Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moving to "be close to the grandkids"

Posted by cfdavep 
Moving to "be close to the grandkids"
November 09, 2022
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/44a0c86e-599a-37e2-a266-2d5467f9d319/i%E2%80%99m-moving-to-florida-to-be.html

This woman wants to move to Florida to "be near her grandkids" Her daughter is offering to build an extension on the house to get her down to FLA

someone on the comments said:

"Don't do it! My mother moved in with my sister after my father died. She put in a beautiful pool, and lots of concrete, redid half the house and finished the basement so she could live there. All told it was about $120,000. My sister turned around and sold the house 6 months later for a massive profit and moved out of state. I helped my mother find a condo that I helped pay for. My mother, the great person she is, just simply told me that she would be OK and that when she dies, my sister gets no inheritance"

I guess this can be a scam for free babysitting. Moo and duh build an upgrade to their house, get grandmoo to move in for free bratsitting, then when the market is right sell the thing and grandmoo has to find a way out, maybe having to move back to her home state.
Re: Moving to "be close to the grandkids"
November 09, 2022
cfdavep
"Don't do it! My mother moved in with my sister after my father died. She put in a beautiful pool, and lots of concrete, redid half the house and finished the basement so she could live there. All told it was about $120,000. My sister turned around and sold the house 6 months later for a massive profit and moved out of state. I helped my mother find a condo that I helped pay for. My mother, the great person she is, just simply told me that she would be OK and that when she dies, my sister gets no inheritance"

Ok, that is just plain evil. Hope her condo is really nice! So much for who will take care for you when you get older. The mother is still caring for the brat daughter and financed her new house.
November 10, 2022
Something very similar happened to one of my mother's friends. Her daughter urged her to sell her apartment and move in with her into her beautiful house. Months later, the woman was locked in a small room in the house, nobody would talk to her (including the grandsprogs), and she had to ask permission to eat anything from the fridge. There was a padlock on the fridge so she couldn't take anything without someone to unlock it.
The lady (I met her, and she was super sweet) got severely depressed and her ugly moo daughter dumped her into a shitty care home, and she died a few months later. My mother only knew this because she would call her, and her friend would cry about the abuse. She was a very healthy woman for her age. She just got depressed after selling her lovely home and abused by her daughter and the kids.
NEVER WORTH IT! Not that it'll ever be me, but this woman had a fulfilled happy life living in my mom's building with friends, activities, everything. After moving in with her family she didn't even make it a year.
Who will take care of you when you're old? I wouldn't count on your brats.
November 13, 2022
also, and this is another area, there are nasty vicious abusive parents who will deliberately stalk and move to areas the offspring is at to try and re-acquire their meat punching bag. they have no one to abuse so they try and abuse the child by moving, sometimes hundreds and hundreds of miles. this is indicative of just how evil some of these so called parents are.. don't forget them

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
November 13, 2022
mumofsixbirds
Something very similar happened to one of my mother's friends. Her daughter urged her to sell her apartment and move in with her into her beautiful house. Months later, the woman was locked in a small room in the house, nobody would talk to her (including the grandsprogs), and she had to ask permission to eat anything from the fridge. There was a padlock on the fridge so she couldn't take anything without someone to unlock it.

Let me guess, did the daughter demand the money from the apartment sale? Regardless, this is awful!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login