Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders on our Board

Posted by Earthlover 
Earthlover
Breeders on our Board
August 15, 2005
What the fuck is up with all the breeders on our board lately???
See posts 'slut-clothes' 'rant #442' 'response'

"annonymous breeder" "as a parent"
"tammy" "Karyn" "lurking breeder"

What the hell? Somewhere there is a link to us on a moo board.

What I don't get is why do they like to lurk here?
I have my own views on this subject. I'd like to hear yours.
anoon
Re: Breeders on our Board
August 15, 2005
I don't mind them lurking. They might learn something and many agree with a lot of the CF viewpoints.

I do agree though that the posting should be done else where. Either take it back to a mommy board and challenge true parents to confront breeders, or if you want to discuss any of the rants here, make a post at Tanglewood. http://p221.ezboard.com/btanglewood30694
GuiltFree
August 15, 2005
Even though, by posting, they may be disrespecting our CF sanctuary here, I'm actually kind of fascinated with some of their posts. It suggests that they have enough open-mindedness to weigh in (in agreement) on some of our rants, which is good. It shows that at least some of them are not on the automatic offensive just because all-things-breederific are being questioned by us. (Now if they're posting with the intention of flaming us, then that's a totally inappropriate thing to do on a CF board, and I resent it, as well...) The other reason I sort of dig some of their posts is that it suggests to me that some of them may actually be would-be CFs who, somehow or other, ended up breeding, and now regret it (consciously or not), such that they're now trying to live vicariously through us. It kind of reinforces my own smugness about being CF (not that it really needed reinforcement!) Finally, I appreciate it because it proves that there are actually breeders who lurk on our site, so when we feel like making an anti-breeder statement/rant that we hope ends up being more than just preaching to the choir, we can rest assured that we do, indeed, have an audience beyond the minute CF sector of society. In my humble, and relatively insignificant, opinion (since I'm not the webmistress), they can post away! Obviously, Space Cowgirl deserves the final say. Thank you, again, Space Cowgirl for this awesome site!

By the way, I just re-read the rules. One that applies to this situation is as follows:

"Q I'm a parent. May I post here?
A Yes and no. Because there are so few childfree sites, I want to make sure that this is another place for support and discussion for the childfree. If you're going to bingo us, troll/flame, or tell us what a good parent you are, no you may not. If you do post here, try not to mention your parental status unless it is absolutely essential to your post/comment."
Anonymous User
August 16, 2005
Sorry about all the trolls, guys. I don't have access to the Internet at work, so I'm always getting behind. I got a few emails and pms about the trolls, so I'm trying to keep them away. Thanks for the emails by the way, it makes it a lot easier to keep up.

Like GuiltFree pointed out, I don't really care who posts here as long as they are respectful of our CHILDFREE space. As has been pointed out many, MANY times, there are about 15 CF sites and 15 gazillion parenting sites, so the breeder trolls need to stop being greedy and let us have our little corner.

Anyway, I'm so happy to see more people posting! Welcome and enjoy!
mercurior1
August 16, 2005
if you want you can send the trolls to my board.. i'll have a go at them.. i enjoy their petty little minds. you know my address
karyn
August 16, 2005
I suppose I am the person who made everyone get defensive when I commented yesterday. I am not a troll, and I found this site when someone from here was lurking on a prenting site and got caught out, if you will.

The only point I was trying to make yesterday was that I agreed with the CFers post and had the same opinion. I was attacked because I used the words 'as a parent' in my post, not realizing that semantics were more important than the point I was making, which is that I had the same opinion (and I have the same opinion as many CFers about many of the topics they raise.) The reason I attacked back and was subsequently flamed and 'outed' if you will (although I was not trying to hide and do not make it a habit of invading people's personal space just for the hell of it), was because I was annoyed that other people couldn't see past the fact that I am a parent to the point that I was trying to make.

Truly, I was expecting the other comments to be along the lines of the original post and my comment, as in 'people need to pay attention to what they are letting their kids wear as it is often age-inappropriate' as opposed to having everyone attack my choice of words.
karyn
August 16, 2005
sorry, that should be a 'parenting' site.
Earthlover
August 16, 2005
"I am not a troll" says Karyn.

Oh ya? Please reread your post on slutclothes where you bitched out one of my fellow CFrs for asking you a question.

Trolling...trolling...trolling...*sung to the tune of Raw Hide*

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.