Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More Than 1 In 5 US Adults Don’t Want Children

Posted by freya 
August 15, 2022
Nothing particularly new or insightful in this article other than the 1 in 5 adults not wanting brats.
This trend does seem to be on the upswing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/more-than-1-in-5-us-adults-don-t-want-children/ar-AA10rnIH?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=fc4dfbe2ec6f4e41cbcfb536e3a588e1
August 15, 2022
Opps, added another post to this post.
Re: More Than 1 In 5 US Adults Don’t Want Children
August 15, 2022
This is the primary reason for the elimination of Row v Wade. Now the Republicans are working diligently to get rid of LGBTQ rights and birth control to eliminate any agency people have.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 16, 2022
Just watchin' Howie Mandel's podcast w/ Bill Maher, and at the 25 min mark, you see where they say currently it isn't taboo or weird to be CF now, but it was in the 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFayfdX7ybg
August 17, 2022
I'd wager the number of people not having kids for one reason or another will increase dramatically after the overturning of Roe v. Wade. If people can't count on abortion being a legal and dependable option for unwanted pregnancies, more people will probably go on birth control, get sterilized, or stop having sex because they no longer have the safety net termination offers. Not just women either - men are flocking to urologists to get snipped more than ever because they don't want to get baby-trapped because of a law.

Not to mention that the number of huge fat fucks in this country keeps right on going up. I think at this point, a majority of the nation is obese and a decent amount of these people embrace and love their chonkiness (see the fat acceptance and HAES movements). It is very well known that obesity affects fertility, or sometimes reproductive diseases in women can lead to obesity, which lead to infertility. Not sure if obesity affects male fertility. This is not to say obese people can't conceive, but it's often more difficult to do it compared to someone who is a healthy size. So many people who do want kids may wind up not having them simply because their fatness makes their body decide it is not healthy enough to get pregnant. I say this as a huge fat fuck myself - takes one to know one! smiling smiley

I do like that the article explains the difference between childFREE and childLESS, though. I think that's the first time I've ever seen that - most media coverage of anything relating to childfreedom just uses those two terms interchangeably, so I'm happy to see the distinction being made. Though they forgot to add another class of people who don't want kids: the breeders who commit PNAs when they realize they done fucked up.

I'd also bet a lot of people who decide to be CF in their teen years might be aided in their decision by having to deal with or even raise younger siblings against their will. Their parents use their older kids as free brat-sitting so they can not do the jobs they signed up for, not realizing that they are showing those older kids early on how much reproducing truly sucks. Then those same parents will bitch about grandkids 5-10 years later and wonder why their grown daughters (because sons never seem to have to loaf-sit) are not producing any grand-loaves.

Good, I'm glad to see the birth rate declining and I hope it continues to plummet because the last thing we need is more fucking people. We can't even take care of the ones we've got now.
August 28, 2022
Cambion
Good, I'm glad to see the birth rate declining and I hope it continues to plummet because the last thing we need is more fucking people. We can't even take care of the ones we've got now.

Right there with ya. I'm in favor of shelving all reproductive assistance tech (IVF, IUI, etc) until every last orphan and foster youth has been adopted into a healthy, safe, loving home and consumption/pollution levels are under control. It's not just a matter of too many of us...it's that our world is based on ever-increasing consumption.

Honestly, it's almost exactly like how I'm opposed to deliberately breeding pet animals. Humans are far worse than cats, though. They just eat songbirds and the like (which is a problem, yeah). We're a frillion times worse.
September 01, 2022
cfuter
Just watchin' Howie Mandel's podcast w/ Bill Maher, and at the 25 min mark, you see where they say currently it isn't taboo or weird to be CF now, but it was in the 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFayfdX7ybg

He's wrong to say that there's *no* stigma attached to it, but he's probably right that it's more accepted now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login