Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Angela (post 418)

Posted by Ursula 
Ursula
Angela (post 418)
August 13, 2005
In my own not-so-humble opinion, there are two things wrong with Angela's situation and rant:

1) Any childfree woman who knowingly dates a man who is also a father has no excuses to complain. I mean, you know he has a kid and you are dating him anyways? Where's your brain?

2) I hate to go all Dr. Laura on you, but your boyfriend is doing exactly the right thing by putting his son ahead of you. The son is his responsibility; you, on the other hand, are a mere girlfriend, a dime a dozen. He's being a good dad by putting his kid first. If we were to read a newspaper article about a single duhd who's neglecting his kid in favor of hanging out with his latest girlfriend-du-jour, a lot of us would be (rightly) criticizing his ass and making sarcastic comments about how "being a parent makes you a better person - not!"

Angela, you need to do yourself a favor and find a CF (or at the very least, non-childed) boyfriend. And your current boyfriend needs to do himself and his son a favor and stop dating women while he's still raising his son (or at the very least stop dating CF women). What you've got yourself right now, my dear, is a recipe for disaster. Nothing good can come of your current situation.

Ursula.

Anonymous User
Re: Angela (post 418)
August 13, 2005
You listen to Dr Laura? Despite some of the negative comments about her on this board, a loot of the opinions here jive with her.. Mainly if you read between the lines...
"Parenthood by Proxy"... "If you have kids, raise them yourselves"
Laura hatter...
August 14, 2005
Yeah, hitler probably had ideas that were compatable with his enemies too, but that doesn't make him any less of a lunatic.

DR. Laura has sided herself with DR. Dobson also. Skeery skeery woman. Even scarier that someone who is supposedly CF would give an ounce of praise to her.
Feh
August 15, 2005
I think "going Dr. Laura" doesn't mean a person is actually advocating for ALL of the positions she takes, or approves of the company she keeps. However, like most of us, Dr. Laura does advocate for personal responsibility, and people being PARENTS and taking care of their kids, instead of BREEDERS and letting the little monsters run wild. Just because a person knows that about her, doesn't mean that they're listening to her show constantly or agreeing with every thing she says.

Anyway, if you're childfree, and you're dating the childed, you really shouldn't expect to A: be more important than the child, or B:like the child. It's very simple, break up with Dad and go get your nookie with someone who isn't a Dad.
Anonymous User
August 15, 2005
Yes, and make sure it isn't someone who is going to deliberately poke a hole in a condom either..
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.