Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Letting poor breeders off the hook for food theft

Posted by cfdavep 
Letting poor breeders off the hook for food theft
May 19, 2022
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/may/19/dont-let-people-off-if-they-steal-food-in-desperation-minister-tells-police-kit-malthouse

I found this over on r/collapse. An article where this minister point out that people should still be charged for shoplifting in grocery stores regardless of how badly off they are. Of course the people on that subreddit felt that breeders should be allowed to fill up the grocery cart for free and walk out without paying due to "the cost of living" in the UK.

I don't know how they expect stores selling essentials to stay in business with that being allowed.

The breeder attitude that that if life is costly after a certain point they should get to steal, of course it may be an issue off honest hunger, but how are business supposed to tell who is stealing to survive and who blew their welfare check on drugs and are getting in on it out of total irresponsibility. Many breeders have never taken real responsibility for their own life to the point they have four kids they can't afford to feed and taking responsibility after the fact is way to painful for them.
Re: Letting poor breeders off the hook for food theft
May 19, 2022
Oh sure, let the poor fuckers load up two full carts with stuff all for free. That will result in having to raise the prices for everyone else because the store sure isn't going to just take the loss (could it be written off as a donation? I dunno). Does the UK not have food banks for people who are broke?

And I'm sure breeders will be given preferential treatment in these cases because they have baybees and if they get arrested for stealing food, it'll be "bawwwww the mean cop is literally taking food out of my child's mouth! This is discrimination/ageism/sexism/etc.!!" But if an unchilded person steals a loaf of 75 cent bread because they haven't eaten in four days, throw the book at the dirty rotten thief!!!1 How dare they be so selfish as to steal food for themselves! That bread could have been used to feed a hungry chiiiiiiiild! eye rolling smiley

Honestly, why can't places that serve or sell food give away what's left at the end of the day? At least in the US, employers will throw perfectly good food in the dumpster instead of letting poor/homeless people have it, often going to the point of dumping bleach on said food to prevent poor people from eating it because I guess it's better to throw away unused product than to let a single hungry person get fed.

Either everyone gets in trouble for stealing food regardless of how many crotch turds they have, or everyone who wants to walk out of the grocery store with $300 worth of food for free should be allowed to do so, regardless of income and family size. Everyone has to eat and hungry children are not more deserving of food than hungry adults.
May 19, 2022
Cambion
Either everyone gets in trouble for stealing food regardless of how many crotch turds they have, or everyone who wants to walk out of the grocery store with $300 worth of food for free should be allowed to do so, regardless of income and family size. Everyone has to eat and hungry children are not more deserving of food than hungry adults.

In the past, food banks were where the poor, breeder or otherwise, turned for food. Now, however, the food banks are stripped bare. The breeders are being given preferential treatment because they're breeding the next crop of wage slaves/cannon fodder. The CF or those who are elders who have already raised up the wage slaves/cannon fodder are invited to commit suicide.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 19, 2022
I guess they get rid of the food at the end of the day to prevent liability of some sort.
May 19, 2022
cfdavep
I guess they get rid of the food at the end of the day to prevent liability of some sort.

In the case of food banks it isn't 'getting rid of food' that's the problem. There's a hand out for every morsel. The problem is there are higher numbers of even poorer people, Breeder and otherwise, with their hands out, and fewer donations coming in meaning less food to give out.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 19, 2022
I imagine they couldn't do something like plant a community garden so everyone could have access to free fresh produce because someone would probably set it on fire, take a shit in it, pick every last thing out leaving nothing for everyone else, sell the things that grow in it or take from it without putting back into it in the form of weeding, planting and watering.

Doesn't surprise me that food banks are bare - everything costs more, people don't make much money in general because wages don't rise to match price increases, so people can only buy what they need and don't have as much to spare for donations.

So all I need to do to get away with stealing a bunch of things from Walmart is say I have hungry kids at home? Good to know. Why yes officer, I do feed my children Nair and $5 DVDs. Poor little Shellac and Jamantha both have pica, the poor things. spin and stick out tongue
May 20, 2022
cfdavep
That's exactly why grocery stores throw out, pour bleach on, etc., discarded food. They'll admit they're concerned about someone dumpster diving for food, finding some and eating it, getting sick, and suing the store. It wouldn't be a surprise to learn this has happened in lawsuit-happy America.
May 20, 2022
kman
That's exactly why grocery stores throw out, pour bleach on, etc., discarded food. They'll admit they're concerned about someone dumpster diving for food, finding some and eating it, getting sick, and suing the store. It wouldn't be a surprise to learn this has happened in lawsuit-happy America.

