Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bet it isn't this teenage bastards first time.

Posted by twocents 
Bet it isn't this teenage bastards first time.
December 03, 2022
I would have sued. See if this guy would have the balls to take it out of his shitstain little dicks hide. My guess is this isn't the first time this turd has pulled this stunt. Thank god that brother had cameras and caught the prick. Dad is at least proceeding in the right direction. And the prick is going to have a police record. man am i glad I don't have to deal with goddam bastards like this.

Right now my brother is threatening to "sue" me for my son taking a figure from his collection and get the police involved. Here is the story.

Last week my brother invited me and my family over for dinner. While we were there my son asked to see my brothers collection of toys and figures. My brother has spent a good deal of money on his collection and from what I know it's one of his biggest hobbies. Well, after dinner we left and everything seemed normal

Well, until yesterday. My brother called me up furiously and told me my "little shit" stole something from his collection and I needed to return it immediately. I honestly was upset at this, but if my son had taken something that was wrong, especially if it was from my own brother.

Well, it turns out that my son slipped away during dinner and took a Boba Fett figure from his collection. He confirmed it because he has footage from his porch camera of him taking it out to our car.

I was furious and took it from him. Here is the problem though, after I confirmed with my brother it was his I found out that my son had removed it from it's packaging. Apparently the figure is worth almost 2000$ in it's package and almost nothing out of it. So my brother broke down over the phone and refused to take it back before hanging up.

Well, he just called me again today and said he wanted me to pay for a replacement immediately or he will get the police involved and sue me. I told him I would help pay for one but not fully to which he said "not good enough" and hung up.

Honestly, what are my options here? I can't afford to pay him back right now. If he does go the police will my son get arrested? He's only 15. It was very wrong of him to do but I think my brother is over reacting. What can I expect if he does take me to court or call the police?

Update, my son took the Boba Fett figure. - 8 February 2019

So, I never honestly expected the post I made to get where it did. I also never expected the barrage of support and hate. I will say these past 48 hours have been a ride and that post has not helped in any way.

So, why am I back? Well, because I feel like I need to be. I'm not here to give some apology to a bunch of internet strangers for how I acted or seek validation. I'm here because I feel that for myself I need to admit my own wrongs and move on to a better place.

So, I want to talk about something first before I get into the update. Many people who responded talked about how me or my brother in a bad light, and with how I reacted in the comments it didn't help the situation. I was also hit pretty hard for how I was not taking my brother into consideration when talking about the issue.

To give some context for this, me and my brother have never had a good relationship. We have never seen eye to eye and after our fathers death he cut contact with me for a good amount of time. We're just to different in some senses. He's a single nerdy guy who has no aspiration for family while I’m the exact opposite.

In these past few years we've tried to fix this. Work as adults to bring what little family we have back together. During our time apart he began collecting old nerdy things, and I won’t lie I never understood the appeal. It is his life though and he can do what he wants.

So, when my son stole and damaged his property I didn't see how it was valuable to him and discounted it. So when he asked for 2,000 to fix it I really didn't feel like it was worth it. Was this wrong of me? Maybe. I don't feel bad about defending my son, I only feel bad that I discounted my brother in the process.

Sorry about that. Like I said, I don't want sympathy. I only wrote that out to allow myself to be true about the situation. back to the update.

So, after all was said and done, my family had pretty much been thrown into chaos. I had no idea what I was going to do and after talking with my wife, we decided we would take many of your advice and have my son pay him back. We collected all the non-essentials he had and planned to sell them to raise funds. During this time I got back into contact with my brother and wanted to talk this out to make sure this did not end badly. I offered to pay in full.

(Also, some people in the comments said that the figure was worth less so I asked him. He had it professionally valued a few months ago when he bought it and it's was worth a total of 2,200$.)

My brother said he plans to not sue us. His renters insurance apparently is willing to pay him the value he has listed, but he would need to file a police report to get it. At first we agreed not to go that route and simply pay him the value of it or one for a replacement if he could get it cheaper. This was the plan until last night.

During the process of taking his things away, my wife found a conversation he had with a friend he has over the internet. It turns out my son stole the figure to sell. He had googled it while we were at my brothers house and found out how much it was worth and bragged to a friend that he was going to sell it at a pawn shop. He didn't realize that taking it out of the package would ruin it so he ripped it out to hid in the car better.

Suffice to say, I am not happy about this. I won't elaborate on this very much more but me and my wife have decided that what is best for all of us is that we let him face the consequences of this. My brother is going to file a police report and collect money from insurance. Some may say this is a bit harsh, but honestly I think this might be for the best in the end. The way my son actively stole from family to make a profit worries me and I believe the only option that I can live with myself making is this. I will stand by my son till the need, but he needs to learn now before he is an adult.

