Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

b-day party

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
b-day party
August 29, 2005
This may not be the answer to what your problem, but the reason that kids flock to you is that they are very much in-tune with people that are real. Kids get sick of all the fake adults that pretend to listen to them. People that are not all about how cute they look( the adults I mean) because they say they like kids, are a real treat to kids of all ages. Kids have adults paying attention to them- all so the adults get kudos from other adults, not because adults really care about them. Kids know early on when they are getting smoke blown up their skirts- and the kids know that you are the real deal and they want to be around it.
Not that this solves your problem, but is should make you smile to know that of all those people that pretend to care about children, and give them what ever they want, does not mean as much to kids as being around a person that is honest with her choices and feelings. Know that you are an example that maybe a few of the kids will remember you and what you stood for, and not give into the pressure to have kids themselves.
You are cool- it is just not fun when the people who think you are cool have snotty noses and smell like wet dogs- smile.
sprogless
Re: b-day party
August 30, 2005
Thanks,Halen!That's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me!
CF Scorpio
Re: b-day party
August 31, 2005
Halen, that was a very insightful post!

Sprogless, your original post reminded me of a friend who hates kids. (I told her about the CF boards and No Kidding.) Kids seem to really like her too, probably for the same reasons Halen mentions.

There was a whole group of us at the Zoo once, and someone had brought their kids. The kids went right for my kid-hating friend, and she said, "OK, I'll take you guys into the zoo, as long as you don't talk to me!" It was pretty f*$@#ing funny!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.