Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"CF" guy boots grandma girlfriend to the curb

Posted by cfdavep 
"CF" guy boots grandma girlfriend to the curb
November 15, 2022
https://old.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/yvtmyv/my_cousin_got_dumped_because_she_has_children_and/

Someone on reddit cf said they have a 55 year old cousin who sold her house to move into this guy's apt. He thought that since her sprogs were grown things would work out. The sprogs have kids of their own and the guy found out over a period of three years that the grandkids ALWAYS came first. ANY plans they had and a grandkid was dumped on them for the weekend or the grandkid was sick or a baseball game.

The guy lost it and tossed her to the curb. The dude was 37 when they met and was the one chasing her. The op commented down the thread stating that at 37 he should've known that this was a disaster waiting to happen.
Re: "CF" guy boots grandma girlfriend to the curb
November 15, 2022
All I can say is ESH (everybody sucks here). He was stupid to think that dating a woman with kids was going to work when he didn't want kids, and she was stupid to date a guy who doesn't like kids when she has kids.
November 15, 2022
Never EVER assume that just because someone's kids have left the nest that you can safely be in a childless relationship with a parent. Unless they have disowned their kids and cut off all contact completely with them or their kids are all dead, there is always a chance that Junior and Sproglina will come back home in adulthood because they lost their jobs, they can't afford rent, or they need sprog minding services from Meemaw and Peepaw on a moment's notice.

Brats and grandbrats will always come first in a breeder's life, so if you don't want your life and what happens in it dictated by sprogs, it's best to just plain not get involved with a breeder at any age. Surely being alone is preferential compared to being at the beck and call of your partner's children?

I agree, both people involved here are fucktards. The cousin for getting involved long-term with a man she had to have known wanted nothing to do with her damn kids and grandkids, and also the ex-husband for getting into a realtionship with a parent when he neither had nor wanted kids. Not all breeders are Susan Smith - they won't all off their kids for the sake of a man.
November 15, 2022
There was a guy once on reddit cf who just wanted a partner to hike and kayak with on the weekends. He lived for outdoors stuff and a single moo he was dating convinced him the kids wouldn't affect anything, until they totally did which was immediately.
It seems to be a theme with these moos that the kids will magically disappear whenever the couple is busy doing fun stuff. Maybe a tie over from when they were trying to convince themselves that.

He never had one weekend to do stuff with her and quietly ghosted her due to endless kid crap on weekends. At least he didn't move in with her
November 15, 2022
Cambion
Never EVER assume that just because someone's kids have left the nest that you can safely be in a childless relationship with a parent. Unless they have disowned their kids and cut off all contact completely with them or their kids are all dead, there is always a chance that Junior and Sproglina will come back home in adulthood because they lost their jobs, they can't afford rent, or they need sprog minding services from Meemaw and Peepaw on a moment's notice.

I was on a first date (online) years ago with a man who didn't have/want brats. He started talking about his sister who was on whatever drugs and how he may have to take guardianship of her brats. I would guess he wound up with the brats, seems pretty probable in that situation because she was on the verge of losing them-so it must have been really bad. I guess him knowing I didn't want brats isn't the same as dating someone who is willing to adopt his sibling's brats? I don't think he made the connection and was trying to impress me and it didn't work. We didn't go out ever again. If a person is willing to parunt the children of their relatives I don't consider them childfree and that includes any minors in the family, not just the minors of siblings. There are plenty of childless people who will adopt any famblee member. It is best to make that distinction immediately, so you aren't five years into a relationship when your partner announces his nephew and niece are moving in within the next 2-3 weeks and he is adopting them. And there are people who don't want kids but would adopt famblee brats just 'because famblee.' If someone is willing to parunt under any circumstances I don't consider them bratfree.
November 16, 2022
freya
There are plenty of childless people who will adopt any famblee member. It is best to make that distinction immediately, so you aren't five years into a relationship when your partner announces his nephew and niece are moving in within the next 2-3 weeks and he is adopting them. And there are people who don't want kids but would adopt famblee brats just 'because famblee.' If someone is willing to parunt under any circumstances I don't consider them bratfree.

I see plenty of people who use "childfree" to mean they don't plan to reproduce or adopt, but they're still willing to date people with children or take a relative's kids. That's definitely not what I mean by childfree, but hell, even breeders use it to mean "going out without the children" so there's no shortcuts when it comes to discussing expectations in a relationship.

Freya - I bet that guy didn't end up taking the kids, unless he found a woman to watch them. Like someone who was impressed by his supposed generosity. Easier to talk about blood when you're not the one doing the cunt work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login