Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a chuld care desert

Posted by freya 
It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a chuld care desert
October 12, 2022
Apparently parunts are enrolling their embryos at this chuld care in OR. At least they're planning ahead.

whiner
“A day care bill is a mortgage right now," she said.

A day care bill costs the same as a mortgage in 2002 in my area, nothing new here. And probably prior to that, I just didn't inquire. Could be much worse, as this whiner is just now experiencing this increase in cost, 20 years later.

Chuld care shut down during the pandemic because parunts stopped paying the minimum fees needed to keep it running. Money was already thrown at it during the pandemic:

The $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief bill passed by Congress last year included $39 billion to stabilize child care, sending a lifeline to many providers. But much of the funding expires in 2024.

And yes, no one in their right mind will work brat care if a job at local store pays $3-4 more an hour.
And rural areas have never been well-represented in the first place because the population is low and sparse. If there isn't a grocery store for a 50+ radius don't expect brat care. Be thrilled if there is a gas station and remember living there is a choice.

It doesn't affect the majority of famblees because the majority don't have brats under the age of five.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/desperation-child-care-struggle-worsens-in-rural-u-s/ar-AA12Sr5S?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9ee09ba889fb4c62a8dd82d17b95308c
Re: It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a chuld care desert
October 12, 2022
playing a violin

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 12, 2022
Jeebus Fuck, $39 BILLION to "stabilize child care?"

My Gawd, when that runs out the whining will be EPIC.

The U.S. system of governance is failing.
October 12, 2022
bell_flower
Jeebus Fuck, $39 BILLION to "stabilize child care?"

My Gawd, when that runs out the whining will be EPIC.

The U.S. system of governance is failing.

They whined that this new bill omitted bratcare (even though $39 billion was spent on brat care since the pandemic)

President Joe Biden’s Build Back Better act initially proposed investing $400 billion in child care. But the final budget reconciliation package he signed in August, after being pared down to the much slimmer Inflation Reduction Act, contained no funding for it at all.

It is just an endless pit of brat care need. And where did the $39 billion go to? It isn't exactly chump change!
October 13, 2022
Why do people always act shocked when they learn taking care of kids costs money? Like is this some big secret or something?

The usual plan I see is one parent will stay at home and mind the sprog while the other works - usually the woman is the SAHM and the man is the breadwinner (assuming a heterosexual relationship, I don't know how gay couples figure out who does what) because child care will eat up one parent's entire income, so it's more practical for one parent to stay at home and be the brat wrangler. The problem is a lot of these women breed with shitheads and when they place their financial stability completely in the hands of another person, they may find it difficult or impossible to leave because they have no money and no resources.

I'm not surprised nobody wants to provide child care services professionally because the parents all suck, making a mile-long list of demands and screeching at the providers for not catering to their dumpling's every bullshit whim when they have 35 other kids to deal with. Imagine that, when you treat people like shit in a field of work, nobody will want to do that work anymore!

No amount of government spending will fix the fact that we simply have too many damn people. Breeders are just going to have to dump their kids on shady, unlicensed facilities and hope for the best if they can't dump the sprogs on Meemaw and Peepaw if finding legitimate, safe childcare is such a problem.

Or maybe some of these breeders should become licensed to run daycares so they can make money and solve their own fucking problem at the same time. Since parents are so desperate for brat care, these people could probably charge out the ass for their services because what are breeders gonna do? Not get necessary childcare? It's like funeral homes - they can charge a fucking fortune for what they do because you can't not use them when someone dies. If you take Nana's body home and cremate her on the grill, you get arrested for desecration/abuse of a corpse, but if Joseph Fucknuts & Sons does the exact same thing, it costs $12,000.

Or they could have just, you know, not had kids they can't afford. Why doesn't anyone think about who will take care of their brat when they get themselves knocked up or knock someone up? I know they're probably high on baby fumes, but a little forethought goes a long way. Most people cannot afford to not work, but when daycare costs as much as someone's monthly income, what's even the point of working? Just be the daycare yourself in that case.

The only other option would be for breeders to haul their kids to work with them, which I'm sure most employers will not agree to because kids can very easily become a liability when they're allowed to scamper around a workplace. Even if it's a place with few hazards, kids find immensely creative ways to injure or kill themselves and all it would take is one dumb shit child breaking their neck swan diving off a desk or going into organ failure from eating the toxic potted plant in the corner for all employers to swear off "bring your child to work day" and tell breeders to get fucked.

Meanwhile, I'mma just sit here and enjoy the fact that I don't have to worry about this shit and I'm sure you folks here can breathe a similar sigh of relief. I'm surprised parents aren't screaming for school teachers to provide daycare for free. Schools feed kids at least two meals a day, may as well have them babysit too. After all, teaching is nothing but overpaid babysitting, right? eye rolling smiley At least, that's what breeders seem to think.
October 13, 2022
Cambion
Why do people always act shocked when they learn taking care of kids costs money? Like is this some big secret or something?

It really seems like that's something that should be taken into account before having one, doesn't it? But what do we know about how haaarrrrd parenthood is, amirite?
October 13, 2022
I was at my favorite restaurant yesterday.... they added an outdoor tent for the pandemic a couple years ago. It is not a restaurant that openly caters to sprogss. they have a couple of boosters, no more. And I see very few kids in there and only a baby once. Thankfully just a pick up as it was growing annoying within a few minutes.

I really don't care to sit outside no matter the weather. On my way out though some small group of people were outside and two little bastards were running around like it was a freaking playground. If I had been outside I would have moved indoors. It is all fun and games until the shits trip and fall on the asphault

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.

October 13, 2022
I've not been to a restaurant sense lockdown.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 13, 2022
Holy fuckingest shit, $400 BILLION for child care?? Were they insane?

The government can throw endless benefits and cash at this preventable so-called "problem" but it will NEVER be enough. Breeder wants are a bottomless hole.
October 13, 2022
Ketchup

The government can throw endless benefits and cash at this preventable so-called "problem" but it will NEVER be enough. Breeder wants are a bottomless hole.

In many states, abortion is not possible, even for rape, incest, or life of mother, and they are going after birth control now, and a nationwide ban.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login