Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

People who don't need more kids and people who are quick to replace their dead child

Posted by Cambion 
Just a couple of facepalms from people I know (or kinda know).

First is a friend and his wife, whom I got to visit with after not seeing them in forever. It came up casually in conversation that the wife had miscarried recently and was still kind of feeling the aftermath of it. These two have very different work schedules and I'm amazed they even found time to fool around, but I really do think it was a blessing in disguise because the last thing these two need is another kid.

Not that they aren't good parents because their two boys seemed all right, but they currently have six people (themselves, their two kids, and one set of grandparents) and five animals crammed into a hoarder-level cluttered trailer made for half as many people. As you can imagine, nobody in the home is making tons of money, otherwise I'd wager they could afford to live somewhere that's not a trailer.

I love these guys, but the last thing they need is another fucking kid. There is literally nowhere to put it.

Second one, I mentioned in the thread about the school bus schedules how a buddy of mine lost his nephew recently due to a tragic accident. I learned that not even one full month after their child had died, the parents of the deceased boy were already trying to conceive another one.

Like I get that people grieve in different ways and take different amounts of time to mourn, but the kid's funeral was just last month for fuck's sake. Wait till the grass grows back on his grave before you start working on his replacement! It took me years after my last cat died for me to even want to consider getting another one, and I still don't have one for a number of reasons.

It amazes me how people can say that the worst pain a parent can experience is having to bury their own child, but then they get right to barebacking the minute the child's funeral is over so they can replace the kid like it's a dish they broke.
dunno. I do think a miscarriage can have a devastating effect on the 'wanna-moos'..

but they have the SO, they can cope with it on their own.. just say 'sorry' and let it go at that.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Cambion
Like I get that people grieve in different ways and take different amounts of time to mourn, but the kid's funeral was just last month for fuck's sake. Wait till the grass grows back on his grave before you start working on his replacement! It took me years after my last cat died for me to even want to consider getting another one, and I still don't have one for a number of reasons.

It amazes me how people can say that the worst pain a parent can experience is having to bury their own child, but then they get right to barebacking the minute the child's funeral is over so they can replace the kid like it's a dish they broke.

I don't understand the sprint for a brat replacement either. I've been considering a pet for a while now and am still deliberating it. It is okay to wait and deliberate to have brats and way better than risking post-partum depression buyer's remorse. What if the new one is the "wrong" sex, not as lovable or is defective?
When I was about 13 there was a couple on my block who had lost a toadler when it was about 3 or 4. I do not remember any details, such as, whether the chyld was sick or if it was one of those "I just looked away for a minuteTM situations.

I do remember that they had another chyld immediately. The replacement chyld was also female and they gave it the same name! Her name was Lacey.

Even though I was only 13, I still thought, that's weird AF. And at least they could have given the replacement kid a unique name! thinks someone else is crazy
freya
What if the new one is the "wrong" sex, not as lovable or is defective?

I feel like the kid will be screwed either way. If it comes out the other gender, it'll be an automatic disappointment and the parents may keep trying until they get another boy and will neglect the "mistake." If they do get a boy, it will constantly be compared to the deceased one in every possible way.

People really should not breed when in mourning over a dead child because they seem to think if they just reproduce soon enough after the last child passed away, the next one will be just like the dead one and then the parents take it out on the child when the kid winds up being different.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login