Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hot car PNA season has started

Posted by Cambion 
Hot car PNA season has started
June 22, 2022
Five-year-old boy dies after being left in the car in Texas for a few hours because Moo rushed inside to prepare her older daughter's birthday party and forgot him. Apparently, she thought he was already in the house. This kid was also strapped into a car seat and knew how to get out of it, but for whatever reason, he allegedly didn't just unbuckle himself and exit the car. Moo claims it was because the car was a rental and the boy didn't know how to get out of it like he knew how to get out of their regular vehicle.

Five is pretty old for a hot car death - usually I don't see them beyond four years old because a five-year-old tends to have the dexterity to work a door to escape. I wonder if the kid was a tard or something? Might explain why he was left in the car to cook on high for 2-3 hours until tender. Maybe Moo's claim that he knew how to get out of his carseat was bullshit - after all, if he can just undo his safety belt, what's the point of even having a car seat? Isn't five a little old for a car seat? I don't know at what age kids can safely transition from car seats to seat belts, so I might be wrong. shrug

The NBC coverage of this story also points out three other hot car deaths that have already occurred this summer. And of course, the article mentions the importance of leaving an inanimate material possession in the backseat so you will remember to not leave your living, breathing child in the car to die.

A 5-year-old boy in Texas died Monday after being left in a sweltering car for several hours as the child’s family prepared for his sibling’s birthday party, authorities said.

The boy, who was not identified, was in the car for two or three hours and pronounced dead at the scene, according to Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez.

The boy’s mother returned home with an 8-year-old child and the younger sibling, who was “strapped in a child safety seat in the back,” according to a post on Gonzalez’s Facebook page.

The older sibling exited the car and the mother “assumed the other child was out also,” Gonzalez said.

The 5-year-old typically knows how to unbuckle himself, but the vehicle was a “loaner car,” Gonzalez said.

The boy remained in the safety seat while his family was making preparations to celebrate the older sibling’s birthday party later on Monday, Gonzalez said.

After two or three hours passed, Gonzalez said, the boy’s mother realized the 5-year-old was missing, and she ran to the car and saw he was still in the safety seat.

A representative with the sheriff’s office on Tuesday said the case is ongoing and investigators will meet with county prosecutors to present findings.

NBC affiliate KPRC of Houston reported that high temperatures in the area on Monday hovered around 100 degrees.

But it was not immediately clear based on statements from the sheriff’s office what time deputies responded and found the child dead.

A representative with the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences said the child's cause and manner of death was not immediately available Tuesday morning.

Even if windows are left slightly open, the temperature inside a car can reach 125 degrees in minutes, and a child’s body overheats up to five times faster than an adult’s, according to KidsAndcars.org.

The organization recommends caregivers place an object in the front seat to remind them of a child in the back, and to always check the back seat for people or pets. It also says cars should remain locked so that children cannot get inside.

Monday’s incident is just the latest in which a child has died after being left in a hot car.

A 3-month-old boy in Pennsylvania died Thursday after he was left in his parents’ car “for several hours,” police said.

A 1-year-old died in Tennessee on May 19 — a day when temperatures reached 91 degrees — after being found in a vehicle outside a Memphis day care center, police said.

Weeks before that, an 8-month-old girl in Georgia died after she was left in a car for hours on May 3 while her father was being arrested at a Snellville police station.
Re: Hot car PNA season has started
June 22, 2022
You know, I could sort of understand not looking for your kid if you think you dropped him/her off at daycare. But this Moo was in her own house. Her story sounds fishy. Five year old boys are noisy and active.

Maybe she could lose track of him for a couple of minutes, but how could you be in your own house and not notice your kid has been gone for two or three hours? Wishful thinking, more like it.

I wonder if both kids were mentally challenged. Not that it was the eight year old kid's fault, but that kid is old enough to know his/her brother is missing and maybe point it out to mom or even go looking for the other kid.

Weird.
June 22, 2022
Cambion
Isn't five a little old for a car seat? I don't know at what age kids can safely transition from car seats to seat belts, so I might be wrong. shrug
The requirements changed some years ago. Now kids as old as 12 might still have to use some sort of car seat or booster seat. It depends on height and weight and the state laws.
June 23, 2022
I also wonder if she might have engaged child proof locks to prevent the kid from being able to unlock the door. Do they remain on even if the car is off? I never had a car with child proof locks, so I don't know how they work.

