Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breederbitching over reduced school bus routes

Posted by CrabCake 
Breederbitching over reduced school bus routes
September 19, 2022
I suspect this is happening all over the country. In my city, there aren’t enough people willing to do the hellish job of school bus driver (honestly, my idea of the worse job EVER, maybe right down there with receptionist at a pediatrician’s office). So the bus company has no other option than to decrease the amount of service. It used to be that kids who lived more than a mile from school could ride the bus, but now that has been increased to 1.5 miles (oh the horror). Also, the number of stops has been reduced. In my hood, it’s great because now the school bus doesn’t even come anywhere near my house. Kids have to walk a few blocks (oh the horror) to what is now ONE pickup spot for the entire hood.

Of COURSE, the bitching on Nextdoor is deafening. Screams of “it’s not safe!” despite the fact that this entire hood is residential, and there are no arterials. It’s also a very low crime area. You’d think it was South Central LA to hear the breeder bitching.

The school bus system should have done this long ago, because this is all paid for with the taxpayer dime. In the several years before Covid, school bus systems expanded and expanded to the point where it was practically door-to-door service. Breeders and brats got spoiled and entitled because of that, so now that cutbacks are inevitable, they feel “robbed” and entirely put-upon. Get your own damn brats to school, or make them walk. I walked or rode my bike my entire public school career. Lord knows the lazy Cheeto-eating, video game-addicted fatasses could use the exercise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
Re: Breederbitching over reduced school bus routes
September 19, 2022
It is indeed happening all over the country. Lots of bus drivers were retirees working part time to get some extra money. They split when covid hit.

My feelings are similar to yours...unless there are massive traffic hazards, let the kids walk or bike.

I heard about some schools where teachers are now covering duty for "walking buses", i.e. walking assigned groups of kids partway home. Fuck, yet another thing they're expected to do beyond the school day! So glad I got out before covid hit! I bet it's required, too.
September 19, 2022
My cousin's husband is retired and is driving the school bus for extra $$$. They are puttiing my useless 2nd cousin through a second degree at $50,000/year and my cousin the kid's mother has two horses after they sold their farm.

Actually I am now asking myself WHY this guy is working at all, he also just bought a used sailboat. I guess the bordom of living there.

I guess even in really small town NS in Canada they now have video camera's on the buses and metal detectors in the schools. Totally different world than it was 35 years ago.
September 19, 2022
Re: cameras...if I were a school bus driver I would be GLAD to have a camera and audio recording, because when teaching there were incidents where a student (same student, multiple occasions) accused me of slapping him. Hallway cams proved him to be a massive liar. So yeah, I'm all in favor of video/audio recording on buses.
September 20, 2022
Well if the breeders so so concerned about the safety/health of their sprogs, why don't they drive them to school every day? Or get jobs driving the buses so students can be delivered right to their homes instead of being made to walk a few extra feet to a bus stop? I'll bet none of them are willing to get off their asses and drive their brat or other people's brats to school every day.

There is no need to stop at every student's house unless the kids live miles and miles apart, which I know can be the case for kids who live out in more rural areas. Otherwise, it won't kill the little turds to walk a bit, they aren't that delicate.

And why does a school bus magically make the commute safe? You think for one second someone couldn't hijack a bus full of kids or blow it up if they felt like it? One of my friends lost his five-year-old nephew recently when the boy's school bus backed over him at the bus stop. A bus is not a guarantee of safety to students.
September 20, 2022
This reminds me of possibly the stupidest meme I've ever seen, which simply said "walkable cities are fatphobic". You'd think it was a joke but no. There are apparently people out there that think walking somewhere is forcing them to exercise against their will like they're being subjected to a hate crime.

Cambion
Well if the breeders so so concerned about the safety/health of their sprogs, why don't they drive them to school every day? Or get jobs driving the buses so students can be delivered right to their homes instead of being made to walk a few extra feet to a bus stop? I'll bet none of them are willing to get off their asses and drive their brat or other people's brats to school every day.

Those are jobs for other people, you know, The Village.
September 20, 2022
I've never understood people's aversion to walking. It's the only form of exercise I really like. But most other people are opposed to it no matter how ideal the weather or how safe the area. I realize some people have medical conditions which make walking difficult and might not be visible, but so many people dislike walking they can't all have medical conditions. They seem to have the attitude walking is beneath them and for lesser people. WTF is up with that?
September 20, 2022
Ketchup
This reminds me of possibly the stupidest meme I've ever seen, which simply said "walkable cities are fatphobic". You'd think it was a joke but no. There are apparently people out there that think walking somewhere is forcing them to exercise against their will like they're being subjected to a hate crime.

