Remember when school lunches were "free" during the pandemic? When schools closed their doors and went 100% online, remember the paid staff would distribute "free" lunches? Give them a limited time benny and they'll demand it forever.

How about not creating or taking responsibility for anything you are unable to feed as a bare minimum point of entry? The finger should be pointed at the parunts if their brats aren't eating.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/after-2-years-of-free-school-lunches-kids-now-have-to-choose-between-going-into-debt-at-the-cafeteria-or-not-eating-at-all/ar-AA12KUYm?ocid=msedgntphdr&cvid=3f29bbaf686b4b87b0c99bfdeb5a391e#image=AA12Lljq|8
freya

How about not creating or taking responsibility for anything you are unable to feed as a bare minimum point of entry? The finger should be pointed at the parunts if their brats aren't eating.

The fly in this ointment is America is taking the option out of breeding, and before you tell me cross the legs, this applies to abuse and rape victims and for mothers carrying brats without skulls and nonviable pregnancies.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
I probably told this story before but when I was a kid, after one of my parents died, I qualified for the free lunch at school. My parent did not want me to be stigmatized, so I did not participate. Plus, my parent could fix me a lunch and it was cheaper than the cafeteria lunch. A peanut butter sandwich + an apple or a banana makes a pretty cheap lunch.

I wonder how many of these "parents" really cannot afford lunch for their kid. I suspect many of them are not going without beer or drugs, fancy cell phones, fancy nails and salon crap.

They just don't want to pay for their own kids and they are getting used to all the gimmes.
bell_flower
I probably told this story before but when I was a kid, after one of my parents died, I qualified for the free lunch at school. My parent did not want me to be stigmatized, so I did not participate. Plus, my parent could fix me a lunch and it was cheaper than the cafeteria lunch. A peanut butter sandwich + an apple or a banana makes a pretty cheap lunch.

I wonder how many of these "parents" really cannot afford lunch for their kid. I suspect many of them are not going without beer or drugs, fancy cell phones, fancy nails and salon crap.

They just don't want to pay for their own kids and they are getting used to all the gimmes.

The ones who received the free lunches prior to the pandemic aren't the issue. It used to be that a thin minority of people qualified for the free lunches and now it seems to be cool to accept unneeded freebies instead of a stigma. There are lots of people out there right now who would greatly appreciate a free meal and are likely missing meals (and not dining out or able to buy worthless crap): college students, unemployed people and the elderly. It isn't just kids that are hungry.

I suspect lots of parunts are just lazy and if they can get a free lunch for their brats they will do so. Most of them care way more about paying for worthless crap and likely wouldn't care if there was a stigma attached to the free lunches. And then there is all the weirdness about people paying off school debts for lunch into the thousands for parunts who obviously don't qualify for free lunches yet are unwilling to pay for them. It is deliberate child neglect.
$4 perday for a school lunch?? That's $20 each week per child. thinks someone else is crazy

For that amount, you can buy a loaf of 12 grain, name brand bread and a piece of high quality meat and vegetables. Roast the meat, slice it and you can have high quality lunch every day. If you want to go cheap, get a lower grade cut of meat, store brand bread and some lettuce and you'd at least $10 each week.

We didn't have a kitchen in our school cafeteria in Catholic school. Everybody had a metal lunchbox and brought lunch and milk from home (milk in a glass thermos for the Gen Z crowd). Even in public school, buying lunch was a once a week luxury (real pasta bolognese Thursday) because it cost 0.50 Everybody brought their own lunch. And this was in an affluent town, too.

Why can't bizzy mawms get off tiktok, instagram, FB and make a damn lunch? You can prepare them the evening before and just hand it off to your kid in the morning to put into their backpack. It wouldn't take more than 5 minutes each evening during the week and you'd literally save hundreds of dollars every year, possibly thousands, if you have several kids.

If I, as an adult, can meal prep our lunches and dinners on Sunday afternoons for the coming week to save time and money, why can't a moo make a damned sandwich?
freya

The ones who received the free lunches prior to the pandemic aren't the issue. It used to be that a thin minority of people qualified for the free lunches and now it seems to be cool to accept unneeded freebies instead of a stigma. There are lots of people out there right now who would greatly appreciate a free meal and are likely missing meals (and not dining out or able to buy worthless crap): college students, unemployed people and the elderly. It isn't just kids that are hungry.

There have been a fair few businesses that went tits up when the Pandemic hit. Restaurants, tourist oriented businesses, and many businesses in malls are among the tits up. Parents who worked at these businesses could still be out of work and struggling. Then there are those parents that came down with Long Covid, and simply don't recover, or those caring for family members dealing with Long Covid.
peace
Why can't bizzy mawms get off tiktok, instagram, FB and make a damn lunch? You can prepare them the evening before and just hand it off to your kid in the morning to put into their backpack. It wouldn't take more than 5 minutes each evening during the week and you'd literally save hundreds of dollars every year, possibly thousands, if you have several kids.
There is also a serious problem with many schools not accepting the homemade lunches sent to school (crying UNHEALTHY) with brats and or simply disallowing most ingredients of a lunch. Peanut butter is almost universally banned in schools because of all the little shits deathly allergic to peanuts or half a dozen other things found in the lunch of a classmate. If they so much as SMELL a peanut, or whatever trigger ingredient, the little fuckers can die. Then the parents will sue the school into the next century. Some schools do not allow homemade lunches AT ALL for the fear of lawsuits. Those schools can charge $5 per lunch, not giving parents another option.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
I think I'm a rarity in today's political landscape, because I both acknowledge that there are genuine financial hurdles for many people (not just breeders!) and I think that everyone deserves the basics like food, water, and shelter, but at the same time I think people need to be personally responsible. So give people money for food regardless of parental status (something like UBI), ensure access to food (through public transport and providing incentives to eliminate food deserts), and then hold them accountable if they make poor decisions like failing to feed their children.
yurble
I think I'm a rarity in today's political landscape, because I both acknowledge that there are genuine financial hurdles for many people (not just breeders!) and I think that everyone deserves the basics like food, water, and shelter, but at the same time I think people need to be personally responsible. So give people money for food regardless of parental status (something like UBI), ensure access to food (through public transport and providing incentives to eliminate food deserts), and then hold them accountable if they make poor decisions like failing to feed their children.

