Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Emergency Room Hell and the Moo with Balls

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Emergency Room Hell and the Moo with Balls
August 17, 2005
Ok-yesterday was hell.. Like an idiot, I dropped a 14 in, heavy pressed glass plate on my big toe, edge side down, and thought I broke the damn thing! I freak out, called my Mom at work, and she took me to the emergency room bc that's where my Dr. told me to go.. (it was bleeding viciously and hurt)

Oh, fucking Yay! I got in at 3:30 pm... About an hour after I got there, here comes two paramedics, both holding car seats with brats in them.. Then, here comes Moo.. Moo was just in a car accident.. Guess who go to get checked out by the Dr. first? Moo did and Dad sat out in the waiting room with the vermin.. The little girl was about a year old, doppickly running around me, everytime she got near, I put my foot up on the couch I was sitting on.. then she started squawking.. I looked at my Mom.. I was like "Why don't you crack her across the face like ya did me when I acted like an ass?" She just rolled her eyes.. I love my Mom and I am so happy she doesn't want grandkids!

Three and a half hours later, we left without being seen.. I had had enough of people coming in with fucking kids that were being expedited to the front of the line while I sat there, toe throbbing in pain and bleeding..

Mom and I decide to go to eat.. We picked a place that was rugbastard friendly, which was cool with me.. They have a skill crane (one of those .50 cent machines that ya try to win a toy in with that claw thinger) and I have to play it everytime we go.. Well, I had just lost a real care bear and was looking for another toy while digging in my pocket for more quarters.. From behind, I hear this voice firmly state "Excuse Me!" I turn around, and this motherfucking arrogant picece of shit MooTard practically pushes me out of the way. (mind you, I'm 5'10'', my Mother is 6'2" and standing next to me) and throws her quarters in.. The freakin' claw hadn't even made it back to it's original position from my turn! I was shocked.. She had at the least two brats with her.. On my way out the door, i looked over my shoulder, and noticed that she didnt win anything either.. I silently gloated.. (Had I been with friends, I would have went over, did a victory dance, and would have called her an ass)

I was just completely shocked that she didnt have the patience to just let me pout for 5 seconds over the loss of my toy!

(Yes, I'm a 27 year old female who pouts when I lose toys...)
if u were in the uk the waiting time of A&E accident and emergency for NON urgent cases like yours would be about.. 10 hours.. yes you heard right, 10 hours.. so i am not surprised at all
I'm 29 and collect toys (: Never too old for summat that makes you happy.
Anonymous User
Re: Emergency Room Hell and the Moo with Balls
August 18, 2005
I'm not surprised, either. I used to work at a hospital and people bring their children in for the stupidest of reasons. Junior sniffled, Juniorette pointed at her ears, another kid tripped and has a tiny bump on his head.... Ug, it was ridiculous.

My parents raised us to realize that doctors are busy people, and you don't waste their time over stupid shit. Too bad parents today are too stupid and inconsiderate to figure that shit out!

Hope your foot is doing better today!!
many atime when i was young after falling and shredding my knees, (thats the reason why my knees are bald.. wink.. so much scar tissue that no hair grows there.. i never went to hospital, a few times it was worse, like when i tore the ligaments in my leg, i had a grand mal seizure, mostly if i have/had a small accident, i usually bandage it up myself.. they dont as pheona said, they dont need me wasting their time..

but we cant have a poor ickle kiddy all sicky wicky, can we.. what about all these older people who get put in corridors and some of them die there..
Anonymous User
August 18, 2005
I kinda feel bad now, knowing that my toe was not broke and that I didnt need stitches.. When I finally did see a Dr, he said that it was a good idea to come to the ER just in case.. If I hadn't been bleeding, I would have never went.. But there was sooo much blood, I was scared. And, thanks to some Darvocet, my toe feels a lot better smiling smiley
Glad your toe is okay and that you're feeling better, Brandy.

Ummm..Darvocet....aaaaaahhhhh....slobber *LOL*

Off topic, but here are four words for some really good pain control - 800 mg ibuprofen tabs. grinning smiley
The wait may be 10 hours in the UK, but you probably won't end up with a $5,000 bill for it.
nope, national health service, however you can go private for that amount, and be treated like royalty.

britain and canada have the best overall healthcare in the world, america has specific,
In the US, you can pay that amount AND be treated like crap. Go to any hospital and check out the differences between the children's and adult wards...it will indeed blow your freakin' mind. Because of course, sick children deserve a nice, well decorated, well staffed and quiet ward, whereas sick adults can just suck it up and deal with the shit green wals, windows that overlook the parking lot, moans of their ward mates and waiting for treatment and medications because the ward is understaffed and over worked.

You aren't kidding, Feh. It's a bunch of shit. Also notice how when people donate to a hospital, it's usually for the CHYLDRUUUNS' ward? It makes me sick.
Anonymous User
August 23, 2005
Here, in the US, we can get emergency medical care, which is nice, but then, when it comes time to pay, if you can't afford it, it gets given to a collection agency in an attempt to ruin your credit. And you have to go to Emergency Rooms, because if your family Dr knows you can't pay, and you don't have insurance, I guess he/she can deny you care.. One of my Drs has a sign on the wall that says they will charge you $10 for everyday that you don't pay your bill.. Isn't that messed up?

Only in America.. It isn't what it's all cracked up to be..
there used to be the hippocratic oath, the first rule is to do no harm, but now that rule has been superceded by give me money first,
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.