Another possibility: she might be trying to pin the kid's death on either the place from which it was rented or the manufacturer of the car to score a settlement. The manufacturer themselves would have far deeper pockets and would be much more likely to pay her some "shut up and go away" money, so if she was gonna sue someone, that's the more likely target. She's suffered enough, after all. eye rolling smiley Seems a little suspicious that the kid just happened to die in a car that wasn't hers, especially when she's blaming the death on using a different vehicle that her kid didn't understand how to escape.
June 23, 2022
That's an interesting question about the car locks.

That's the problem with a lot of these mandated "safety features." They have unintended consequences. And you know the saying, make something idiot proof, and along comes a better idiot to defeat it.

This article seems to indicate many of them still function after the car is off, thereby potentially trapping a chyld. One of the recommendations is, "tell your brat to go out one of the front car doors if he/she finds himself/herself trapped."

Kinda defeats the purpose of a car door, yanno?
June 23, 2022
I remember seeing an aerial photo of the vehicle in which the kid died and looking close at a zoomed-in shot of the vehicle, I could see it was a Porsche SUV (never thought I'd see those words used together). Specifically, I think it's a Porsche Cayenne, and judging by the design/shape of the tail lights, I believe it's a 2018 model. I've seen conflicting information on the topic, but the Cayenne (not sure about the 2018 specifically) does seem to have child safety locks that can effectively trap someone in the backseat if they aren't smart enough to use the front doors. She could definitely sue Porsche for some big bucks because their "safety" feature resulted in her child being unable to free himself from the car, so it could easily be skewed to make them look like the assholes and because this is America, she would 100 percent win.

I suppose it's possible the woman engaged the child safety locks for their intended purpose and forgot they were on, or maybe turned them on by accident and didn't realize they were on. But even if that were the case, I refuse to believe a parent could ever legitimately forget their whole child in the car for three hours. Any parent with more than one brain cell knows a quiet child is often either a dead child or a child about to get into trouble/Darwinize themselves. If she abused the child safety locks, there'd be no way to prove it because she could have turned them on to protect her kid while driving, and leaving them on could easily be blown off as a "tragic accident" due to Mommy being stressed/bizzy.

Points for creativity if she did, in fact, use a child safety feature to assist her in murdering her child. Even M. Night Shyamalan would like that twist.
June 23, 2022
On cars I'm familiar with, the childproof lock feature is a little lever on the back doors you switch by hand when the door is open. It's not a pushbutton arrangement you can hit from the driver's seat. The lever is near the door latch and cannot be accessed from inside or outside when the door is closed. What it actually does is to disconnect or disable the inner handle to open the door so it doesn't work. The outer handle will still work if the door is otherwise unlocked.

Cop cars have had this feature for many years, which is why it became so common so quickly on other models. If a cop puts you in the back seat of his cruiser, even if you're not cuffed, you won't be able to just get out. You can tug all day on the inner handle, but it isn't connected when that lever is set.

If the Porsche model is set up the same way, this all means that choosing to activate the childproof lock is deliberate. The lever is recessed and cannot "accidentally" be set wrong. Some require a little tool to move it. So moo had to have set the locks on purpose. PNA.
June 24, 2022
I didn't know that, I thought maybe it was a button or something on the driver's side door along with the window controls and locks. Of course I could easily be jumping to conclusions too - the child locks being involved is just a hypothesis, we don't know if it actually happened or not. Since the car was a loaner, is it possible the child safety locks were still on from whomever drove it previously and Moo didn't know they were even there? I don't know if by "loaner," the car was a rental or she's borrowing a vehicle from someone she knows. A Porsche of any kind seems pretty fancy either for a rental or to lend to a friend.

Also, if the car was a loaner/rental, would that mean that the car seat was also different? Or did she put her usual one in there? The kid was found dead still in the car seat - did he just not know how to get himself out of the seat because it was different? Or could Moo have fucked with the seat and somehow made it so he couldn't get out of it? Like the story from earlier this year about someone who killed their loaf by strapping it too tightly into its carseat. She blames his death on the car being different from what he was used to and I'm trying to figure out why that would have made a difference.

This is 100 percent a PNA no matter what led up to it because Moo let her kid roast to death in a car at the end of the day. I'm just thinking out loud about what prevented this kid from just getting out of the car because it's not like he was a helpless infant - he probably knows how to write his name and tie his shoes, and he knew how to get out of his car seat. I don't know if he could have reached the door from the car seat either, it might depend where on the back seat it was placed. I have to assume it was more to one side or the other.

