MSU Study About Childfree People
July 27, 2022
Here are some links I found in Reddit about a study by Dr. Zachary Neal about CF people.

https://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2022/One-in-five-adults-dont-want-children is a press release.

https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-022-15728-z is the complete article.

This is from the article's abstract.

"Childfree adults do not want to have children, making them distinct from parents and other adults without children. However, they are difficult to study because they cannot be identified using conventional data on fertility. We use data from a representative sample in the United States to examine the prevalence, age of decision, and interpersonal warmth judgments by and about childfree adults. Our prevalence estimates suggest that childfree adults are quite common, comprising over one-fifth (21.64%) of the population. Our analysis of age-to-decision suggests that most childfree adults reported that they decided they did not want children early in life. Finally, our analysis of interpersonal warmth suggests asymmetric affective polarization among parents and childfree adults driven primarily by parent’s ingroup favoritism. We discuss the implications of these findings for our understanding of childfree adults and for future research on this historically overlooked segment of the population."
Re: MSU Study About Childfree People
July 29, 2022
That was pretty fascinating.
July 30, 2022
This author, and the co-author are CF, which is why they conduct meaningful research on the topic. I'm so glad to see them releasing evidence the combat the prejudices and assumptions about us.
July 31, 2022
"Our prevalence estimates suggest that childfree adults are quite common, comprising over one-fifth (21.64%) of the population."

I'd love to know where they got this number. Just from personal experience, I just can't believe that one of every five adults is mindfully CF. I mean, great if so, and where are these people? I've lived in cities in different regions of the US, and meeting a truly CF person has been a rare thing.
July 31, 2022
Ketchup
I'd love to know where they got this number. Just from personal experience, I just can't believe that one of every five adults is mindfully CF. I mean, great if so, and where are these people? I've lived in cities in different regions of the US, and meeting a truly CF person has been a rare thing.

A lot of the CF are on silent running, and keeping quiet about their CF status. The reason is they don't want the harassment from breederific co-irkers, and other noisy, jerky people.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login