Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why Abusive People Have Children...

Posted by twocents 
Why Abusive People Have Children...
June 09, 2023
Finally, SOMEONE actually looking into this link. And a somewhat rugsweeping friend actually got me to rethinking my own relationship with bitchmouth.. and while I thought she was only midscale at narcissism, in the long term I now think she was far worse. I also think the only reason I wasn't physically abused is she was too scared and thought she would be found out.

And ironically, the incident where she hit me so hard I fell onto the floor and onto a red hot furnace grate demonstrated this. I was about 6 at the time. The doc asked me how I got hurt and I said 'mommy hit me'.. Granted, I waas being disobedient, but I was waving bye bye to her bf at the time.. but she had an explosive temper, as do I, and she always let it control her. I don't recall much after this but I think bitchmouth talked her way out of it, as abusive bints like her do After this, bitchmouth lectured me for half an hour that 'they would take mommy away if I said anything'.. which is typical abuser bullshit. But I think it served to make the cunt less likely to hit.

https://medium.com/@empathicwarrior/the-connection-between-narcissism-and-sadism-unveiling-the-two-psychological-traits-c698d3376862

Researchers have been delving deeper into the complex world of personality disorders and their interconnectedness in recent years.

Two such personality traits that have garnered significant attention are narcissism and sadism.

In this article, we will explore the groundbreaking discovery of two psychological traits that form the bridge between narcissism and sadism, providing a better understanding of the motivations and behaviors of individuals exhibiting these traits.

Narcissism and Sadism: A Brief Overview

Narcissism
Narcissism is characterized by an inflated sense of self-importance, an excessive need for admiration, and a lack of empathy for others. It is a trait commonly found in individuals with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD). Narcissistic individuals often seek validation and admiration from their environment, and their behaviors can be manipulative and exploitative.

Sadism
Sadism, on the other hand, is the tendency to derive pleasure from inflicting pain or suffering on others. It can manifest in various forms, such as physical or emotional abuse. Sadistic individuals often exhibit a lack of empathy, similar to narcissists, and may use their power to control and harm others.

The Two Psychological Traits Connecting Narcissism and Sadism

The study in question has identified two specific psychological traits that link narcissism and sadism:

Callousness: The tendency to be emotionally cold and uncaring towards others.
Aggression: The inclination to display hostile or combative behavior, either physically or verbally.
Callousness: A Shared Lack of Empathy
Both narcissistic and sadistic individuals exhibit a marked lack of empathy, making it difficult for them to understand or care about the feelings and needs of others. This callousness allows them to exploit, manipulate, and harm others without experiencing guilt or remorse.

The Role of Callousness in Narcissism
In narcissistic individuals, callousness often manifests as an inability to form deep, meaningful relationships with others. They may use others for personal gain or validation, discarding them when they no longer serve a purpose. Narcissists may also display a sense of entitlement and a lack of empathy for the needs and feelings of others.

The Role of Callousness in Sadism
For sadistic individuals, callousness enables them to inflict pain and suffering without experiencing any negative emotions. They may view others as mere objects, existing solely for amusement or gratification. This lack of empathy is a crucial factor in the enjoyment of causing harm.

Aggression: The Drive for Power and Control
Both narcissists and sadists demonstrate aggressive tendencies driven by a need for power and control over others. This aggression can take many forms, including verbal, physical, or psychological abuse.

The Role of Aggression in Narcissism
Narcissistic individuals may employ aggression to assert their dominance and maintain control in relationships. They may belittle, criticize, or manipulate others to maintain a sense of superiority and importance. This behavior helps to fulfill their need for validation and admiration from their environment.

The Role of Aggression in Sadism
Sadistic individuals, meanwhile, use aggression as a tool to inflict pain and suffering on their victims. This behavior reinforces their sense of power and control, providing them with pleasure and gratification. Sadists may engage in various forms of aggressive behavior, from physical violence to emotional and psychological abuse.

Understanding the Connection Between Narcissism and Sadism

The discovery of these two psychological traits — callousness and aggression — has provided valuable insights into the connection between narcissism and sadism.

By recognizing the shared characteristics of these personality traits, researchers can better understand the motivations and behaviors of individuals exhibiting narcissistic and sadistic tendencies.

This increased understanding can potentially lead to more effective treatment approaches and interventions for those affected by these personality traits.

Implications for Treatment and Intervention
Recognizing the connection between narcissism and sadism through the shared traits of callousness and aggression can be beneficial in the development of targeted treatment strategies. By addressing the underlying factors contributing to these behaviors, mental health professionals may be able to develop more effective therapeutic interventions.

Addressing Callousness in Therapy
In order to mitigate the negative impact of callousness, therapists may focus on cultivating empathy and emotional awareness in their clients. Techniques such as perspective-taking, active listening, and empathy-building exercises can help individuals develop a greater understanding of the feelings and experiences of others.

Managing Aggression in Treatment
Managing aggression may involve teaching clients healthy coping mechanisms and alternative ways to express their emotions. This could include techniques such as assertiveness training, anger management, and relaxation strategies to help individuals gain control over their aggressive impulses. (side note: narcissists are almost never able to be helped, they don't want any, they don't 'need' any help, they are smarter than everyone else, more educated, blah blah blah.. twocentsworth)

The Importance of Continued Research
The discovery of the connection between narcissism and sadism, as well as the identification of the psychological traits of callousness and aggression, is a significant step forward in understanding these complex personality traits.

Continued research in this field is essential for enhancing our understanding of the factors that contribute to these behaviors and for developing effective interventions to help those affected by narcissism and sadism.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login