Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No, they don't make you feel younger

Posted by freya 
No, they don't make you feel younger
December 08, 2022
More like developing an overnight case of mature onset progeria.

A couple of comments to the post. Both of these people have intact senses of humor, which comes in handy when they reflect on their lives prior to age 40 when they were bratfree and likely feel completely shattered with the new reality. Where were both of them when their friends and relatives were pissing and bemoaning their brats from ages 20-40? Bet their friends are laughing now while their brats are almost fully independent. You can't convince me neither of them had a clue:

Breeder who feels older than her age
I’m a mom, and I tried to push it off as long as I could, but my marriage was at stake. I should have left, but succumbed to the sunk-cost fallacy. I work full time and have them in aftercare, so we don’t spend a lot of time together during the week. Weekends are sometimes tough, but I self-medicate to get through it and to make sure they’re not subjected to my rage and frustration. And just to note, THAT man that threatened to leave (he’s still here deep sigh) is whatever word there is to describe “worse than useless.”

There is so much of this where just one spouse goes total brat-rabies. While you can't help what your spouse does or if they change their mind about the important stuff, the one thing you can control is your reaction. I think in this instance the self-medication may be helping more than harming. Hopefully she can give it up once the brat is grown unless she winds up with more or the brats bestow their replicants on her to raise.

This one isn't feeling spry either
Ha…a fellow geriatric! I’m 48 w an 8 and 4 y/o kids. I was a very young 40 when my son was born in 2014. I guess a life of freedom and relative calm keeps you spry…who’d a thunk? Caught up to my actual age by the time my daughter came around four years later. Now I’m at least 25 years older than I should be. Hair thinning out…beard has turned gray…body getting more stiff and painful…tired 24/7/365…kids will age you up real quick! In another couple years of this pace I’ll be telling Grampa Simpson stories to my family as they put me in a home!

How does a couple of brats make a breeder feel at 48? Apparently, the answer is about 73 years old and thinking of Grampa stories to tell. Let's hope there are no more brats and that any grandbrats only visit a couple of time a year. This one isn't likely to be able to be active with any grand brats.

https://www.reddit.com/r/regretfulparents/comments/zfoquj/just_a_little_hopium/
Re: No, they don't make you feel younger
December 10, 2022
Holy shit! Isn't parunthood the greatest?

Regretful Breeder
I guess really the point I’m trying to make is that it’s ok to be regretful (obviously), but just as we must in our regular lives search for the positive (so that we don’t end up on the front page of the local newspaper), we can also look for those random moments that help us push through in raising these little humans that are our responsibility, for better or worse. Along with all the xanax and Titos we can get our hands on.
December 10, 2022
People who get pregnant need to punch their clocks or get an abortion. In the USA, it's the former.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 12, 2022
I still remember seeing how bad my aunt aged when she had her very unexpected kid. She was absolutely beautiful prior to calving and I'm pretty sure she didn't have kids on purpose, but got herself knocked up when she was almost 50 because she probably thought she was in menopause and didn't have to be careful.

Holy crap, her face looked/looks awful, like someone rolled Silly Putty over a crumpled paper bag. Deep, deep wrinkles, looked about 70 when she was 50, and turned into a frumpy Moo, complete with "mom jeans" and a mom haircut.

Idjit
Through the life experience I’ve had both with and without children, I can say that there really is something special about raising little humans, even though you might rather be gouging your eyes out with hot pokers or drinking unhealthy amounts of vodka nightly ahem. (Who wakes up with a hangover on a Tuesday?!?!)

The things that put that into perspective are often pretty dumb if I’m honest, but it’s often nothing more than my iPhone putting one of those memory series of photos together that show how far we’ve come, how cute they actually were when I was wishing for death, and how utterly charming they can be sometimes (often quickly ruined by their de riguer behavior)….

Yeah you're not really selling me on this whole breeding thing, sweetheart. If I have to replace my blood type with a proof just to get through another day with the horrible people I created, maaaaaybe it's not worth doing? I like how Moo thinks she doesn't subject her kids to her drunken frustrations. She gets sloshed on the weekends to survive her kids' existence, and unless she completely locks herself away from everybody else and just drinks herself into a stupor, believe me, her kids have seen her drunk and I'm sure she's told them to their faces she wishes they were never born after a few shots of liquor. Hopefully they aren't old enough to understand because finding out Mommy drinks simply because you exist (because she MADE you exist) can really fuck a kid up.
December 23, 2022
I am almost 70 and people think I'm younger. I can see the age myself.. in my face but I guess I am wearing better than the childed people. but I also seem to have some rather tough longevity genes in my family.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
December 23, 2022
I'm autistic, and autistic people rarely live longer than age 54 (my age) due to living in the equivalent of a stress augmentation chamber and all the stress related diseases that creates. Elderly and older autistic people are as rare as a white buffalo. Dual diagnoses autistic people who age past 54 are even rarer. (I've schizophrenia/bipolar.)

