Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why has male fertility halved?

Posted by freya 
Why has male fertility halved?
November 16, 2022
At 40-300 million sperm per millimeter, it is a non-issue. And there are so many positives to this!
Less unwanted baybees means partners can leave each other if they want/need to because this removes the obligation.
Less population, less resources needed, less pollution, etc.

Maybe mother nature is trying to tell the human race something....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/why-has-male-fertilerty-halved-study-suggests-average-sperm-counts-have-declined-sharply/ar-AA148LI7?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=6654fe6029d94e5fb2d3aae99dd27fb4
Re: Why has male fertility halved?
November 17, 2022
Oh noes, so women won't be able to oops their unwilling men as easily now! eye rolling smiley

Looking at things that are known to cause low sperm count, it could be any combination of things: alcohol consumption (probably in excess), smoking, drug use, obesity, exposure to chemicals, hormonal imbalances (like low testosterone or high estrogen), and steroid use, to name a few.

We certainly live in an increaingly polluted world, and if we look at the USA, plenty of men are huge lazy fat fucks who sit around all day drinking and smoking. Conversely, there are probably more gymrat men who use steroids than there were years ago.

Could also just be nature putting roadblocks in front of a species that has gotten far too large and needs to die out a little.

But I'm hoping this also doesn't mean that people will assume that lowered fertility means they can fuck without any protection. Decreased sperm count is not the same as no sperm count, and all it will take is some idiots going, "Oh I don't have to be on the pill/use condoms because I read that male fertility has gone down" to cause a baby boom.
Re: Why has male fertility halved?
November 17, 2022
Cambion
But I'm hoping this also doesn't mean that people will assume that lowered fertility means they can fuck without any protection. Decreased sperm count is not the same as no sperm count, and all it will take is some idiots going, "Oh I don't have to be on the pill/use condoms because I read that male fertility has gone down" to cause a baby boom.

This is a really good point. Same for women past 40? 45? who assume they no longer can become pregnant even though they aren't in menopause and end up pregnant because they don't bother with birth control. Just because the odds are lower doesn't make it impossible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login