Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"It's the school's fault my kid is a feral brat who shot his teacher"

Posted by toraneko 
https://nypost.com/2023/05/10/mom-of-boy-who-allegedly-shot-his-teacher-abby-zwerner-breaks-her-silence/

Mother of 6 year old school shooter is attempting a money grab by suing school for 40 million for "ignoring warning signs".

She claims he was a brat in class because the teacher didn't give him enough attention and that he had been advanced too quickly. And it goes without saying that he had "ADHD and behavioral issues".

Also, her excuse for being an absentee mother was "Her mental state was fragile and she was suffering from postpartum depression after a series of miscarriages and a weeklong hospitalization, she and the attorney said."
I could only read a few paragraphs. What a load of parental fail and infuriating, apologist drivel.

The poor woman who had the misfortune to be this brat's teacher is the one who deserves the sympathy. Her life is RUINED. A six year old who has access to a gun and brings a gun to class and shoots his teacher IN THE FACE "because she wasn't paying sufficient attention to him" in a classroom of 25+ kids), is a sociopath. End of story.

It was his Moo's responsibility to parent this brat and teach him how to be a civilized human and not to have guns lying around. She obviously failed.

Sounds as if it was Gawd's will that she miscarried. He saved teachers from more psycho brats.
Yeah but she shit this one out at 19 so I imagine she already has a litter. Her father had legal custody of the shooter.
Wasn't the victim also seeking 40 million bucks? How much fucking money do these people think the district has?

If anyone ignored warning signs, it was the Moo. She knew her kid was fucked in the head, but she left a firearm laying around where her disturbed brat could take it. That's not the school's fault, that's Moo's fault.

Moo
“I am, as a parent, obviously willing to take responsibility for him because he can’t take responsibility for himself,” Taylor told ABC News, adding that her son’s actions can be tied to his ADHD diagnosis.

Orly now? Is that why you're suing the school for "ignoring the warning signs" your fucked-up brat was displaying?

Moo
Taylor said her son “actually really liked” 25-year-old teacher Zwerner but that during the week of the Jan. 6 shooting, “he felt like he was being ignored.”

I'm pretty sure people don't shoot teachers they like. Moo sounds an awful lot like she's trying to justify the brat's crime while blaming the victim. "He's such a good boy! He wouldn't have shot you if you paid more attention to him!" Because as we all know, when a teacher has a room full of students, they are supposed to neglect them all to tend to the mainstreamed tards.

Seems the kid also broke the teacher's phone when she told him to sit his ass down, but Moo claimed he simply accidentally knocked it out of her hand while mid-tantrum. Also, according to the story, the man who has custody of the violent brat is the child's great-grandfather. So you know there's probably a few generations of breeding way too young in this famblee, and what the fuck kind of a fucked-up family is it when a judge feels the great-grandduh is the ideal placement for the child, as opposed to the mother, the father, an aunt, an uncle, a cousin or a grandfather?

Maybe the school can be blamed to some extent for not keeping the brat in the sped class where he clearly belongs, but the fact remains that if Moo didn't own a gun, the brat wouldn't have shot his teacher. SHE is to blame for having a deadly weapon in her possession when her child is such a violent piece of shit. If the great-grandfather has custody, why was the brat even in Moo's house unsupervised long enough to get his hands on the gun? If Moo is not the custodial parent/guardian, why did she have access to the child? If the Moo done fucked up enough to not have custody of her kid, why is she trying to get pregnant? Wouldn't any subsequent kids she has be taken away from her if she already lost one kid?

Is she also trying to claim that she has post-partum depression six years after her violent bastard was born and that's why she let her kid snatch her gun? Yeah that's not PPD, lady - that's just depression. Maybe quit getting pregnant if miscarrying all the fucking time gives you sad fee-fees. They're also trying to get the teacher's case dismissed by saying she only needs workers' compensation, making it sound like she's just being a drama queen. Yeah she's probably gonna need much more than workers comp - probably therapy to help her deal with the trauma she almost certainly is going to be dealing with, medication for anxiety and depression if she chooses to return to work. Between Moo and the teacher, the teacher is the one who deserves to sue for a fortune because she was the one who was actually hurt and could have easily been killed.
fucking mootard is grasping at straws.. this is just an attempt to mitigate the lawsuit the teacher brought. from early reports, mootard was the biggest obstacle. I think the school wanted to house him with the other violent autards but sow wouldn't hear of it. mainstream the fucker.