Still, I'm often confused for being much younger due to my severely oily skin (like a greased muffin pan). I've some age creases in my face, such as smile lines, but no wrinkles unless you look really closely under my eyes.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 23, 2022
craftyzits
I'm autistic, and autistic people rarely live longer than age 54 (my age) due to living in the equivalent of a stress augmentation chamber and all the stress related diseases that creates. Elderly and older autistic people are as rare as a white buffalo. Dual diagnoses autistic people who age past 54 are even rarer. (I've schizophrenia/bipolar.)

I didn't realize autism meant a shorter lifespan. This is sad and makes me wonder why someone who is autistic would have brats, just so they can die early.

craftyzits
Still, I'm often confused for being much younger due to my severely oily skin (like a greased muffin pan). I've some age creases in my face, such as smile lines, but no wrinkles unless you look really closely under my eyes.

I don't know if it is possible to have oily skin and wrinkles. Seems like older skin is mostly dry.
December 23, 2022
Cambion
I still remember seeing how bad my aunt aged when she had her very unexpected kid. She was absolutely beautiful prior to calving and I'm pretty sure she didn't have kids on purpose, but got herself knocked up when she was almost 50 because she probably thought she was in menopause and didn't have to be careful.

Holy crap, her face looked/looks awful, like someone rolled Silly Putty over a crumpled paper bag. Deep, deep wrinkles, looked about 70 when she was 50, and turned into a frumpy Moo, complete with "mom jeans" and a mom haircut.

At this point most people I know are done having brats. I do see celebrities on the news and even with all the money/nannies they have the aging is still obvious. I figure if someone with more access to resources, help and surgery is unable to avoid fast and advanced aging then I would have had no hope. I can't help but think the older a person is the more damage will be done to their face/body especially as they move past the typical brat birthing years.
December 24, 2022
freya

I didn't realize autism meant a shorter lifespan. This is sad and makes me wonder why someone who is autistic would have brats, just so they can die early.

Autistics are as susceptible to breeder propaganda as everyone else, including from supposedly loved ones who are supposed to give a shit. My uterus and ovaries are in a medical waste pile.

I don't know if it is possible to have oily skin and wrinkles. Seems like older skin is mostly dry.

Old Italians have the kind of oily skin that I have. Even with all the oil, wrinkles will happen given enough time. Just with oily skin, wrinkles come late, and not as heavy as the wrinkles in those with dry skin.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 24, 2022
craftyzits

Oily skin ages much better than other types.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
December 26, 2022
I am following this thread and I have to note that actually I have been diagnosed with autism and I am 64 now so there are some older of us. But it is a life in a stress chamber and my family has sheltered me when I could not live on my own with the under and unemployment and this is even though I have a "mild" case. They did shelter me but not always supportive. I now am on maximum dose of antidepressants and antihypertensives and have had counseling (which has wiped out my bank account several times). There are exceptions (Bill Gates) most people with autism tend to be on the poor side and that's not good for a lifespan. And yes, it does help I had no kids (never interested).

One thing that might explain the short lifespan of people with schizophrenia is because in state mental hospitals in the past the patients would sit around and hear voices and chain smoke all day. It was the smoking that was so bad and the thought was "they suffer so much, smoking might be their only relief". I wonder if today, because just about anyone in a state mental hospital has schizophrenia, if there is still so much smoking.

Meanwhile, I wonder what a nursing home will be like for autistic people with the odors, the constant TVs, the crowding, and bingo, bingo, bingo, all the time. I worked in housekeeping in a nursing home and I did not like what I saw, even though it was a good nursing home.
December 26, 2022
mr. neptune
I am following this thread and I have to note that actually I have been diagnosed with autism and I am 64 now so there are some older of us. But it is a life in a stress chamber and my family has sheltered me when I could not live on my own with the under and unemployment and this is even though I have a "mild" case. They did shelter me but not always supportive. I now am on maximum dose of antidepressants and antihypertensives and have had counseling (which has wiped out my bank account several times). There are exceptions (Bill Gates) most people with autism tend to be on the poor side and that's not good for a lifespan. And yes, it does help I had no kids (never interested).

You are a unicorn, it would appear. I've a triple diagnoses, schizophrenia, bipolar, autism. Most of us die by age 34. Suicide is the usual culprit. As for family, most of mine were too poor most of the time and had no shelter to offer, although they did support me as well as they could. I did rent a room from my sister from time to time when she had room. Unfortunately, I was often expected to care for her brats, though.

One thing that might explain the short lifespan of people with schizophrenia is because in state mental hospitals in the past the patients would sit around and hear voices and chain smoke all day. It was the smoking that was so bad and the thought was "they suffer so much, smoking might be their only relief". I wonder if today, because just about anyone in a state mental hospital has schizophrenia, if there is still so much smoking.

I never took up the smoking habit.

Meanwhile, I wonder what a nursing home will be like for autistic people with the odors, the constant TVs, the crowding, and bingo, bingo, bingo, all the time. I worked in housekeeping in a nursing home and I did not like what I saw, even though it was a good nursing home.

Many autistics live with earbuds in their ears to drown out that mess. I live in medical housing with three roommates, and I do spend most of my time in my room.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login