Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Age 30 to 50 Will Be Your Unhappiest, Here's How To FIX IT!

Posted by freya 
Age 30 to 50 Will Be Your Unhappiest, Here's How To FIX IT!
January 10, 2023
This video claims that childhood and early adulthood people tend to be optimistic.
It also claims (pointing to the data) that having brats makes everyone's happiness go down even though the speaker claims her brats are the most wonderful thing ever.

The claim is that life in all countries tends to be U shaped, with starting off great, and going downwards until around 30-50 then becoming happier. These are exactly the years when the majority of people are breeding.

I'm wondering if having a different shape to one's happiness may be a factor in not wanting brats, such as not experiencing a happy childhood/early adulthood, which leads one to be pessimistic and think of the worst-case scenario for having brats?

It makes me wonder if I'd been really happy as a child, would I have made other choices? I really don't think so because even if life had been really easy I still would have observed how annoyed virtually all parunts always were when brats were around and how happy they were to be away from them. I don't think I ever saw a parunt that was always happy and even the most patient ones could be at their limit pretty quickly when dealing with brats.

My life has only gotten better after the age of 30, especially after 35. I've experienced a huge increase in happiness/optimism when I started discarding toxic people from my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DZK1nawEXQ
Re: Age 30 to 50 Will Be Your Unhappiest, Here's How To FIX IT!
January 11, 2023
A lot of commenters on the youtube vid are going on about how they are so optimistic now that they have kids. They have to be since it is permanant, many deny climate change as they do not want to think about the world their kids and grandkids will be facing. One breeder insisted his optimism increased after having a kid and he is more opimistic now than he was in his early twenties. The lies breeders tell themselves.
January 13, 2023
There's no way to know at what age someone will be happiest. Some people are happier in their teens and twenties because they have better health and mobility. Some people are happier in middle age because they're more financially stable. Some are happier in their senior years because they can retire and do whatever they want. Some people are happy their entire lives because of good decisions and good luck, and other people are unhappy all their lives because of bad decisions and bad luck. Many people experience sporadic happiness and sadness interspersed within an average existence.

But if there is anything anyone with a brain cell can tell you, it's that children do not fix any problem a person has. They won't fix a broken/rocky marriage, they won't fix health problems, they won't fix depression, they won't fix midlife crises or feelings of emptiness, they won't make you feel loved, and they certainly will not help your finances.

I don't much like my life and pretty much never have. Some of it is due to my own crappy choices (like going to college and being deep in debt, and being fat), and some of it is stuff I had no control over (being raised by a narcissist). But I don't need to breed to tell you that none of those problems would be fixed with a child. If any of those people in the comments are actually telling the truth about their lives vastly improving with the spawning of children (probably 99% of them are full of shit), then that's what worked for them and that's great for them if they're being honest. But having a loaf will not make everyone's life magically delicious like a box of Lucky Charms and it's a baaaaad idea to act like having kids is a one-size-fits-all band-aid for all your life's owwies.
January 14, 2023
cfdavep
A lot of commenters on the youtube vid are going on about how they are so optimistic now that they have kids. They have to be since it is permanant, many deny climate change as they do not want to think about the world their kids and grandkids will be facing. One breeder insisted his optimism increased after having a kid and he is more opimistic now than he was in his early twenties. The lies breeders tell themselves.

I saw those comments. Lots of people saying having brats has brought them the greatest joy of their lives, and seriously--what aspect?

Because when I see parunts in their natural settings they always look miserable. And no one believes the person who claims to be happy but always looks miserable.

Some are saying happiness is overrated and responsibility/sense of purpose is what they live for and I'd bet they are parunts. They're likely resigned to their fate because there is no undo button and can live for cleaning up messes and being responsible.

comment from an obvious idiot breeder
Disobedience to God leads to eventually unhappiness, unfilled life , depression etc. The first command God gave man was to have children. Nothing else will ever compensate for that blessing. “ Children are an inheritance from the LORD. They are a reward from him.” Life is more than your selfish vain pursuits and living with a cat or dog or traveling and and living your best van or tiny house life now. Don’t end up that lonely cat lady or bitter old man living in a van down by the river.

Sky bully commands you to have brats, yet they are a reward and a blessing. Bit of a contradiction there sky bully, typically it isn't necessary to command someone to do something if it is reward/blessing, so maybe not so rewarding? Maybe more like paying taxes only worse?

This one didn't stop at the lonely cat lady though...she/he added in the bitter old man. Why would this man be bitter? It certainly isn't because his brats ignore him, still live with him or hit him up for cash...or that he spent money he should have saved for retirement on the bratty college fund.

If anyone is good at living by themselves it is the childfree, as they don't have a house full of brats, grand brats, etc. all the time. I know of a few people who can't stand to be alone and none are childfree.

Also, the pandemic has made lots of parunts act very bitter at being home with their brats. I've noticed most childfree people are functioning well during this time. A few I know are thriving and looking at it as a period of growth in their lives.
January 14, 2023
and I saw on my news pop up from alexa about a sinking village in the himalayas.. most of the residents are scrambling to exit as their houses literally crack and crumble around them.

I am finding it increasingly hard to be sorry or compassionate. one of these places that sprung up do to unregulated and over abundant growth.

I really don't want to see it crash because a lot of innocent creatures will be affected. Namely our pets... they are the ones I really think about for the most part

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 14, 2023
freya

comment from an obvious idiot breeder
Disobedience to God leads to eventually unhappiness, unfilled life , depression etc. The first command God gave man was to have children. Nothing else will ever compensate for that blessing. “ Children are an inheritance from the LORD. They are a reward from him.” Life is more than your selfish vain pursuits and living with a cat or dog or traveling and and living your best van or tiny house life now. Don’t end up that lonely cat lady or bitter old man living in a van down by the river.

Sky bully commands you to have brats, yet they are a reward and a blessing. Bit of a contradiction there sky bully, typically it isn't necessary to command someone to do something if it is reward/blessing, so maybe not so rewarding? Maybe more like paying taxes only worse?

This one didn't stop at the lonely cat lady though...she/he added in the bitter old man. Why would this man be bitter? It certainly isn't because his brats ignore him, still live with him or hit him up for cash...or that he spent money he should have saved for retirement on the bratty college fund.

I thought the first command God gave man was to stay the fuck away from that tree? And wasn’t childbirth Eve’s punishment for not staying away from the tree?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
January 14, 2023
Do people think that an appeal to follow the dictates of a deity a person doesn't believe in can have any effect whatsoever? If so, I invite them to support Huitzilopochtli in the war against darkness, fortifying the god with a steady stream of hearts. They can start with their own ritual sacrifice.
January 15, 2023

My life has only gotten better after the age of 30, especially after 35. I've experienced a huge increase in happiness/optimism when I started discarding toxic people from my life.

So true. Life isn't a bed of roses, but everyone should get away from their parents and make their own choices. Plus, once you live successfully on your own, you can ask yourself questions like, why should anyone else have a say in MY life when they are not paying MY bills? And all these people who are insisting I HAVE TO have kids can just fuck right off.

Some people barely break from their parents and they immediately enslave themselves to the brat lifestyle. I don't get it.

Plus, if the toxic people in your life happen to BE your parents or family, good luck getting away from them after brats.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login