Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Interesting Excerpt from Andromeda Evolution

Posted by twocents 
Interesting Excerpt from Andromeda Evolution
June 01, 2023
Yep, it's the sequel to 'the andromeda strain'..

“The average span of a human generation is twenty-five years. Any reward occurring beyond this generational horizon creates an imbalance that undermines long-term cooperation. In short, we as a species are motivated to betray our own descendants. In my view, the only possible solution is the institution of harsh and immediate punishments for those who would be unfaithful to the future.”

[Furthermore….]

It has been subsequently theorized that our species’ seeming inability to focus on long-term existential threats will inexorably lead to the destruction of our environment, overpopulation, and resource exhaustion. It is therefore not an uncommon belief among economists that this inborn deficit represents a sort of built-in timer for the self-destruction of human civilization.

Sadly, all the evidence of world history supports this theory.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Re: Interesting Excerpt from Andromeda Evolution
June 05, 2023
Our extinction is the best thing.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Re: Interesting Excerpt from Andromeda Evolution
June 09, 2023
crazy, this is one thing I really don't want. as bad as we are, some of us try and do right by our pets who would suffer greatly if we passed from the scene.. for all those who are abusive, there are more who will stop and pick up the dying kitten or puppy and try and help. and are there for the little soul if it passes or ends up with a devoted pet.

all that is beautiful we have achieved would pass. along with the absurd stuff we do.. so extinction is a mixed bag. the truly sad aspect is it doesn't have to be.

so I mourn what would be lost. Aside from Jesus returning and remaking the world.. (I know, don't say it) or some plague that wipes a lot out.. but if wwe can leave civilization intact... maybe there's a chance. but I don't want to see us die out

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login