Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mombie spends 50% of her check on rent

Posted by freya 
Mombie spends 50% of her check on rent
July 31, 2022
Lots of people pay 50% of their income to rent. But this story highlights someone from the exalted class of mombiedumb, so grab your pearls and tissues!

Out of the people who spend 50% of their income for rent there are people who will die in this trap and still don't qualify for all those moo bennies. If she thinks it is bad now, wait until she no longer qualifies for all those tax breaks in four years. She'll be stuck paying non-breeders taxes, what a shock that will be. No more of those cushy tax returns in the thousands to look forward to! If she is receiving brat support that will go away too and she'll feel it unless her support check is minuscule.

Insert her self-sacrifice/good mombie plug into the story: she claims she'll forego protein so her 14 year old can eat well kissing ass. It is a little different when the situation will never improve because there are no little tax deductions to run around and terrorize the neighbors. Constant suffering doesn't make for the headlines unless there is at least one brat in tow.

She can reduce the bedrooms in her apartment when he leaves (saving a couple of hundred a month) because a two bedroom apartment is typically only a few hundred more than a one bedroom.

From article
Still, she doesn’t feel like she’s getting what she pays for at Vista del Rey. She called her experience at the complex “demoralizing,” saying that between November and mid-February, she faced intermittent water shutoffs and had “maybe 10 hot showers” due to a lack of hot water.

This part is bullshit, not just for her but for the entire complex. Cold showers suck bad for any person, not just breeders. She lives in TX and there is no telling what goes on there with tenant law. So perhaps there is a silver lining in this article after all, exposure of the hot water situation with the complex named in a paper. Maybe it is time to call attention to these huge leasing companies and the fact that they raise rent for anyone who stays longer than a year and won't offer the same discounts for new renters to their existing renters. They know how expensive it is to move and most people will pay the difference so they aren't forced to move all the time. Also watch them do everything they can to get your lease to end in the summertime, most parunts move in the summer so the demand is much higher and this drives the cost up.

That shit has been going on in TX for years, they call it the "market rate" because it is favorable to the property company. Some of those property companies have grown exponentially in the last 20-30 years specifically because of their predatory policies, such as this one. It takes forever for them to adjust this downwards in a downturn and current renters will be charged a sizable increase from their already high market rates, some refer to this as price gouging.
I'd bet upper management and the owners are very very wealthy.

Property Management website
Shitty Shippy Properties specializes in creating spaces to live, and more importantly, to belong. Whether you are looking for pet friendly apartments, luxury apartments, or budget friendly communities, Shitty Shippy Properties has a community you’ll be proud to call home.

Oh for fuck's sake! Maybe they should be forced to add the part about no guarantee of hot showers for that particular complex, perhaps that will make residents feel like they belong more in their shared misery.

Shady Pines apartment website
Vista del Rey Apartments offers many amenities for our residents to enjoy!

So,Shady Pines Vista del Rey is one of the complexes Shitty Shippy refers to as luxury on their website. I guess the budget apartments lack indoor plumbing because the property management company is terrible? I'd guess the apartment itself is luxurious, the issue is the property management company thinking it is acceptable to make their tenants go without hot water.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/i-will-do-things-like-let-me-feed-my-son-the-protein-and-i-ll-eat-rice-and-beans-this-single-mom-spends-50-of-her-monthly-income-on-rent-here-s-how-she-survives/ar-AAZKDDw?ocid=finance-verthp-feeds&cvid=d200ee1a01184bfe8b0aaccbcb675134
Re: Mombie spends 50% of her check on rent
August 01, 2022
Side note: Rice and beans are actually complete protein and not a bad way to go. (If the carbs don't bother you.) I love rice and beans but the carbs don't love me.

And what freya said about the taxes. Seriously, what a bunch of whining when her Federal taxes are likely zero thanks to the very generous Head of Household tax filing status, which she can claim until the kid is 19, and if he's a full time student she can claim him until he's freaking 24 years old.

In 2022, that will be $19,200 in taxes this woman is not paying, thanks to having a child.

And incidentally, the childfree also need to pay the same inflated prices for places to live. Contrary to what Breeders think, we also need a roof over our heads, even if they don't think we "deserve" one.
August 01, 2022
Along these lines, I recently watched a Frontline documentary about eviction. Of course, most of the sob stories were about SINGLE MOOS. One of them in particular was super annoying because she had an expensive hairstyle of long braids and also a clearly long, fancy manicure. Even if she did do these herself, it doesn’t look very good to be featured on a documentary on eviction. Lose the fancy embellishments and people might have more sympathy. Then there’s another obvious question, WHERE ARE THE SPERMDONORS in these scenarios?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
August 02, 2022
Considering that Texas doesn't even have stable electricity, this moo needs to shut up and sit down.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 04, 2022
Her income is low enough for income-restricted housing. She already lives in a low-income area, so moving there would bring more advantages than drawbacks.
August 06, 2022
when I was about 13 or so I recall seeing some news item about breeder pens for the welfare in the city (nyc) some woman, who had to be close to 300 lbs, whining about 'fo'teen chillun in one room'. and thinking how stupid she was

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
August 09, 2022
bell_flower
Side note: Rice and beans are actually complete protein and not a bad way to go. (If the carbs don't bother you.) I love rice and beans but the carbs don't love me.

And what freya said about the taxes. Seriously, what a bunch of whining when her Federal taxes are likely zero thanks to the very generous Head of Household tax filing status, which she can claim until the kid is 19, and if he's a full time student she can claim him until he's freaking 24 years old.

In 2022, that will be $19,200 in taxes this woman is not paying, thanks to having a child.

And incidentally, the childfree also need to pay the same inflated prices for places to live. Contrary to what Breeders think, we also need a roof over our heads, even if they don't think we "deserve" one.

Add to that regular child tax credit which moo gets no matter what, in addition to not paying taxes. Also, Covid stimulus money added more money in the pockets of pahrunts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login