Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tips for Parents RE:Locked in Hot Car Syndrome

Posted by kidlesskim 
Anonymous User
Re: Tips for Parents RE:Locked in Hot Car Syndrome
September 13, 2010
CF_Amy

Please tell me moo was arrested for neglect.

Yep, she's sitting in the pokey with a $250,000 bail amount. There's plenty of news footage if anyone is interested
http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/102373509.html?storySection=comments

Everyone interviewed basically says "How do you forget the baby?"
September 13, 2010
lyra_mojo
CF_Amy

Please tell me moo was arrested for neglect.

Yep, she's sitting in the pokey with a $250,000 bail amount. There's plenty of news footage if anyone is interested
http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/102373509.html?storySection=comments

Everyone interviewed basically says "How do you forget the baby?"

That's good she was arrested. I too, do not understand how in the hell you can forget your child. shrug

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
September 13, 2010
"I keep setting fire to my newborn on the stove. All I do is boil water for tea and I accidentally leave her on the other burner. I can't keep an eye on her all day - sometimes I have to use the bathroom. I'm only human. How dare you judge me."
September 13, 2010
Troll
This is the saddest thread I've ever seen.

Are you sure? THE saddest one you've EVER seen? Tell me, how long have you been on the internet, ten whole seconds? There's a whole twisted world out there to discover and we're just the tip of the iceberg. Get to a search engine and begin the fun. Enjoy!

Troll
Keep ranting and raving...i'm sure it will get a lot accomplished.

It will accomplish about as much as your ranting and raving will get accomplished on this site. Actually, you'll end up accomplishing more than we will simply because if you keep coming back and posting we'll start having a jolly good time mocking you. Good show, keep it up.

Troll
This is a CRITICAL issue that is largely misunderstood by the general public.

Nah, we haven't quite yet reached critical mass just yet because at the very least the mommies are remembering to grab their overpriced Fendi bags out of the back seat. Do you know how expensive those things are?

Troll
I feel compelled to comment because, like many others, I was also of the “how do you forget a baby in a car?” mindset

No, you felt compelled to comment because this site turned up first when you did a search for: "stupid parents hot car li'l sizzler sizzla dead kid death car pictures kid hot car fry in hot car video CF forum sizzle car". You're a sick person, Amber. Oh, and you also felt compelled to waste your time scolding us for daring to have opinions that are different from yours. Way to be a crusader!

Troll
As society puts so much pressure on parents to do this, do that, do everything, I think we MUST require a regulation on the auto industry to protect children.

You're so right, Amber. It's always someone or something else's fault, never the fault of the parents, isn't that right? Hell, why stop at the auto industry? I'm going to contact NASA and see what I can do about regulating the sun, since it's really the one to blame in this entire sordid affair. Not only is it roasting kids in cars left there by their "loving" parents, I hear tell general overexposure causes sunburn and skin cancer and I'd hate to have to think for myself and take the initiative to protect myself or my loved ones, especially a kid whose life and well-being I was responsible for. You've really inspired me. I'm also looking forward to my future mode of transportation costing me several thousand dollars more once it comes standard-equipped with flashing lights and a built-in Barney the dinosaur song that automatically plays if someone leaves a kid inside: "I love you, you love me, your kid's about to become a roast turk-ey". These new-and-improved cars will cost a pretty penny, but I'd be more than happy to part with more of my money if the world's adorable moppets will be saved from their parents' stupidity. eye rolling smiley

Troll
Please take the time to examine this issue with an open mind.

Allow me to translate this for the other denizens of this fine forum so they'll all be clear on what you mean by 'an open mind': "Please take time to examine this issue with a mindset that more closely resembles my own. Thank you."

Troll
If everyone who does this could redirect their efforts spent on condemning parents toward prevention and solutions to the problem, just imagine what could be done.

If everyone who genuinely cared about this issue could redirect their efforts spent on condemning people on forums who condemn parents toward prevention and solutions to the problem, just imagine what could be done.

"The secret of dealing successfully with a child is not to be its parent." -- Mel Lazarus
"Women who miscalculate are called mothers." -- Abigail Van Buren
"Better to be deprived of food for three days, than tea for one." -- Chinese proverb
September 13, 2010
Shit, Ghost of Anna Marie necromancy! waving hellolarious
September 13, 2010
Miss_Hannigan

No iPod bashing! We're civilized folks here! winking smiley

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
September 13, 2010
Miss_Hannigan

waving hellolarious

"Lissen u guyz fuk u anna onlee dyed becuz she wuz locked in a hot train and leff in thar 4 hourz and hourz! Fukkin hot trainz R hard 2 avoid!!!!111 lolwat i mess up i mixed up 2 things omg lol lmao".