I wouldn't call it 100 percent untrue - not in the sense of "fatphobia" but just that urban areas often do require a shitload of walking. The handful of times I've been to NYC, I could get somewhere faster by walking than I could trying to hail a cab or finding space on the train, and I walked a loooot because the blocks are freaking massive. I used to walk for miles when I was in Pittsburgh (LOL there's a reason I was 170 pounds then and 230 now). I'd put some music on and just wander aimlessly and see where my feet took me. I might wind up at a cafe, I might wind up at the arcade, I might wind up in a thrift store, I might get lost and just had to keep walking until something looked familiar.

Fatphobia is a real source of amusement because so many fat people seem to think everyone's lives revolve around being mean to them and making life harder for them. A doctor asking to weigh you is fatphobic. Expecting someone to walk instead of ride somewhere is fatphobic. Referring to plus sizes as plus sizes is fatphobic. Expecting people to pay more for plus size clothing because it requires more fabric to make it is considered fatphobic. Not wanting to date a fat person because you don't find them attractive is fatphobic. Not letting a 500-pound person ride amusement park rides because of the weight limit is fatphobic. I'm sure there may be some real discrimination at times, but these HAES people seem to think anything that doesn't specifically cater to obese people is discriminatory. shrug
September 20, 2022
I have also thought they should make the welfare sows work by riding on the busses. at least 2 to a bus.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
September 21, 2022
Last Spring the buses stopped at each house. Because of the shortage they now stop on a busy street at the bottom of each block. Lord have mercy, those poor childrun have to walk up to an entire street ten times a week! The abuse!

When I was a kid there was a stop at each street and the buses had to run more than one route because of a bus shortage. It was nearly 12 hours of hell, all said and done. The weather was typically bad, so we'd crowd on the porch of the nearest student's house if it were raining, snowing, windstorm, etc. and rush to the corner once we saw the bus.

No sympathy that these brats have to walk up a street, it is good for them.
September 22, 2022
The door-to-door school-bus service started, I think, because of fearmongering about bad guys everywhere ready to snatch kids. That never has been a real problem anywhere in the US, isolated incidents aside, and usually the perps who try that are caught quickly. In areas with door-to-door service, in the afternoons a parent is waiting at the spot where the kid is being dropped off.

Keep in mind the public schools are responsible for the kids until they get home, and pahrunts are quick to point fingers if something happens.

By comparison, I was walking to and from school by myself at the same age as those kids. This was in the early 1970s, when crime was actually seriously higher than it is now (according to authorities who have looked at the real numbers). When I rode the bus to various schools in the 1970s, I had to walk some distance to get to the assigned bus stop. That should put this into perspective.
September 22, 2022
I guess I can see the argument for buses because if everyone takes his/her brat to school in a separate car, the resultant traffic jams would be monumental.

I thought of this thread when I went to the rec center to swim yesterday morning. Thankfully, the place where I go is on a four-lane street with a boulevard in the middle, and it's not on the same side of the street as a middle school, so I did not get caught up in a traffic jam.

The cars were lined at least half a mile with parunts waiting to drop their brats. The line of cars was next to a sidewalk. I couldn't understand why the parunts didn't let their kids out and let them walk on the sidewalk into the school. The kids would not have had to cross any streets and it was a straight shot. Do they not trust their kids to walk maybe 50-75 yards?

I know my parents wouldn't have waited half an hour and burned gas and time--they would have booted me out of the car and told me to get in the building. And I would have been able to accomplish that.
September 22, 2022
bell_flower
I know my parents wouldn't have waited half an hour and burned gas and time--they would have booted me out of the car and told me to get in the building. And I would have been able to accomplish that.

Today, children are not allowed to be alone on the street for any length of time. The local Karen is likely to call CPS on parents for letting their children play on the grass in their front yards. We are talking ten-year-old kids.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 22, 2022
kman
The door-to-door school-bus service started, I think, because of fearmongering about bad guys everywhere ready to snatch kids. That never has been a real problem anywhere in the US, isolated incidents aside, and usually the perps who try that are caught quickly. In areas with door-to-door service, in the afternoons a parent is waiting at the spot where the kid is being dropped off.

Keep in mind the public schools are responsible for the kids until they get home, and pahrunts are quick to point fingers if something happens.

By comparison, I was walking to and from school by myself at the same age as those kids. This was in the early 1970s, when crime was actually seriously higher than it is now (according to authorities who have looked at the real numbers). When I rode the bus to various schools in the 1970s, I had to walk some distance to get to the assigned bus stop. That should put this into perspective.

