Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CF influencer user busts open the "who will care for you when you get old?" bingo

Posted by Cambion 
https://www.boredpanda.com/childfree-woman-discussion-nursing-home-elderly-dominique-baker/

Points out many things we likely already know, like how the loneliest people in nursing homes and care facilities are parents and grandparents who are either estranged from their brats or their kids just plain don't visit them. Meanwhile, the childless and childfree residents often have loads of visitors! Probably because when you're childfree, people are around you because they want to be and if you live long enough to be in a nursing home, you don't sit around spending your remaining days/weeks/years hoping your kids you raised might show up.

If anything, people's kids are going to wait for their parents to die so they can snatch up whatever inheritance there might be. Besides, who the fuck cares who will take care of me if I get old? Why is that anyone's problem but mine? Entering into parenthood with the belief that your brat owes you for raising them is going to lead to a lot of resentment and most likely abandonment. So given the fact that reproducing is not insurance against being alone in old age, why not just spend your life living it up sans brats?
She made lots of good points in a thoughtful way and wasn't hostile towards the procreators, but they were definitely rude and hostile towards her.

This proves further what a thoughtful woman she is:
CF Influencer
Dominique revealed to Bored Panda that “one of the main reasons I didn’t have children is due to the genetic disease in my family. I didn’t want to pass it on to a child.”

This isn't enough to stop lots of parunts who live to regret their decision and have kids who will also regret that decision.

This isn't enough to stop lots of parunts who live to regret their decision and have kids who will also regret that decision.

Sadly, what I've observed is these bints with genetic disorders don't ever regret their decision. They are just so HAPPY they get to be MOMMIES and they do not care what they inflict on their kids. The kids pay the price every time.

I have a disorder that I've mentioned before. I do have challenges and I've had orthopedic surgeries because of it, but I can still function. I'm mild to moderate on the spectrum. I did not get diagnosed until I was in my 50's because healthcare sucks for most women and you are not believed.

I always had chronic pain and it was a HUGE factor in not breeding. I KNEW it was all I could do to get myself to work each day. How could I possibly do that and take care of a kid too? And believe me, seeing people in your family die suddenly because of aortic dissection or aneurysm is scary. I didn't want to have kids and have that happen to me. Despite doctors telling me it was NOT familial, it turned out it IS familial and can be part of the disorder for which I was eventually diagnosed.

These same doctors saw my chronic pain and degenerating spine at age 31 and wouldn't give me a tubal ligation for health reasons.

I didn't need a doctor to tell me I had something wrong with me---I saw it with my own eyes and I've never regretted my decision.

I wish others were so compassionate for the sake of their kyds that one would presume they CARE ABOUT.

BUT NO. I'm on a FB group and it's just so hard for me to not comment. One ringleader bint has a pretty extreme case. She is young, like 26 or 27, and is already disabled and cannot work. She can, however, fuck and make a kid--in fact she made THREE KIDS. And then complains about taking care of them.

Other parents who knew they had the disorder and bred anyway also make me nuts. They post horrible stories, for example, their 15 year old son is suffering all these orthopedic injuries and he's in a wheelchair, is facing a life of disability and "just wants to be a normal kid."

And these are people who KNEW THEY HAD THE DISORDER and they BRED INTENTIONALLY.

I just can't.
I had a friend that told me I was wrong when I said that some friend of hers had 3-4 kids w/ Cystic Fibrosis was being selfish having all these kids, and kept having 'em, and to just having 'em sit in wheelchairs and suffer, and I'm sure ruining her marriage/bank account and looking for handouts needed for help. She said it was a "choice" like any choice I made being CF. And since the kids didn't know any other life, they werent missing out on anything and weren't suffering. (wrong, CysticFib makes it hard to breathe I didnt want to bicker, so I let her have the last word on it.

But I lost respect for her as a human and as a mom. OBVIOUSLY, it is not like my choice. My choice affects me and really no one else. Her friend's choice affects her ever-suffering kids, and the Govt giving tax dollars in support. It goes to show, the ever all knowing Moos out there how they really really really never think anything out and just give into the dream of being a Mawm of a normal kid, no matter the costs, and how other Mawms will support them on it, while the whole thing is ridic!
cfuter
I didnt want to bicker, so I let her have the last word on it.

Just as well, there's only wind blowing between that cunt's ears.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
I had a hard time not commenting when a relative's good friend had multiple kids with CF was then whining about her CF daughter's very high risk pregnancy.

Apparently her kids were so severe, they pretty much had no life and then suddenly there was a medical breakthrough with some kind of drug where they could get a semi-normal life and what happens.....they immediately bred more kids with CF. I mean, it's great the drug is working for now, but sometimes drugs stop working and what if the drug is pulled off the market, then you are really fucked. And what about the health risks to the mother who really went downhill while pregnasty, I guess because she couldn't take the drug?

But no, it's all rah-rah baybees and everyone has a RIGHT to reproduce, no matter what they inflict on the kid.
That's mighty selfish. Just because there's a potential treatment for a debilitating inherited illness doesn't mean you need to go and breed anyway and risk making more people with that illness. That's like having kids when there is a major family history of cancer because chemo and radiation exist.

A lot of things can happen to "miracle" drugs. Like you said, bell_flower, the drug may stop being effective or may be pulled from shelves for some reason (especially if it causes birth defects). The drug may no longer be covered by insurance, or the kids may be unable to afford those treatments in adulthood. A shortage of the drug in question could crop up. Life is hard enough when you're not sick, so why damn a kid to a lifetime of suffering because a treatment might exist for the thing they'll probably be born with? Then the kids will wonder why they have to live like that when they didn't do anything wrong and didn't ask to be born, but still have to suffer.
thanks for the proof that these pigs don't care what they inflict on their children.

given the cost of medication they have to be on assistance. I doubt anyone could afford the medicate these defectives. But of course, instead of just a couple of cystic fibrosis now there are many more to spread the gene around.

people don't care what they inflict on children. but this is the crux. THEY DON'T CARE

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
bell_flower

Sadly, what I've observed is these bints with genetic disorders don't ever regret their decision. They are just so HAPPY they get to be MOMMIES and they do not care what they inflict on their kids. The kids pay the price every time.

I have a disorder that I've mentioned before. I do have challenges and I've had orthopedic surgeries because of it, but I can still function. I'm mild to moderate on the spectrum. I did not get diagnosed until I was in my 50's because healthcare sucks for most women and you are not believed.

I always had chronic pain and it was a HUGE factor in not breeding. I KNEW it was all I could do to get myself to work each day. How could I possibly do that and take care of a kid too? And believe me, seeing people in your family die suddenly because of aortic dissection or aneurysm is scary.

I really don't understand why our society thinks it is acceptable to not shame people who knowingly have kids who have a high probability of suffering their entire lives and be in pain. Those high probabilities should mean the option of adoption and/or being sterilized only.

Thank you for having the sensitivity to not bring a child to this planet knowing he/she will likely suffer for the rest of their lives. Sadly, you're the exception and not the rule.

I hope for your sake that there can be a better alternative to pain management developed. And I cannot imagine seeing people in my family die suddenly would be anything but traumatic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login