Yay! I got a visit from the Strike Fairy in my last post! :beer Those are some sexy lines.

"The secret of dealing successfully with a child is not to be its parent." -- Mel Lazarus
"Better to be deprived of food for three days, than tea for one." -- Chinese proverb
September 13, 2010
You know, I had to cross tracks yesterday and all I could think of was Anna's poor iPod.
September 13, 2010
Miss_Hannigan
You know, I had to cross tracks yesterday and all I could think of was Anna's poor iPod.

I know, that poor thing. It probably had songs on it. Possibly even one or two that weren't performed by Justin Bieber. What a tragedy! Won't someone THINK of the iPods?!

September 13, 2010
RatsNotBrats
Miss_Hannigan

I know, that poor thing. It probably had songs on it. Possibly even one or two that weren't performed by Justin Bieber. What a tragedy! Won't someone THINK of the iPods?!

September 13, 2010
Re: prosecution, the Washington Post did a story on this back in 2009. The parents are rarely prosecuted, jail time is rarer. One sick bitch actually had another baby to fill the void left behind!!! Shit, if I were a parent and this somehow accidentally happened, I'd probably kill myself just to get away from the guilt and grief of knowing I'd caused that kind of suffering for an innocent, defenseless human being. How are they able to line up lawyers, prepare defenses and go on to have more kids if they're that grief stricken? Another article re: prosecuting & sentencing disparities.

And more on the Kelly family parenting:
Kids went missing without parents noticing several times before.

Duggar Style, they put the responsibility for the younger of the 13 kids on the older ones. He also didn't want to use birth control even though his wife wanted to after being stressed about the family size.
September 15, 2010
Well, I myself am very absentminded. I'm always doing stupid things like leaving my cell phone in my car, or forgetting to put the mayo back in the 'fridge. However, because I know this about myself, I never had kids! (that, and I need my SLEEP, dammit!) About twenty years ago, I did a few stints as a summer babysitter for my sister's two little boys (toddlers - 14 months apart) and I took them somewhere in the car almost every day. Looking back, I can't imagine ever "forgetting" them, even when they fell asleep! If it takes a visual to remind these idiots that they gave birth, then sobeit, if it works.
September 15, 2010
RatsNotBrats

Nah, we haven't quite yet reached critical mass just yet because at the very least the mommies are remembering to grab their overpriced Fendi bags out of the back seat. Do you know how expensive those things are?

Rats, in fairness a Fendi is more likely to be stolen than a squalling, sweaty, already shit itself baby.waving hellolarious

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
September 15, 2010
http://www.momlogic.com/2010/08/daycare_leaves_child_to_die_in.php

Here's what a "mom logic" article had to say about the 2 y/o who died after having been forgotten in a daycare van last month:

".........Apparently, the daycare-center employees had failed to accurately account for all of the children who boarded the van during the morning pickups. It's still not known whether any charges will be filed in connection with the death.

We know how to keep from inadvertently forgetting our own children in hot cars, but what do you do when your child isn't in your control? Momlogic spoke with Janette E. Fennell, founder and president of KidsAndCars.org, for answers.

"What's so very sad about the story is, the daycare is supposed to have rules, policies and procedures when transporting children," says Fennell. "Two or three people didn't do their jobs."

Oh, They DO know how to keep from forgetting their own children in hot cars? Not really, considering at least half of these have been the parents who "forgot". Why are filing charges rarely mentioned when a parent does it? I am more forgiving of a daycare worker who "forgets" than a parent because they have so many kyds to look after and the kyd isn't their kyd. There's no excuse for anyone to "forget" a child, but I think it's worse when an able bodied parent forgets. As for elderly grandparents forgetting or taking naps, having Alzeimers, etc.....and the child wandering off and getting locked up in a car, THAT'S the parents' faults too for failing to leave their kyd with someone who is able to watch them properly.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
September 15, 2010
What fucking hypocrisy. Because it's a daycare worker, they want charges, but if it had been the parents, they've "suffered enough" Bull mother fucking shit. Let's at least have a consistent standard here, either anyone who's responsible for this kind of death has "suffered enough" or anyone who's responsible for this kind of death is charged, prosecuted and sentenced to the fullest extent of the law.
September 17, 2010
They had this woman on the news and gave a bit of background, not that this absolves the daycare of negligence or minimizes the tragedy of what that kyd suffered. However, she is an unemployed maid, has 5 young kyds total, lives with the baybee daddy of presumably all five (to continue to get welfare maybe?) and had 2 other pre-school aged kyds at the daycare on that same day as well. Her reason for keeping the kyds in the daycare, since she was unemployed, was "in case a job came open". I am just wondering how long that she left them in government subsidized daycare, "in case a job came available"? Why does an unemployed moo have THREE preschool aged kyds enrolled in a daycare? Would this not keep much needed spaces filled for working moms? I have never heard of government subsidized daycares knowingly accepting or continuing to allow kyds of unemployed and not enrolled in school moos to utilize their services.confused smiley Just curious.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Anonymous User
September 18, 2010
Personally, I believe when we start throwing ALL of these selective memory lapse fuckers in jail instead of sympathizing for their "loss". I agree these aren't accidents but convenient deaths
September 18, 2010
kidlesskim
Zzelda
I have some good 'tips' that I think could be put in Lil Sizzler awareness campaigns:

"Ladies - use your natural multi tasking abilities and let the slapping of your mighty meat flaps be like wind chimes to remind you of the baby".

"Men - when you're 'rearranging' your shrunken grapes - let that remind you to check the yard apes!"

waving hellolarious We're on a roll tonight!!!!!! Seriously, HOW can they forget baybee when they can't even WALK without reminders whether it's Golashes-Gina or one of the other ones who seems to need a jock strap to contain her butchered and hanging"meat""?

I'M DYING OVER HERE!! waving hellolarious hysterical laughterz spewing water due to laughing bouncing and laughing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
September 19, 2010
Ihatekids
Actually it takes like 15 minutes for a locked car's temperature to reach fatal on an 80 degree day, and about 30 minutes for a small child to die in those conditions. Their little bodies don't handle it as well as adults.

IMHO if 'parents' who did this just got prosecuted we'd see a dramatic fall in the cases of 'kid left to fry' syndrome. They'd find something to replace it pretty quickly I'm sure though.

Yep. Never undermestimate a resourceful breeder.
February 22, 2020
Yeah, I'm about to engage in some serious thread necromancy. I was looking for a relevant post to link my current topic to and while this one is old, I selected it because it is related, and it has a bonus troll roast* and some great Hannigan one--liners that deserve a re-reading.

*Seriously, how stupid IS this troll in this thread? Someone posted an article about a Moo who consciously left her kid in the car while she "visited a friend" for two hours, then dragged the kid around on errands, failing to notice her kid was on the verge of organ failure. Stupid troll comes to this page to post several EARNEST walls-o-text proclaiming that car manufacturers must address this issue. The Moo in question didn't even say she "forgot" her kid--she thought leaving her kid in a car for two hours was perfectly acceptable parenting. All the safety features in the world won't cure stupidity like this. Birth control in the water would.

Anyway, the related topic is this: Is it any surprise that the bitch who was the subject of the Pulitzer Prize winning WP article entitled "Fatal Distraction," who got off thanks to the best justice money can buy, appears to be a rabid forced birther?

I cannot fathom this logic: According to assholes like this, women who remove a clump of cells from their bodies and the doctors who perform the procedure deserve to be prosecuted, but a parunt who "forgets" a living, breathing child in a hot car and slow roasts the child to death gets a pass due to a "syndrome?"

It just goes to show most forced birther types don't give a shit what happens to all these clumps they insist have a right to be born. thinks someone else is crazy

ETA: And about this thread? 19,000+ hits? Troll must have pointed all its Moo friends to come take a look.
February 22, 2020
Thanks for necromancing! I remember some of the epic troll roasts from the past, and they were pretty damned awesome! grinning smiley Definitely shows who are the higher thinkers around here.

Forced-birthers are so full of shit their eyes are brown, although I know I'm preaching to the choir here. Leaving a child in a car willfully is a FAR worse thing to do than evicting a clump of cells from your uterus. I don't know how any human being can do this, especially knowing that the pain and suffering of that child would be horrendous and will possibly lead to their death.

Hoovering a pile of unwanted cells from your body is NOT the same thing. It doesn't even feel pain. It's not conscious or sentient, no matter how much moos think they are.

Even the Bible itself states that Adam didn't become man until God breathed life into him. I don't want to get biblical or anything like that, but these forced-birthers cherry pick the Bible, where there are several references to fetuses NOT being the same thing as a kid who has been born. They choose to ignore those parts of the Bible in favor of their own agenda. (Evangelicals and Catholics, I'm talking to YOU).
February 24, 2020
talk about a decade old sleeper...

and lil sizzler/todsicle never ends

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login