Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It gets worse

Posted by Mandy 
Mandy
It gets worse
August 05, 2005
The story about the cancer mom gets worse. Not all articles are mentioning the dark cloud over this "miracle". The baby has about a 25% chance of developing the same cancer that killed its mother. This type of Melanoma can lay dormant for years. So much for the gift of life huh? Spare me! Apparently the mother knew she had cancer since she was 17, so it's not like they didn't know the possible harm to their baby. Sickening!

Here's an article that doesn't glorify this selfishly disgusting incident.
http://cbs5.com/health/local_story_215193609.html
CF Scorpio
Re: It gets worse
August 05, 2005
Ugh! That whole news story just makes me want to puke. Grown women are now reduced to incubators whose lives have no value beyond the sprog.
Re: It gets worse
August 05, 2005
Aside from the disturbing implications of keeping the woman alive, I think it's a travesty that all the $ was spent to keep the fetus alive when so many people are lacking in basic health care. It's not as if there is a shortage of people. While it may be sad that the mother died at such a young age--THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE DIE.

Thanks to whomever posted the link. I live in the Breederific state where this event all took place. NOWHERE were this child's REAL CHANCES of survival reported.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.