With DNA testing and the internet it isn't so easy for a (mostly estranged parunt/relative, because that was who was typically doing it) to kidnap a kid like it was in the 1970's so the fearmongering has been outdated for many years. If someone has really good-looking brats and is wealthy they are likely either being driven to school, at a boarding school or have a bus that caters to wealth.

As far as trafficking I doubt most pervs want the common school brat and there are plenty of runaways and kids available in other countries for trafficking anyways. Traffickers mostly go after teenage/young women anyways and I know of some women who were almost kidnapped as young adults while in another country and at the beach.

There will always be the random serial killer but those are rare and mostly target adults anyways.
September 25, 2022
bell_flower
I guess I can see the argument for buses because if everyone takes his/her brat to school in a separate car, the resultant traffic jams would be monumental.

I thought of this thread when I went to the rec center to swim yesterday morning. Thankfully, the place where I go is on a four-lane street with a boulevard in the middle, and it's not on the same side of the street as a middle school, so I did not get caught up in a traffic jam.

The cars were lined at least half a mile with parunts waiting to drop their brats. The line of cars was next to a sidewalk. I couldn't understand why the parunts didn't let their kids out and let them walk on the sidewalk into the school. The kids would not have had to cross any streets and it was a straight shot. Do they not trust their kids to walk maybe 50-75 yards?

My parents would have done the same thing...pulled over a few blocks away on a side street, I would have exited the vehicle, and I would have walked my ass the rest of the way there on the sidewalk. Ya know, like a normal kid who could get herself from point a to point b.

When I was in third grade I rode the bus because the walking route to school was seriously unsafe...high-speed two-lane road with no shoulder let alone sidewalk, and at one point on the route it narrowed even more on a bridge crossing a creek. If bus service had gone down during that year, Ma/Pa Random would have taken me far enough to get past that busy road, then dropped me in the neighborhood near the school to walk the maybe half-mile remainder.
September 25, 2022
maybe they are afraid the kids are gonna get snatched...

as insane as this population is getting, I do think it is an increased chance now... still small thankfully but I think the risk is growing

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
September 25, 2022
I spent most of my high school and junior high in unstable housing/homeless situations. I spent high school riding the public transit system, or city bus to school because the school bus didn't go that far out/or I would have had to change schools 12 times a year due to there being no programs available for homeless students in the 80s. It was required that I get around massively unsafe roads in the cities I lived in to get to school, thus the parents didn't want me walking.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 08, 2022
I mostly walked or cycled to school, and unless we are talking about great distances, I think this is appropriate for most children. I do think a bus is a better option than every breeder driving a minivan to the school, but why does everything have to be about children?

If the argument is that it isn't safe for children to walk or cycle, guess what - it also is difficult for adults to walk and cycle. Invest in sidewalks and bike paths, which can be used by everyone. If the distances are significant, how about a city bus service which would also allow - for instance - elderly people who can't see well enough to drive to be more independent? I don't see why we can't look at measures that would serve the needs of a greater number of people, a broader group of the population, instead of focusing exclusively on a single use case of getting children to and from school. I'd certainly rather have my taxes spent on infrastructure that is multi-purpose and supports everyone in the community.
October 08, 2022
I am of a mixed opinion. people are so fucking greedy stupid driving nowadays they don't give a shit what they run over now it seems.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

October 09, 2022
I know people who drive their teenaged kids to school every day, even though they could easily bike, bus, or god forbid, walk. They are still tethered to their children like they are dependent on mommy (always the mother), who has to do things for them that they should be figuring out on their own, like how they are going to get to school.

FFS I walk 20 minutes to work and people act like I'm crossing the freaking Sahara every morning.
October 09, 2022
yurble
If the argument is that it isn't safe for children to walk or cycle, guess what - it also is difficult for adults to walk and cycle. Invest in sidewalks and bike paths, which can be used by everyone. If the distances are significant, how about a city bus service which would also allow - for instance - elderly people who can't see well enough to drive to be more independent? I don't see why we can't look at measures that would serve the needs of a greater number of people, a broader group of the population, instead of focusing exclusively on a single use case of getting children to and from school. I'd certainly rather have my taxes spent on infrastructure that is multi-purpose and supports everyone in the community.

Exactly, not everything is about the childrun. Resources should benefit the largest amount of people possible as it is most fair.
October 09, 2022
Ketchup
FFS I walk 20 minutes to work and people act like I'm crossing the freaking Sahara every morning.

I often walk to a local grocery store that is less than two miles from where I live. I've mentioned the walk and people react as if I just told them I swim the English Channel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login