Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Two-pronged rant: Brat care “too expensive” and CF wedding assholes

Posted by CrabCake 
Two-pronged rant: Brat care “too expensive” and CF wedding assholes
October 18, 2021
We’re probably all beyond sick of hearing breeders bitch and moan about how expensive bratcare is. Breeders want “top quality” glorified babysitting but don’t want to pay shit for it. Here in WA one of our idiot breederpleaser senators is chiming in the whinefest and wants the rest of us to pay for breeders’ life choices:

“Child care was a problem for families long before COVID hit,” Murray said in an interview. “People struggled with it individually. They didn’t say much, because they didn’t want their job to be in jeopardy if they couldn’t find child care, so often kids were in unsafe places or parents were just in tears every morning trying to figure out what they were going to do that day.”

Oh, the DRAMA! Breeders in TEARS because they failed to plan ahead to secure a scarce and expensive service FOR A LIFE CHOICE THEY MADE. That’s annoying enough, but I”m sick to death of breederpleasing electeds sticking their hands in our pockets to pay for others’ pisspoor choices. The other thing that gets me about this is if cliimate change is such a threat, why are they promoting subsidizing breeding? Fucking hypocrites.

The other prong to my rant is a letter to Carolyn Hax from a CF bride-to-be who’s upset about people not wanting to come to her wedding because they are CF:

DEAR CAROLYN: I’m getting married next month. The wedding is in person but small and outdoors. So I was very dismayed to receive a number of “no” RSVPs from a certain cluster of folks from my fiance’s side. All are vaccinated.

Then I was at a family picnic and overheard some people. One of the Nos told my fiance’s mom that she is not coming because my fiance and I are not planning to have children together, a fact we shared openly. She says others made a similar decision.

Do people not think it counts as a “real” wedding if it’s not a prelude to starting a “real” family?

DISMAYED DISMAYED: Imagine the patience and resilience you’d need, though, to deflect this bunch of boundary-tramplers. At least now it’s said and done and you don’t have to feed them.

To answer your question, I can’t say what “people” think – but clearly these people do have arbitrary definitions of what parts of others’ lives are “real,” and RVSP accordingly.
Bless them for it. Around here we call that an addition by subtraction. That is, assuming you heard them correctly. Just to be sure, consider asking your fiance, his mom or the No herself what she meant. Because what you overheard is pretty weird, which alone makes it worth verifying – and also because it helps to counteract anger with skepticism. Still, that’s just some t-crossing. People who aren’t thrilled to be at your wedding, for whatever reason, are the ones you don’t really want there anyway. My warmest congratulations to you both.

I’d have a much shorter answer to this person: Thank these assholes for letting you know where they stand so you can cut them out of your life. Good riddance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan

Sometimes our refrigerator seems like a Jenga game being played in hell. ~ Dimwit Ahern in his “Joy in the Belly” blog
DEAR CAROLYN
Because what you overheard is pretty weird, which alone makes it worth verifying

Well, yes, it's weird, but it's unfortunately not unusual...I guess "Carolyn" has just never heard it before because she doesn't run in CF circles. But I've seen the claim multiple times that marriages only "count" if they're intended to produce children.
Re: Two-pronged rant: Brat care “too expensive” and CF wedding assholes
October 19, 2021
Someone who won't go to your wedding because of your reproductive status is probably someone you don't need in your wedding or your life in the first place.

As far as brat care, I have no sympathy at all for breeders who can't find some sap to mind their crotch goblins. It's not like a baby just magically appeared in their home overnight and they have to scramble to find someone to watch it for them. Common sense tells you that making an entirely new human being requires someone else to watch it for you on a daily basis if one of the parents can't stay home to raise it. It's not like this is a fucking surprise - parents have plenty of time to figure that shit out starting when they decide to keep the fetus, but they act like it's some big secret that no one tells them about until it's too late.

If you can't deal with or afford child care, you can't afford children. You want something that's less helpless, get a cat - they can be left alone while you go to work and don't need to be walked or babysat.
Re: Two-pronged rant: Brat care “too expensive” and CF wedding assholes
October 19, 2021
CrabCake
We’re probably all beyond sick of hearing breeders bitch and moan about how expensive bratcare is. Breeders want “top quality” glorified babysitting but don’t want to pay shit for it. Here in WA one of our idiot breederpleaser senators is chiming in the whinefest and wants the rest of us to pay for breeders’ life choices:

“Child care was a problem for families long before COVID hit,” Murray said in an interview. “People struggled with it individually. They didn’t say much, because they didn’t want their job to be in jeopardy if they couldn’t find child care, so often kids were in unsafe places or parents were just in tears every morning trying to figure out what they were going to do that day.”

Oh, the DRAMA! Breeders in TEARS because they failed to plan ahead to secure a scarce and expensive service FOR A LIFE CHOICE THEY MADE. That’s annoying enough, but I”m sick to death of breederpleasing electeds sticking their hands in our pockets to pay for others’ pisspoor choices. The other thing that gets me about this is if cliimate change is such a threat, why are they promoting subsidizing breeding? Fucking hypocrites.

These fuckers need to learn how to budget like the childfree and parents do. Can't afford daycare? Don't have a brat!

Murray has a real talent for finding ways to spend money she doesn't have to source or be responsible for. Seems to be a big trend in that these days. When pressed she says how can we afford not to pay out trillions for this or that. Think she is also pushing for free jr. college for the entire state, wonder who will be paying for that?
And we have states like Tex-Ass banning all abortions and preventing responsible adults from making responsible decisions.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
was listening to the news the other night and they discussing one of the pending bills ... state, federal but almost 100% of what they were yakking about was nothing but 'gimmes' to breeders.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Sometimes in life it's the only weapon we have. Roger Rabbit

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

twocents
was listening to the news the other night and they discussing one of the pending bills ... state, federal but almost 100% of what they were yakking about was nothing but 'gimmes' to breeders.

We can expect the 'gimmies' to continue for the rest of our lives. While families are shrinking, they won't shrink very fast.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
kittehpeoples
DEAR CAROLYN
Because what you overheard is pretty weird, which alone makes it worth verifying

Well, yes, it's weird, but it's unfortunately not unusual...I guess "Carolyn" has just never heard it before because she doesn't run in CF circles. But I've seen the claim multiple times that marriages only "count" if they're intended to produce children.

Sure that belief is not unusual, but bringing it up to the groom’s mom at a family picnic that the couple is attending? Very, very unusual. Usually they just stop at no and make up an excuse if pressed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login