America needs to do what France does and require stores to donate the food to the food banks, and have food banks go around picking up the food. Then the task of discarding bad food will fall on the food banks and not the stores.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 20, 2022
it shouldn't fall on anyone. no one can guarantee everything.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
May 20, 2022
"the tragedy of the commons"...

back when those stupid chaz no go zones were the vogue... I saw an example of a so called garden they had planted. an exercise demonstrating the abyssmal ignorance and stupidity of these people. they obviously hadn't even bothered to do any research on how to grow a veggie garden. stupid stupid stupid. bt then I think they're used to someone handing them everything and spoon ffeeding them some knowledge.

and furthermore, even if they did, the sticky fingered entitlement cows would steal it all.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
May 20, 2022
twocents
"the tragedy of the commons"...

back when those stupid chaz no go zones were the vogue... I saw an example of a so called garden they had planted. an exercise demonstrating the abyssmal ignorance and stupidity of these people. they obviously hadn't even bothered to do any research on how to grow a veggie garden. stupid stupid stupid. bt then I think they're used to someone handing them everything and spoon ffeeding them some knowledge.

and furthermore, even if they did, the sticky fingered entitlement cows would steal it all.

Most cows are raised by other cows, without any education at all. Many do not grow up where you can safely grow a garden, as many locations have contaminated soil and absolutely no space even for a flower pot.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 26, 2022
just stating what i saw on a news item on tv... it looked stupid because it was stupid and was really not the best example of their moronic zone

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

May 26, 2022
https://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/tucson-walmart-self-checkout-shoppers-cited-and-sent-to-court-for-mistakes

I found this on r/collapse where Walmart is taking people to court for putting something in the bag and not scanning. The comments are saying that they are going after people who miss something here and there, by mistake, but I wonder if breeders are putting half of what they are beeping through in the bag without paying and Walmart is paying attention and going after the ones who are obviously scamming, instead of the person who occasionally misses to beep the item while in a hurry.
May 26, 2022
I don't know if this is corporate policy or local policy, but the WalFart in my town abides by a three strikes rule, as in the let you steal shit twice and the third time they sic the police on you. I know confronting thieves is often discouraged by corporate because I guess a thief might sue if they get tackled for stealing a stereo? Or the employee might sue for workers compensation if they confront a thief and get shot?

It's also a classic retail theft method to stuff strollers with items and walk out with it. Given what gigantic monstrosities modern strollers are, there is plenty of room to cram the thing full of items and stroll right out with it and nobody will lift a finger to stop you because either they aren't allowed to do anything or they don't get paid enough to care. Moos figure nobody would dare question a woman about the contents of her stroller, and if they do, they can just pretend like they forgot that box of truffles they conveniently stuffed under two blankets and a diaper bag because of mommy brain.
May 27, 2022
A bit off-topic but I've decided that I'm going to donate a large portion of my fruit (I have several fruit trees in the back including pears, different types of apple trees and plum trees) to my local soup kitchen. There's just no way I can use up all that fruit before it goes bad so I decided that I'll give what I cannot use for myself.

I'm also going to use some of the apples and bake some homemade apple pies for them at Christmas and bring them down. I make the best apple pies, and I always get requests for them from people when I visit for holidays.

I don't think it's alright for people to steal because it has a trickle-down effect to everyone else. I think that donations of any kind are very helpful. Donating items like these are not going to hurt me and I love the idea of sharing with those who need it most.
May 30, 2022
kman

Something I thought about: what's to stop someone from eating bleach-tainted dumpster food and suing anyway? It's illegal to intentionally poison food - you can't even put laxatives in your lunch to find out which co-worker is stealing your lunch. I mean yes, bleach smells a LOT, tastes awful and is physically painful to eat, but what's to stop a homeless person from eating a bite of bleach-soaked bread, getting really sick from it, going to the ER for stomach pumping and then suing the business that discarded the food for attempted murder? There are people greedy, dumb and/or desperate enough in the US to do this.

I don't understand why places of business that sell food can't just donate day-old stuff to food pantries and get a tax write-off for it. The food isn't wasted, hungry people get fed and tax write-offs are always a good thing. Plus I bet they could even shill it in the local papers about how generous they are, which might prompt more people to shop there or to donate food.

But noooope, if they can't make a profit off that food, it's better off thrown out than given to a hungry person. However, I'm not completely naive and I know there are plenty of people who could easily afford food at regular retail price who would haul themselves over to a food pantry to get it for free because they're cheap.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login