It's starting....
December 20, 2022
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/baby-found-dead-near-grant-oracle-in-tucson/ar-AA15t2BI?ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=ee6dc5bc6bdb438fffaf6068d8006a07&rc=1

An apparently newborn baybee was found dead yesterday. Authorities are looking for the moo and reminding people about Safe Haven laws.

Wasn't abortion outlawed about six months ago? This one is a little early, so there will be a lot more coming.

ETA: Here is a more detailed article.

https://www.kvoa.com/townnews/police/abandoned-newborn-found-dead-in-plastic-bag/article_71ff3804-7ff7-11ed-abd0-2bea84e1b05d.html
Re: It's starting....
December 20, 2022
We knew it was coming. But these religious nutbags don't listen to reason!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
December 20, 2022
Of course comments on the one of the articles say the woman should be killed the way the baby was. Yeah, the state has safe haven laws but if the mother was doing drugs, you KNOW she'd get crucified for it (I imagine they test the kid for the presence of drugs in its system), and maybe she'd get crucified anyway, simply for not wanting the loaf and handing it over in the first place. I sometimes wonder if people who make use of safe haven laws and don't "donate" the child anonymously, get persecuted for being so "awful" as to not even want the kid at all. If it were me, I damn sure wouldn't let anyone know I was the "donor" because who knows what they'll come up with next to punish women who don't want children.
December 20, 2022
I really hope not but it is likely that she would have been crucified for surrendering to a safe haven. Just takes one big mouth to do it/one other jealous moo who missed her window to turn her brat in and wants all other women to suffer like she has. I'm not sure there is a bottom to the level of misery parunts endure, it seems like a bottomless pit of regret and misery.
December 20, 2022
kidfreetexan
Of course comments on the one of the articles say the woman should be killed the way the baby was. Yeah, the state has safe haven laws but if the mother was doing drugs, you KNOW she'd get crucified for it (I imagine they test the kid for the presence of drugs in its system), and maybe she'd get crucified anyway, simply for not wanting the loaf and handing it over in the first place. I sometimes wonder if people who make use of safe haven laws and don't "donate" the child anonymously, get persecuted for being so "awful" as to not even want the kid at all. If it were me, I damn sure wouldn't let anyone know I was the "donor" because who knows what they'll come up with next to punish women who don't want children.

The government will DNA test any and all children on the quiet to expose any female who won't happily enter slavery.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 21, 2022
Maybe if there wasn't such a stigma against women not wanting to be mothers, more women would be willing to use the safe havens. I don't know if they're genuinely anonymous or not (I'm guessing they aren't), but there are likely a lot of reasons for not wanting to use one. Fear of being outed or charged with something, a mix of fear and confusion after a loaf comes out of the woman and she acts impulsively, the fear that a family member or the father could reclaim the child and force it back into her life, fear of repercussions if she drank, smoked and/or used drugs while pregnant, fear of the child finding her in two decades, fear of being seen walking in the fire station or ER with a baby and leaving without one and confronted, inability to reach a safe haven location, and plenty of other reasons I'm sure I missed, but that are likely just as based in fear as the ones I did mention.

Don't get me wrong, safe havens are a step in the right direction for sure. But they need to be made more anonymous, like maybe just a box in the side of the hospital where a loaf can be dropped off - no questions, no forms, no nothing. Then it alerts the staff when something has been dropped off. I think someone did implement something like this in the not-so-distant past and it had a loaf crammed in it within like a week of installation.

Or just, you know, keep abortion accessible and legal. The pro-liars can't have it both ways - they can't bitch about how abortion is murder and have it banned and then turn around and bitch when women abandon their loaves and let them die from exposure. Surely they had to have seen this coming? Taking away a woman's ability to abort an unwanted pregnancy isn't going to make unwilling women go, "Welp I guess I'm a mom now!" But heyyyyy as long as a fetus wasn't "murdered" it's all good, right?? Pro-liars never cared about fetuses once they're born, so by their logic, infanticide is a perfectly acceptable alternative to termination.

I couldn't get the link to open, so I tried finding out more from other websites. Another site that covered the story had this to say:

Dennis Hugill, the manager of the mobile home park (where the dead infant was found), said the person who abandoned the infant could have safely handed the child over to designated places under the Safe Haven Law in Arizona.

Safely for the child, but how about safely for the woman? Nowhere in the story I read said that safe havens were anonymous or that the mother would be protected from legal repercussions if she surrendered the child.

Better get used to this because it's going to happen a lot more often. Safe havens are only safe for babies.
December 22, 2022
Cambion
Don't get me wrong, safe havens are a step in the right direction for sure. But they need to be made more anonymous, like maybe just a box in the side of the hospital where a loaf can be dropped off - no questions, no forms, no nothing. Then it alerts the staff when something has been dropped off. I think someone did implement something like this in the not-so-distant past and it had a loaf crammed in it within like a week of installation.

Or just, you know, keep abortion accessible and legal.

Yes yes and YES.
January 10, 2023
And where’s the anti-choicers when THIS happens!? But unfortunately, they only care about fetuses and punishing women for having sex… They wouldn’t give two shits about babies being neglected or children being abused. They don’t care about the fetuses they once saved now that they’re already born and need food, shelter, and loving parents.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login