Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Timely Onion Article regarding Formula Shortage.

Posted by cfuter 
Timely Onion Article regarding Formula Shortage.
May 19, 2022
The Onion always has good advice for parunts out there

https://www.theonion.com/what-to-know-about-the-infant-formula-shortage-1848939209

The U.S. is in the midst of a significant shortage of infant formula, with over 40% of expected supplies currently out of stock, leading to concerns about infant health and outrage from parents. The Onion tells you what you need to know about the infant formula shortage.

Q: What exactly is infant formula?
A: An FDA-regulated, nutrient-rich baby food so important to the development of healthy babies that, should something go wrong in the supply chain, there’s apparently no backup plan.

Q: What caused the formula shortage?
A: Wealthy babies have been hoarding formula in hopes of driving up the price.

Q: How long will the shortage last?
A: If babies can just hold off eating for the next three to five months, suppliers should have a chance to catch up.

Q: Should I purchase infant formula from abroad?
A: No, let the government do that and then resell it to you.

Q: Why can’t women just breastfeed instead?
A: The last American boob was sucked dry in 2019.

Q: What can non-parents do to help?
A: Non-parents don’t know what it’s like to be a parent, so they should sit down and be quiet, and perhaps enjoy a refreshing beverage and read a good book or listen to fine music.

Q: Can I just make my own formula at home?
A: No, as baby formula’s 11 herbs and spices are a tightly guarded trade secret.

Q: How has Biden responded to the shortage?
A: Since when are presidents responsible for handling national crises?

Q: Does this mean my mom will finally stop pressuring me to have children?
A: No.
Re: Timely Onion Article regarding Formula Shortage.
May 22, 2022
Breastmilk banks are still a thing. Why are the tit nazis who yapped "breast is best" silent now?
May 23, 2022
cfuter
Q: What can non-parents do to help?
A: Non-parents don’t know what it’s like to be a parent, so they should sit down and be quiet, and perhaps enjoy a refreshing beverage and read a good book or listen to fine music.

Somewhere in the supply chain a non-parent exists and this will stop the supply. Love The Onion.
May 23, 2022
Why be miserable? Moms of infants could get with other moms somehow and Breastfeeding Parties the way they had Tupperware parties. As to who to invite, remember the women who came to your baby shower? This way they get companionship, are not as lonely, their babies get fed (some women make more milk) and you can play music and eat too!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login