk, at least
Ingredients
Corn Syrup Solids (57%), Refined Vegetable Oil, (Medium Chain Triglycerides (8%), High Oleic Sunflower Oil (6%), Sunflower Oil (5%), Canola Oil (4%)), Calcium Phosphate Dibasic (2%), Less than 2% of each of the following: (purposely omitted).

Corn Syrup?
Vegetable oil?
Sunflower oil?
Canola oil?

Oils that lose any nutritional value once refined.

Wow, I had no idea formula was composed of so much garbage. Shit, if all loaf formula is is different oils, you probably could make it at home. Corn syrup is Karo syrup, and you can get sunflower oil, canola oil and vegetable oil from any supermarket. Calcium phosphate dibasic is a "mostly non-toxic" dietary/pharmaceutical ingredient that seems to just be a type of calcium supplement. So only after all the fatty oils do you get an actual nutrient and it only comprises two percent of the container. Wow.

I tried finding out ingredients in other formulas and I guess a lot of them use a whey-casein blend as a base. So baby formula is basically just protein shakes? So you could honestly put protein powder or milk powder, corn syrup and those oils in a blender and probably make something about as nutritionally sound as that specific formula.

I know babies need fat in their diets like any other human being (especially because they are still growing), but that much seems really excessive. I understand formula needs to be made to taste good to entice loaves to drink it too, so some sugar and fat is very understandable for taste purposes. But loaves need more nutrients than fat and a speck of calcium, don't they?
May 18, 2022
You taught me something today. I had no clue baby formula was basically junk. No wonder babies go through a lot of it—all that sweet, sweet corn syrup instead of real nutrients.
May 18, 2022
The oils are cheap sources of essential fats (fat you need to get from food). The corn syrup is cheap carbs to bulk up the caloric content. It's still garbage though.
May 18, 2022
I didn't know until I looked at the ingredients yesterday. No one on the planet can convince me that there is no connection between corn being subsidized and the 57% corn syrup in this formula. I'm disgusted that there is this "don't question it or try to make your own" mentality and monopolization about formula. That works out well for the manufacturers only.

Good luck in proving that the corn syrup content isn't addicting baybees to sugar before they can even talk. Anytime I'm told not to question something the first thing I want to do is question it because, without fail, someone has a hidden agenda.

This recipe looks much much healthier: https://drjockers.com/homemade-baby-formula/

There are a bunch of homemade formulas (mostly goat milk/cow milk powder plus a drop or two of corn syrup) that don't sound healthy but are better than the canned crap.

I don't have to want kids or advocate for them to see that this is cruel treatment to baybees.
May 18, 2022
All this time I was thinking loaf formula was like a multivitamin shake with everything in it a growing infant needs to be healthy. I had no idea it was mostly oil. Fat is good and all, but I figured it was possible to make something more nutritious than tit milk. Certainly not agreeing with the "breast is best" mantra because it most definitely is not most of the time for one reason or another, but holy fuck I thought the crap in a can was healthier than this! Is this why all American babies look like fat catepillars? Because they're being fed a concoction that is 80% fat every day?
May 18, 2022
I guess the cheap stuff as what is gone off the shelves. I wonder if there is quality stuff still available that most breeders can't afford. I won't know myself as I don't know what is on the baby section of the grocery store.

I wonder if this is all poor breeders getting screwed and the middle class buy quality stuff. I wonder if poor breeders even read the labels
May 18, 2022
cfdavep
I guess the cheap stuff as what is gone off the shelves. I wonder if there is quality stuff still available that most breeders can't afford. I won't know myself as I don't know what is on the baby section of the grocery store.

I wonder if this is all poor breeders getting screwed and the middle class buy quality stuff. I wonder if poor breeders even read the labels

Nope, it is the name brand formula that tends to be hard to find. The Generics are still in plentiful supply, because Moos tend to be brand conscious.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 18, 2022
same here. that ingredient list is scary and shocking. anyone consider whether or not all these problematic brats could be traced back to this shit?