So, thank you all for the advice. The support and hate are what I needed as a true wake up call. Like I said, I don't need pity. I'm doing this so that I can be true to myself, and maybe become a better parent in the end.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Re: Bet it isn't this teenage bastards first time.
December 03, 2022
Good on the parents for letting the kid meet the consequences. Sucks for the kid that $2200 is well over the grand larceny threshold and is a felony, which depending on the state can be a permanent record, even if the person was a minor. This is why you have to stress consequences to children early on. A shitty act as a teenager may ruin this kid's life. A felony on your record pretty much guarantees permanent underclass status in the USA. You're locked out of jobs, apartments, voting, etc. And with that on your record, you can't move to another country for a fresh start.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
December 04, 2022
I wonder if the uncle filing the police report to get the renter's insurnace to act did mean a criminal record for the kid, maybe it did even at 15. Even if it did I feel no sympathy for the teen, it is a douchebag move to plan out a theft of property. It was kinda funny that the dumb kid ripped of the wrapping, the detail that made the item a collectible to hide it in the car ending it's value.

It seemed at first the duh decided that it was only a toy and not worth the fuss, meaning he could not or would not pay up, but changed his tune when the brother took serious action.

In the end if the kid has a police record against him the relationship between the two brothers is probably toast for at least many years to come.
December 04, 2022
I still think this duh is a bit disingenuous. It is entirely possible this shit kid is a bad seed and nothing dad ever did registered, but I guess he is also getting some karma for backing his shit turd from similar crap. His initial reaction 'only a toy' speaks volumes. And given the rapid ease with which turd put it up for sale also makes me think this isn't this thief's first time stealing.

I just hope at some point turd kid does something that dad won't be able to cover in any way, shape, or form.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
December 04, 2022
"Suffice to say, I am not happy about this. I won't elaborate on this very much more but me and my wife have decided that what is best for all of us is that we let him face the consequences of this. My brother is going to file a police report and collect money from insurance"

I think the duh knows that his brother is serious and is willing to do whatever it takes to get justice so now it is suddenly ok that the kid face the music as they know there is no way out. They have to tell themselves this because the brother has them by the shorthairs. If there was a way out of charges against the kid I bet the family would let it ride and cut ties with the victim.
December 04, 2022
cfdavep

I think the duh knows that his brother is serious and is willing to do whatever it takes to get justice so now it is suddenly ok that the kid face the music as they know there is no way out. They have to tell themselves this because the brother has them by the shorthairs. If there was a way out of charges against the kid I bet the family would let it ride and cut ties with the victim.

I would like to give a high five to the brother who is demanding the brat take the consequences.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 05, 2022
Let this be a lesson learned the hard way by both Duh and his brat: NEVER fuck with a nerd's toys. It might seem like "just a toy" or "just a Lego set" to a lay person, but serious collectors will buy these things and keep them in pristine condition to preserve their value, which can often times be very high.

I find it hilarious that the moron kid stole it with the intent of selling it and then went and destroyed all its resale value by opening it. So it's not even like he's breaking even by selling the toy and getting money for it and having to pay it back to his uncle - he's in the fucking red!

I'm glad the parents chose to force the shit stain to face the consequences of his actions. The only downside for the parents is if the brat has a felony on his record forever that impairs his ability to find work and housing as an adult, they might be looking at someone who won't ever move out (or who refuses to try to move out). I imagine he'll hold it over his parents' heads and the uncle's head for the rest of their lives too. "I could be doing X or living in X if it weren't for Mom and Dad and Uncle Dan and his stupid toys!" Bed, made, lie, fucker. Bet he won't do that shit ever again!

The brat deserves what he gets, 100 percent. It's not like he was five years old and only understood toys as being for fun and playing. He looked up the item, determined that it was worth a lot of money, and stole from his own uncle on the basis that he knew full well that toy was valuable. I guarantee a pawn shop wouldn't have given him even a fraction of what it's truly worth because they probably don't dabble in toys, or are of the mindset that if it's not gold or electronics, it's junk. eBay would have been the place to sell it.

I kind of hope the kid gets to keep the opened toy so he can stare at it every time he looks around his stripped room as a reminder of his stupidity.
December 05, 2022
There was another one recently where the kid (who was like 17) threw paint on her aunt's $20,000 coat so she could post the video online. The OP's sister was refusing to pay up, and wanted OP to ask her husband for a new coat. OP thought it would be better if her sister sold the brat's car for the cost. Wonder how that one turned out.
December 06, 2022
yurble
There was another one recently where the kid (who was like 17) threw paint on her aunt's $20,000 coat so she could post the video online. The OP's sister was refusing to pay up, and wanted OP to ask her husband for a new coat. OP thought it would be better if her sister sold the brat's car for the cost. Wonder how that one turned out.

Brat needs to pay a price if this story's true.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login