We're in the same bucket.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Maybe I'm an asshole for asking this, but if these parents are all so fucking broke that they can't send their kids to school with a jelly sandwich and some carrots, why is CPS not removing the kids from these homes? Not feeding your own damn kids is neglect. Plus, if these families are so fucking poor, they're likely getting SNAP and/or WIC. What are they spending their food stamps on if not brat kibble? How poor are their money management skills when they get cards that let them eat better than working people and for free (I think lobster can be purchased with food stamps), but they still can't feed their brats?

I'm also gonna go out on a limb and guess that the schools aren't straight up letting kids starve. I remember stories like this in the past where poor breeders threw massive shitfits because the school took away their pweshuses' free lunches, when in reality, the school didn't let the kids have free hot meals and gave them a perfectly reasonable bagged lunch with a sandwich, fruit, vegetables and milk. Hot meals are not a fucking requirement - the kids still ate, but apparently that wasn't good enough because poor Derpleigh-eee had to eat PB&J while his less poor classmate ate a cheeseburger and fries.

I saw something recently about a Supreme Court case that might restrict Medicaid, SNAP and WIC in the near future too. So breeders might actually have to be financially responsible for their own damn kids. The horror! So if the government isn't feeding the kids and the schools aren't feeding the kids, who is gonna feed them? Mommy might actually have to get off her ass instead of collecting welfare.

I agree that everyone should have access to food and nobody should go hungry, especially given the sickening amount of food that is thrown out every single day. But breeders should also try thinking before making kids and whether or not they can afford to feed those kids. Because as we can plainly see, they got so used to their sprogs getting free food that they've come to expect it as the norm and they're gonna bitch when they lose that privilege. Because that's what it is - a privilege. The food may be free to the breeders, but someone is paying for it. It's not like Jesus is in the cafeteria making infinite sandwiches out of a loaf of bread and a block of cheese.

It's a shitty situation too because if you deny the poor brats free food, they are the ones suffering for their parents' poor choices and the parents suffer no consequences because it's not their stomachs that are empty and grumbling. But if you feed the poor brats, the breeders expect it, and hey, now they don't have to budget for food because the district feeds the sproggen!

Peace
For that amount, you can buy a loaf of 12 grain, name brand bread and a piece of high quality meat and vegetables. Roast the meat, slice it and you can have high quality lunch every day. If you want to go cheap, get a lower grade cut of meat, store brand bread and some lettuce and you'd at least $10 each week.

Oh, but breeders will give you alllll of the excuses why this is not a feasible option. They don't know how to cook, Herpleigh won't eat bread/meat/vegetables, it's too much work for a bizzy mawm, it's too expensive, it takes too long to make, Junior is allergic to (food) or has some autistic aversion to the texture of meat or a potato.

Anything to avoid paying money to take care of their own damn kids.
My hub said they minute they gave all this free stuff, just wait til it is not free. Then the news media shouts all over the place "theyre slashing all these benefits and it is hurting famblees whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh"

No, they from the beginning were labeled temporary. You don't get all this shit to the day you die.
Where I am there are food pantries and soup kitchens for people who can't afford basic food. The stuff is given to anyone who can't afford to feed themselves, whether they have kids or not. If a person's on the dole, they can also apply for Christmas food hampers and get a huge box full of great food. Free chicken or turkey, bread, stuffing, canned veggies, even cookies and treats. There was a time I received one because I was broke and on disability for my health problems. Now, of course, I wouldn't be allowed or would feel entitled to take anything like that.

I'm still not well off ATM, but when I'm in a better place, I'll consider donating some stuff to those places. I'd like to include pet stuff like Milk Bones or cat treats so if someone has pets, they can give something to them as well.

But, if people fall on hard times for whatever reason, there are options. I don't know how people can expect schools to provide free, hot lunches to every kid. Someone's gotta pay for that.
mumofsixbirds
Where I am there are food pantries and soup kitchens for people who can't afford basic food.

There are food banks in most cities, yes, but is the food edible? Not always. In Phoenix, some pantries often gave out rotten food. We aren't talking about food past its stamped use by date, but food with mold growing on it.

In Prescott, Arizona, the food is edible to very good.

Food banks and pantries are a crap shoot, many are good, but many aren't.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Not that I could tell. The meat was properly frozen when I received my hamper. Not that I was a regular frequenter of food banks, but when I did go the food seemed edible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login