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
May 18, 2022
twocents
same here. that ingredient list is scary and shocking. anyone consider whether or not all these problematic brats could be traced back to this shit?

I wouldn't be surprised. And the USA is talking about nationwide bans on abortion (Sen. McConnell) and bans on birth control in general, we will become a third world sewer that will be the pity of the worst areas of the Philippines in short order.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 22, 2022
I don't know if anyone remembers what Howard Stern would say about this issue: Breasts feed the world.
May 23, 2022
looking at those baby formula ingredients, I think i can understand the obesity problem better now as well. They get started early. Poor breeders read ingredient labels? they probably read at 3rd grade levels so I don't know.

mommy can't produce milk, most times the babys didn't live unless someone else could nurse. So, even back then, the inability to breast feed was slowly being augmented and expanded.

good lord. and now they are ginning up monkey pox. it doesn't end

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
May 23, 2022
Given the shit in formula, parents would probably be better off giving their loaves full-fat chocolate milk in their bottles - it's probably got the same amount of sugar and less fat than the formula.

I was curious, so I looked at the ingredients in Japanese baby formula because Japan seems to do a lot of things better than we do. The main ingredient in many of them seems to be whey powder, and while a blend of oils is often the second ingredient, they are also not refined, which means the loaves will actually get the benefits those oils provide. Other ingredients can include a variety of milk powders, casein, and some vitamins. I don't know what percentage each ingredient comprises, though.

The ingredient list for Beanstalk Sukoyaka Powdered Formula is as follows:

Whey powder, vegetable oil (palm kernel oil, soybean oil, palm oil, canola oil), lactose, nonfat milk powder, whole milk powder, buttermilk powder, casein, whey protein concentrate, protein-concentrated whey powder, Refined fish oil, ribonucleic acid (RNA), L-carnitine, yeast / potassium chloride, calcium carbonate, calcium phosphate, vitamin C, magnesium sulfate, potassium carbonate, potassium citrate, iron citrate, inositol, taurine, sodium citidilate, zinc sulfate, vitamin E, niacin, calcium pantothenate, sodium uridilate, copper sulfate, vitamin A, vitamin B6, sodium guanylate, vitamin B1, sodium inosinate, folic acid, carotene, biotin, vitamin D, vitamin K, vitamin B12.

I was wondering why the fish oil is in there, but apparently DHA (a.k.a. fish oil) is good for infants and should either be received through breast milk (meaning Moo needs to take fish oil) or it should be in formula. I can see why this particular formula might not be great if a loaf has a dairy allergy/sensitivity, but this sounds a lot healthier than something that's just straight fucking corn syrup and oil. Notice there is no corn syrup at all in this one.
May 23, 2022
Cambion

The ingredient list for Beanstalk Sukoyaka Powdered Formula is as follows:

Whey powder, vegetable oil (palm kernel oil, soybean oil, palm oil, canola oil), lactose, nonfat milk powder, whole milk powder, buttermilk powder, casein, whey protein concentrate, protein-concentrated whey powder, Refined fish oil, ribonucleic acid (RNA), L-carnitine, yeast / potassium chloride, calcium carbonate, calcium phosphate, vitamin C, magnesium sulfate, potassium carbonate, potassium citrate, iron citrate, inositol, taurine, sodium citidilate, zinc sulfate, vitamin E, niacin, calcium pantothenate, sodium uridilate, copper sulfate, vitamin A, vitamin B6, sodium guanylate, vitamin B1, sodium inosinate, folic acid, carotene, biotin, vitamin D, vitamin K, vitamin B12.

Thank goodness at least one good alternative exists, thanks for pointing this out Cambion.
May 23, 2022
I noticed that the President has induced the Defense production act for the ingredients for manufacturers to make formula. There will be increased production of: Sugar, Corn syrup, Corn oil, Vegetable oil, and filters and other accessories related to the raw materials. Makes the 50s formula with the evaporated milk and Karo syrup not seem so terrible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login