Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Grandmoo showers

Posted by cfdavep 
Grandmoo showers
December 06, 2022
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mom-horrified-mother-law-gets-203038583.html

I guess this is the latest with the grandmoos. The mother pops out the kid and the grandmoo has her own babyee shower without inviting the mother of said kid. Moo rightfully called it all creepy.

I think grandparenting really is an attention whore thing with these women.
Re: Grandmoo showers
December 07, 2022
Why the hell do grandparents need showers? Aren't showers for the people who are directly involved with whatever is happening (wedding, pregnancy, etc.)? Unless Granny is up the duff too, dafuq she need a shower for? Showers are supposed to be a way for people to celebrate an event while also being provided with necessary items for whatever they're doing, like new dishes and appliances for getting married or strollers and bottles for a loaf. What's a Grandmoo need?? Isn't "congratulations" enough for these women?

The flaunting of the huge picture of the pregnant Moo at the grandma shower is weeeeeird, not to mention the fact the actual mother was not invited to the shower (probably because she would have tried to put a stop to it). I'm sure this Grandmoo won't force herself into the mother's life and meddle constantly. eye rolling smiley

I hope the Moo-to-be goes no contact or low contact with her in-laws because this is the kind of MIL who will do her damnedest to drive a wedge between the daughter-in-law and the son so MIL can take over as mommy. You know this is going to be the kind of grandmother who muscles her way into the delivery room and flaunts the loaf like its her own and completely ignores any and all boundaries the parents try to establish. Well, probably the daughter-in-law will be the only one enforcing any boundaries because I'll bet you anything the son is a momma's boy and will just let his Moo steamroll his marriage.

I'll bet nobody would throw a Grandduh shower - I don't even think fathers-to-be get showers. Their childed friends just take them out drinking and tell them what a huge mistake they've made.
December 07, 2022
Grandma showers are stupid self-centered events (as everyone here knows). But not including the person having the baby is a red flag. This "grandma" will be a pain in the ass.
December 07, 2022
the escalating entitlement and greed knows no bounds does it

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
December 07, 2022
I can't believe I'm reading about "Grandmoo showers minus Moo".

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 09, 2022
Not showers, but related, I’ve seen a lot of posts on TikTok of entitled grandmoos-to-be arguing how they should be allowed in the delivery room when their grandchild is born. Usually it’s the MIL of the pregnant woman and the tantrum is kicked off by the pregnant woman wanting her own mother in the room for support. They go on and on about how It’S NoT FaIR!!!!!!!1!!!! that the other grandmother gets to be there and they don’t.

If I was giving birth I wouldn’t want my mother anywhere near it, but I can see how some women would want that support. Giving birth isn’t a spectator sport, and life’s not fair. Just because your son nutted into someone doesn’t change these facts.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
December 09, 2022
frankly I wouldn't want anyone there other than the medicos.. but then that never happened.. not going to give anyone the satisfaction. just more stupid competitive cow patty crap

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
December 09, 2022
I've heard of Grandmoo showers. The justification is, Grandma needs an extra set of whatever (car seat, brat bed) so when the loaf comes to visit, Moo and Dud don't have to lug things back and forth.

Luckily, people in my social circle have been sensible and nobody close to me has hosted one of these gift grabs.

1. How completely wasteful to buy all new stuff for this
2. How is that someone else's problem that you want TWO of everything?

I would be really pissed if someone started asking for two of everything but people no longer have any shame.

I did work with a guy whose wife was pregnant with #3. We asked him if he wanted a shower and he said ABSOLUTELY NOT, that showers were for the first kid and they had everything they needed. (Kids 1 and 2 were the same sex as #3.)

I remember, thinking, what a rare class act this guy was. His wife also lost a pretty-advanced fetus (maybe 20+ weeks) and he even acknowledged what a scam it was, and how he felt his wife was manipulated by a funeral home to buy a casket for the expelled loaf.

He wanted a kid and was by all accounts a decent parent, but he saw through the bullshit. Pretty refreshing, actually.
December 09, 2022
bell_flower
I've heard of Grandmoo showers. The justification is, Grandma needs an extra set of whatever (car seat, brat bed) so when the loaf comes to visit, Moo and Dud don't have to lug things back and forth.

I can see needing a new brat seat somewhat, as sometimes brat seats break or aren't right for some reason. But new brat bed, that's ass. Needing ANY brat stuff is ass in my opinion, as brats aren't needed on this planet.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 10, 2022
expanding to breeder gimmees gimmees.. now it isn't just limited to the main breeders, it now encompasses the whole damn clan... wanna bet we see uncle showers, cousin showers. how far you wanna go??

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login