Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rant #442

Posted by Lurking Breeder 
Lurking Breeder
Rant #442
August 13, 2005
I can't answer your question. We always pick up and leave when the baby starts squalling. I've heard tell of a restaurant somewhere in Arizona that actually has a sign up that says something to the affect of "We welcome families, but if the natives get restless, we'd be happy to pack up your meal to go."

I think this is a good idea, and one that wouldn't offend me in the least (but I probably don't speak for the majority). We ALL have to respect each other. It's not respectful to linger through and entire meal while your tot screams bloody murder and frays nerves and pierces eardrums. Just like it's not respectful for an adult to plop down near you in a restaurant and hawk up loogies or fart loudly and stinkily.
anoon
Re: Rant #442
August 14, 2005
***We welcome families, but if the natives get restless, we'd be happy to pack up your meal to go." ****

That is a great idea. The problem is, it is an offering instead of a demand. Breeders would ignore it, and parents don't really need to be told what is the appropriate thing to do, they already know.

I would like a sign that said something to the effect of rude loud obnoxious behaviour will not be tolerated inside the restaurant, regardless of age.
Lurking Breeder
August 14, 2005
I think the sign in that restaurant is an attempt to walk the line between completely alienating families while letting people know that unruly behavior will be treated w/contempt. However, the result would probably be that a minority of sensitive parents would be offended by it and refuse to patronize the place, and the REAL offenders would either ASSume that it didn't apply to their offspring, or are illiterate and wouldn't be able to read it anyway. I'm sure it's not completely effective, but I appreciate the gesture.

I like anoon's idea, but REAL offenders that I mention above would probably ASSume that it only applied to drunk and/or unruly adults. It couldn't POSSIBLY apply to THEIR chIIILLLD.
Feh
August 15, 2005
Yes, the fambily and their horrible children may have ruined the atmosphere of your meal, however, it seems as though the management did ask them to leave, and should be commended for having enough of a spine to risk the wrath of Parunts. Write the management a letter to let them know how much you appreciate their desire to maintain an ADULT atmosphere, maybe suggest signage they could use to help clarify things for Parunts (and back up the management when they must ask breeders and their spawn to leave), and recommend the place to your childfree friends.

Until I perfect that mind control device, I'm afraid breeders will continue to show up anywhere they please and ruin things for the rest of us until they're asked to leave.

Earthlover
August 16, 2005
"Until I perfect that mind control device, I'm afraid breeders will continue to show up anywhere they please and ruin things for the rest of us until they're asked to leave."

...you mean like on this board??? smiling smiley
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.