I feel bad for the older sister because now her birthday is going to be the anniversary of her brother's death and eight years old is likely old enough to feel guilt over the belief that the reason her brother died is because Moo was too bizzy planning her party. Not to mention the loss of her sibling, though depending on their relationship, her feelings on becoming an only child for her birthday could be anywhere from thrilled to crushed. I have never met siblings who got along as children, so hopefully the kid isn't taking it too hard.

I'll be eager to see what developments arise from the investigation, and if Moo will actually get charged for this or if it'll be swept under the rug as a "tragic accident."
June 24, 2022
Cambion
I'll be eager to see what developments arise from the investigation, and if Moo will actually get charged for this or if it'll be swept under the rug as a "tragic accident."

For a brief while it seemed like the courts were starting to take these seriously, but I guess we'll see if that's the case.

As it gets hotter, seems like it'll be easier and quicker to kill these poor kids....
June 24, 2022

On cars I'm familiar with, the childproof lock feature is a little lever on the back doors you switch by hand when the door is open. It's not a pushbutton arrangement you can hit from the driver's seat. The lever is near the door latch and cannot be accessed from inside or outside when the door is closed. What it actually does is to disconnect or disable the inner handle to open the door so it doesn't work. The outer handle will still work if the door is otherwise unlocked.

Yep, I've been riding in the backseat of what's normally a kid mobile, like when a group of people from work go out to lunch. It's really annoying when the driver/Moo or Dud forgets it's engaged, you cannot get out of the car, and they have to open the car door for you.

If the Porsche model is set up the same way, this all means that choosing to activate the childproof lock is deliberate. The lever is recessed and cannot "accidentally" be set wrong. Some require a little tool to move it. So moo had to have set the locks on purpose. PNA.

I agree with what Cambion said--Moo could always claim the feature was set by the previous renter.

I really feel sorry for the kid. It must have been awful to be trapped in a seat and trapped in a hot car whilst you roast to death. Horrendous.
June 27, 2022
Aaaand another one, this time a 3-year-old in Georgia:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/3-year-old-boy-dies-in-hot-car/ar-AAYVqgw?ocid=uxbndlbing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
June 27, 2022
With the overturning of Roe, the post-birth abortion will be the only abortion available, and car boiled kids will be everywhere.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
June 27, 2022
Cambion
The NBC coverage of this story also points out three other hot car deaths that have already occurred this summer. And of course, the article mentions the importance of leaving an inanimate material possession in the backseat so you will remember to not leave your living, breathing child in the car to die.

I can't help but think if she'd left her phone in the backseat there is no way in hell it would have sat there for hours. I bet that kid wouldn't have been in the car for more than 5 minutes if she left her phone with him. Sad.

And Porsche and SUV do not go together.
June 27, 2022
freya

And Porsche and SUV do not go together.

No kidding!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
June 28, 2022
freya
I can't help but think if she'd left her phone in the backseat there is no way in hell it would have sat there for hours. I bet that kid wouldn't have been in the car for more than 5 minutes if she left her phone with him. Sad.

It is sad that people have to be reminded to not forget their own damn children in the car in 100-degree heat. Of course, that would imply that these are accidents and we all know that a majority of hot car PNAs - if not all of them - are almost certainly intentional. I refuse to believe that a parent could ever genuinely forget to get their kid out of the car for hours and hours. Five minutes, maybe. Going into Walmart and realizing it's a little too quiet and OH FUCK I LEFT BRITT-NEEIGHEEEEE IN THE CAR. Leaving a kid in the car for hours and hours is inexcusable.

It's always very little kids left in cars and always only in the hottest months of the year. There is no fucking way this is a coincidence. But until such a time that each and every one of these cases it treated as homicide, parents will continue using it to rid themselves of unwanted brats. I foresee it happening a looooot more with the death of Roe v. Wade, and since a lot of the hottest states in the country are red states, then that'll work out just dandy for women who can't get actual abortions anymore.
June 29, 2022
Something else many hot-car PNAs have in common: the dead kid was special-needs. What an interesting coincidence. /sarc
June 29, 2022
Frak, if I don't see one of my cats for 5 minutes, I start looking!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login