Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Halloween

Posted by cfdavep 
Halloween
November 01, 2022
https://old.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/yj71ex/if_you_come_to_my_door_on_halloween_asking_for/

Someone opened their door last night to find a moo standing there looking for free candy with a sprog in a sling.

The person was like if you are an adult you are buying your own and a sprog three months old has no idea Halloween exists and doesn't eat mini KitKats. Another person on r/cf said that they put a bowl out with candy and the bowl itself was stolen, plus there was talk of the pandemic.

I remember when Halloween was for kids who could walk ie. grades kindergarten to grade 6 tops and that was that.
Re: Halloween
November 01, 2022
Sometimes tots under five enjoy Halloween, I know that my nieces and nephew were trick or treating sense age 3. They'd chirp "Trick or treat!" when an adult (or kid) opened the door on Halloween Evening, even at 3. All three were precocious early talkers, and the eldest spoke in complete sentences at age 2, like a pocket adult.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 01, 2022
Really little kids can sometimes like Halloween too. Not infants because babies don't remember things, but I remember my cousin going trick-or-treating when she was maybe three and she loved showing everyone her lion costume.

And I have no problem with adults going trick-or-treating either because I don't think it should just be a kid-centric holiday and adults usually have better costumes anyway. But if you want candy at any age on Halloween, you'd better be in a damn costume. If you don't want to bother trying to dress up for the occasion, you can walk your ass to the gas station and buy candy like the other 364 days of the year.

Though if a Moo showed up on my doorstep with a loaf strapped to her chest and expected candy because babby, I'd probably praise her very spot-on high school dropout costume and give her some condoms with her Three Musketeers bars. tongue sticking out smiley

Even if the candy was supposed to be for the loaf, I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to give kids that young solid food yet? Don't they drink milk/formula and eat slop for a good portion of their first year of life?
November 02, 2022
Cambion
And I have no problem with adults going trick-or-treating either because I don't think it should just be a kid-centric holiday and adults usually have better costumes anyway. But if you want candy at any age on Halloween, you'd better be in a damn costume. If you don't want to bother trying to dress up for the occasion, you can walk your ass to the gas station and buy candy like the other 364 days of the year.

One thing my sister did do was deck out her little ones in GREAT costumes. The nephew dressed as a dragon one year, and the nieces often went as gypsies dripping in costume jewelry. One year, I vividly remember my sister dressing as a witch, with a live dark brown rat on her shoulder. The rat was named Cleo, and she went as herself. She was a gentle, sweet pet.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 02, 2022
There is no candy on this planet worth dragging an infant out for during a pandemic. At the very least, moo could have gone to the grocery store and bought a bag of candy. Or she could have gone trick or treating but I wouldn't be surprised if she was turned down..no costume...no dressed up brat.
November 02, 2022
crazy, not a friggin infant.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
November 02, 2022
They didnt come to my house but we saw many a young adult parent, moms and dads-two adults-with a little bit of make up on and maybe a funny hat, with goo goo ga ga babyees in a strollers trolling the neighborhood. I know there are people of all ages on this site, but I'm telling you the younger generation who was raised by the lame breeder parunts of the 90s totally sux now. Or u get the parents that need wine/beer to take their kyds trick or treating, thinking they are soooo badass. Pathetic.

TBH, I had 3 'groups' of treaters.....all WAY TOO OLD FOR TRICK OR TREATING. 6 in total, all but one was 16 or older, w/ barely a costume on and just a plastic grocery bag. No one wants to say "trick or treat" just show up to door step and hand em candy. My hub would do this if he got to the door first, and I shouted pointedly across the living room "Trick or Treat!!!!" Then they finally said it. If I answered the door, I just stared at them. They stared back. I got one dude that said "Trick or treat???" I chuckled and gave him the candy. The ones w/ their parents...um...why dont the parents tell them to say "trick or treat"?

Things have really really changed over the years since I bought my house and have changed since I trick-treated myself. It is what it is but it is a sad state of affairs IMO. But all us here, and other websites, since the 90s predicted this shit when those shitty parunts were raising their hell spawn, making 'em in to the lamest adults ever,
November 06, 2022
freya
There is no candy on this planet worth dragging an infant out for during a pandemic. At the very least, moo could have gone to the grocery store and bought a bag of candy. Or she could have gone trick or treating but I wouldn't be surprised if she was turned down..no costume...no dressed up brat.

I'm not opening my door to random people during a pandemic. I just put a bowl outside on my porch with a sign, and keep an eye out through the window for squirrels and topping up the bowl. I don't care how old they are or if they are wearing costumes, just take the candy and leave me alone.

At least there weren't any instances of someone taking the entire bowl of candy, but at least three people felt the need to ring the bell. Not the brightest lot, are they?
November 07, 2022
I don't really care what age trick or treaters are. If you're in a real costume and say "trick or treat" and are polite, you get candy from me. Yes, this includes teens/adults as long as they're polite and not causing trouble. Whatever, it's all fun. Just don't pretend the candy is "for the baby"...we all know you're out scoring loot for yourself. Don't insult my intelligence by saying it's for your kid who's still a developmental potato.
November 07, 2022
Honestly we should have a stash of cans of baby food for ppl bringing babyees, then just give that to them. If it is unopened, return it after Halloween
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login