Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teen is pressured to help out with autard siblings

Posted by ladybug2203 
Teen is pressured to help out with autard siblings
September 10, 2022
https://youtu.be/zZghbEbiosM

Selfish is wanting the latest iphone, not wanting to be parentified (especially to tards) is NOT selfish. The woman in the video and some people in the comments call the poor girl selfish. This hits so close to me bc adults used to tell me the same stuff about "helping my mother", the woman in the video said it'll be "rewarding" the only "reward" I got is CPTSD.
Re: Teen is pressured to help out with autard siblings
September 11, 2022
This episode is bullshit, as this teen is just so very resentful of her retard siblings.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 11, 2022
craftyzits
This episode is bullshit, as this teen is just so very resentful of her retard siblings.

Why doesn't this dumb shit lady help autizmoo instead of just patting herself on the back for a lecture well done? I love how she said "you've had your mother's attention for 11 years" as if that's going above and beyond?! You're supposed to have your parents attention for a bare minimum of 18 years, unreal!
September 12, 2022
The teen seems very self-protective and defensive, which are healthy reactions to her environment. She also seems to have incredibly good emotional regulation for a teenager because she doesn't slap the dumb shit lady who lectures her and calls her selfish.

None of what happened in the past is discussed. Everything the teen says is spot on, she didn't ask to be a big sister. She is still a minor and doesn't deserve to share the burden with her overwhelmed moo. It was the moo's choice to make two of their own with the new husband.

I'd guess teen hasn't had much mothering since the siblings came into the picture and considering their conditions, one can assume she is constantly expected to give into the little brats to avoid a meltdown. When was the last time she had a special day that wasn't ruined by the brats? Can she even have friends over without the brats ruining everything? How many of her personal possessions have been destroyed by the brats? How much babysitting is she expected to do (clearly she isn't meeting the expectations)? When was the last time teen experienced a nice peaceful normal day (with no screaming meltdowns at meals and no issues with bedtime or in between)? Has she had to give up her dreams of vacation, a car, or college because of her bratty siblings?

I just see this video as all the adults in her life are trying to bully her into helping out her siblings instead of shutting their yap and doing it themselves. Obviously the teen doesn't agree so they try to make her feel bad by calling her names and guilting her, where are the adults in this situation? I didn't see the duh once, the one who created both brats. I'd bet no one has accused him of being selfish for not taking care of the brats he created. Maybe they should start there.

The adults better figure it out because the teen isn't going to be guilted into sticking around. The teen was a couple of years away from moving out of the house and something tells me she'll move out at eighteen and not come back.
September 12, 2022
freya
The teen seems very self-protective and defensive, which are healthy reactions to her environment. She also seems to have incredibly good emotional regulation for a teenager because she doesn't slap the dumb shit lady who lectures her and calls her selfish.

None of what happened in the past is discussed. Everything the teen says is spot on, she didn't ask to be a big sister. She is still a minor and doesn't deserve to share the burden with her overwhelmed moo. It was the moo's choice to make two of their own with the new husband.

I'd guess teen hasn't had much mothering since the siblings came into the picture and considering their conditions, one can assume she is constantly expected to give into the little brats to avoid a meltdown. When was the last time she had a special day that wasn't ruined by the brats? Can she even have friends over without the brats ruining everything? How many of her personal possessions have been destroyed by the brats? How much babysitting is she expected to do (clearly she isn't meeting the expectations)? When was the last time teen experienced a nice peaceful normal day (with no screaming meltdowns at meals and no issues with bedtime or in between)? Has she had to give up her dreams of vacation, a car, or college because of her bratty siblings?

I just see this video as all the adults in her life are trying to bully her into helping out her siblings instead of shutting their yap and doing it themselves. Obviously the teen doesn't agree so they try to make her feel bad by calling her names and guilting her, where are the adults in this situation? I didn't see the duh once, the one who created both brats. I'd bet no one has accused him of being selfish for not taking care of the brats he created. Maybe they should start there.

The adults better figure it out because the teen isn't going to be guilted into sticking around. The teen was a couple of years away from moving out of the house and something tells me she'll move out at eighteen and not come back.

I relate to her so hard, adults told me the exact same stuff, even my mom's fucking real estate agent encouraged me to help out to "give my mother a break". I fought back against the parentification hard and no regrets. I was unable to move out at 18 bc they wouldn't let me work except during summer time when I was a teen to "focus on school" but really I suspect it's bc they'd knew I'd leave if I financially could and prevented me from working for that reason, their plan worked unfortunately. My summer jobs were always day camps bc they were the only ones that would accept summer only employment and they didn't even pay minimum wage (paid cash under the table under the guise that we were "counselors in training").

They keep telling her she "has a nice life" what makes them think that? Bc she has nice looking clothes? So did I, and my childhood was still a nightmare so much so that I have CPTSD and I'm even getting a service dog for it (not emotional support animal, an actual service dog), and PTSD service dogs are not easy to get approved for. Nice clothes do NOT mean you have a good life.
September 12, 2022
ladybug2203
They keep telling her she "has a nice life" what makes them think that? Bc she has nice looking clothes? So did I, and my childhood was still a nightmare so much so that I have CPTSD and I'm even getting a service dog for it (not emotional support animal, an actual service dog), and PTSD service dogs are not easy to get approved for. Nice clothes do NOT mean you have a good life.

Joan Crawford kind of proved nice clothes won't make a nice life with her wire hangers outburst.
September 16, 2022
ladybug2203
I relate to her so hard, adults told me the exact same stuff, even my mom's fucking real estate agent encouraged me to help out to "give my mother a break". I fought back against the parentification hard and no regrets. I was unable to move out at 18 bc they wouldn't let me work except during summer time when I was a teen to "focus on school" but really I suspect it's bc they'd knew I'd leave if I financially could and prevented me from working for that reason, their plan worked unfortunately. My summer jobs were always day camps bc they were the only ones that would accept summer only employment and they didn't even pay minimum wage (paid cash under the table under the guise that we were "counselors in training").

With the invention of birth control there is no excuse for parentification. Even prior to birth control there are plenty of people who were able to remain childfree, it was just more difficult.

At least they aren't trying to make her feel guilty for being neurotypical, at least not that we see. I suspect many parents purposely give their kids lots of stuff to hide abuse (sexual, narcissistic abuse or otherwise) because people in the outside world are easily fooled by this veneer.

I find it really interesting that lots of parunts can't handle their own autards and yet this teenager is being conned/shamed into taking care of two autard siblings. Surprised CPS hasn't been engaged to tell the moo/duh to find arrangements that are limited to capable and educated adults.

I hope you're able to get your service dog soon and it is helpful for you!
September 16, 2022
freya
ladybug2203

With the invention of birth control there is no excuse for parentification. Even prior to birth control there are plenty of people who were able to remain childfree, it was just more difficult.

At least they aren't trying to make her feel guilty for being neurotypical, at least not that we see. I suspect many parents purposely give their kids lots of stuff to hide abuse (sexual, narcissistic abuse or otherwise) because people in the outside world are easily fooled by this veneer.

I find it really interesting that lots of parunts can't handle their own autards and yet this teenager is being conned/shamed into taking care of two autard siblings. Surprised CPS hasn't been engaged to tell the moo/duh to find arrangements that are limited to capable and educated adults.

I hope you're able to get your service dog soon and it is helpful for you!

It's exactly what my parents did. They brought me a fuck ton of toys/plastic shiny shit then call me "ungrateful" whenever I brought up grave injustices. To this day I have extreme difficulty accepting gifts because of it.

And thank you re: service dog, unfortunately the average wait is 18 months to 2 years.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login