I sincerely hope she gets screwed over royally in court

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
crispy fried Moo sounds delicious.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
As expected, this cow is just making excuses. Breeders really are the kings and queens of excuses. But when the brat does something good, they want credit for that.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
I guess now we need "Little kids Juvenile Hall" places.
Looks like the teacher is resigning. I can't say I blame her. I wonder if she's going to try teaching elsewhere, or if this whole thing has ruined education for her entirely. Not to mention the fact that no school will likely hire her. Because she is seeking legal action against the district, other schools might see her as a liability. As in they figure she'll sue at the slightest inconvenience and may not be worth hiring, even if they are hurting badly for teachers.

The district's lawyer is trying to say she doesn't deserve a settlement and workers compensation is sufficient, but she is refusing to accept that and still wants $40M. Other news sources (and the teacher's attorney) say she was fired. Well which is it? Resignation and termination are different things. If the school fired her over this whole thing, I wonder if she could add wrongful termination to the lawsuit. I'm guessing the district fired her for making their lives inconvenient and for bringing so much negative attention to the school in the media, but they told people she resigned so it didn't sound like they fired her for seeking legitimate legal action against them.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2023-06-14/virginia-teacher-shot-6-year-old-student-resigned

The first-grade teacher who was shot by a 6-year-old student in Virginia has resigned from her position, school officials said Tuesday, more than two months after she sued the district for $40 million.

The last day of Abby Zwerner’s contract was Monday, Newport News Public Schools said in a statement. The district said that Zwerner notified human resources in March that she wouldn’t be returning next school year.

Zwerner, 25, was shot in the hand and chest as she sat at a reading table in her first-grade classroom Jan. 6. She spent nearly two weeks in the hospital, has endured multiple surgeries and told NBC News that she sometimes “can’t get up out of bed.”

Zwerner filed her lawsuit in early April, alleging that school officials ignored multiple warnings that the boy had a gun and was in a violent mood that day.

The school board has pushed back, asking a judge to dismiss the case and arguing that Zwerner should get workers’ compensation instead.

WAVY-TV first reported Tuesday that Zwerner no longer worked for the district. In an interview with the station, an attorney for Zwerner characterized her departure as a firing.
I heard an update about this story. The kid is now living with his great grandfather and is “thriving” and is in a different school. How about that? No special school, no juvie time, just move him on to another school for another teacher to deal with. Not to mention the other kids who get to have this violent psycho-brat in the same class as they are in.
bell_flower
I heard an update about this story. The kid is now living with his great grandfather and is “thriving” and is in a different school. How about that? No special school, no juvie time, just move him on to another school for another teacher to deal with. Not to mention the other kids who get to have this violent psycho-brat in the same class as they are in.

I see the name of the precious dumpling was never published to protect his dignity or some shit due to his age. I wonder if the school he's in now let him in because they are unaware of his violent tendencies and history of shooting teachers? If he's living with his great-grandfather, the great-grandfather is probably listed as his guardian, meaning the Moo's name (which has been published) won't be attached to him. So they may have no idea he's a violent bastard.

So what's going to happen when this brat was such a horrid shit that he needed a parent to accompany him to school each and every day? Sounds like he doesn't have that now. Give it time - maybe he won't shoot someone (hopefully great-Grandduh has the sense to not have guns in the house), but he'll definitely assault them one way or another.

Give it time - maybe he won't shoot someone (hopefully great-Grandduh has the sense to not have guns in the house), but he'll definitely assault them one way or another.

Another unforeseen reason to be glad I didn't have kids is that I do not have to deal with other brats whose parents are not raising them right, and the ineffective schools who won't take action on these brats. And teachers aren't supported and cannot do anything about them either. And think about this for a minute: This brat brought a gun into school and shot a teacher in the face, and he's still not expelled.

Not long ago my local news station ran a story about the Skool Board in my city. They are reversing 99% of all the expulsions in the district. (Frankly surprised it's not 100%.)

So these brats just cycle back into the school and they are free to harm teachers or other students. As far as I can tell, the only time they take action on these brats is when the brats hurt other students and the parents hire lawyers.

I am a product of the public school system. No way I would send any theoretical kids I had to public schools. They are not safe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login