Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New York Eatery Has Tit-Juice Cheese on the Menu

Posted by kidlesskim 
New York Eatery Has Tit-Juice Cheese on the Menu
September 24, 2010
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35778477/
Old news apparently, but it's the first that I have heard about it!

"Chef dishes up breast-milk cheese

Share Print Font: +-Human cheese may sound more Hannibal Lecter than haute cuisine, but it’s an intriguing new menu item at a fancy New York City eatery.

No humans were harmed in the making of the novel new dish; rather, mommy’s milk supplies the dairy quotient for the little canapé offered up by chef Daniel Angerer at his Klee Brasserie.

Noted chef Angerer, who once bested Bobby Flay on Food Network’s “Iron Chef” reality competition, says necessity was the mother of invention for his new dish — and in this case, the mother was his wife, Lori Mason. The couple realized their freezer was overflowing with breast milk as their baby daughter Arabella turned 4 weeks old.

“We are fortunate to have plenty of pumped mommy’s milk on hand, and we even freeze a good amount of it,” Angerer wrote on his Web site. “Our small freezer ran out of space. To throw it out would be like wasting gold.” Like GOLD? I don't fucking think so

Cheese wizardry
With his wife on board with the plan to offer a bit of herself in the name of culinary art, Angerer began experimenting with making cheese out of his wife’s breast milk. Turned out it worked pretty well — two gallons of breast milk, some curdling and two weeks of aging produced a sweet cheese with a taste not far removed from the more familiar cow’s milk cheese. Aww God, how gross! TWO GALLONS? ewwwwww. It tastes like cow cheese because it's coming from a MOO cow

When Angerer posted a recipe for “My Spouse’s Mommy’s Milk Cheese” on his blog, customers began calling his eatery begging for a taste. So he began offering an appetizer of breast-milk cheese with figs and Hungarian pepper at Klee Brasserie. While response has been generally positive, Angerer and Mason admit the dish has been a decided turnoff to some. Ya think?
“I think a lot of the criticism has to do with the combination of sex and cheese,” Mason told the New York Post. “But the breast is there to make food. Yeah, food for her BAYBEE, not the general public!

TODAY tested how much of an “eww” factor comes from mommy’s milk cheese Monday when hosts Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb displayed a platter of the Klee’s canapés to the show’s crew. Kotb was amazed no one would take the bait. “Not one taker? You get 100 bucks for being on camera!” she said. So, they can't even PAY people to knowingly eat this nasty shit!

Finally, restaurant owner Billy Dec of Chicago eatery Sunda came onto the set and offered to be the human guinea pig, even though he had missed hearing the appetizer was made from breast milk. After tasting, he nonchalantly said, “It’s cheese,” and then was told of the special ingredient.

Dec, on set to watch his chef Rodelio Aglibot make a recipe on TODAY, looked shocked and made a beeline off camera. Still, he finished off the appetizer, which may show the power of cheese in any form.

Childhood issues?
Angerer said that it’s all in the name of kitchen science. “Being a chef, you’re curious about anything in terms of flavor,” he told New York magazine’s grubstreet.com Web site. “It wasn’t like, ‘Hey, this is such an amazing cheese!’ It’s just like, ‘Can you use human milk? Yes, you absolutely can!’ ”Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should. I CAN do a lot of things, but I don't

b]Angerer’s wife Lori Mason notes that the restaurant has heard from a few prospective patrons who seem to have childhood issues. One person e-mailed asking for a sample, moaning that they were not breast-fed as a child. “I’m not here to walk people through their psychological problems,” Mason told the New York Post.[/b] Is she an idiot? These are obviously pervs

As for Angerer’s own Web site, response there has ranged from “I am LOVING this idea” to “Gross, who’s supposed to eat this?” Either way, Angerer notes that this is surely a limited-time-only menu item — the milk supply, courtesy of Mason, isn’t going to last forever.So, despite what the health department has said, he's gonna serve or offer it anyway? I hope that they shut his ass down!

Still, Mason is urging her husband to try out another recipe before the mother’s milk supply dries up; she’d love to see a breast-milk gelato. In homage, Gifford and Kotb dug into bowls of gelato shaped like a female breast Tuesday, daring each other to dig in. After both took a mouthful, they admitted a ruse: No mommy’s milk was used.

But the New York City Health Department seems less amused: It has told Angerer he would be well-advised to stop offering his wife’s milk to the general public, even though there is no specific law on the books prohibiting it.

“The restaurant knows that cheese made from breast milk is not for public consumption, whether it is sold or given away,” a Health Department spokeswoman told the New York Post.
There's no "specific" law about shitting in the soup, pissing in the coffee, or jerking off in the milkshake machine either and there shouldn't HAVE to be. Thank God the health department had the good sense to make a comment on this that it is NOT for public consumption!

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Re: New York Eatery Has Tit-Juice Cheese on the Menu
September 24, 2010
What idit brains. yuck. Childhood issues? What if his dumb broad of a wife was on some medicines, and a patron unknowingly ate something with her bodily fluids, has an adverse reaction?? Sheesh. angry flipping off the world 'fail' on flames

lab mom
September 24, 2010
I bet the chef would use his wife's flesh for cooking if something happens to her.

I'm not eating ever again!:kill
September 24, 2010
At least they're not offering it to people without telling them what it is, like that other woman. Still, if they have an eatery and they are using the same equipment that they use for preparing food they serve to customers, there's a possible health code violation there.
Anonymous User
September 24, 2010
Whoah, whoah, whoah-- isn't it the mombies who've been shrieking and hollering for decades that cheese made from unpasteurized cow, sheep, and goat milk is DANGEROUS? But now cheese made from completely unregulated, uninspected, raw human milk is somehow magically okay? "Hell, I know where those tits have been!" Mr. Duhddy-Chef explains with a cheery wink....

I second the shutting-down of this loser's ass.
September 24, 2010
I've been reading about this shit so long that I dreamed I was squirting milk from my hoo-haas into ice cube trays to freeze for later. Then I realized I must have had a baby to produce tit juice. Then I woke up, scared.
September 24, 2010
Miss_Hannigan
I've been reading about this shit so long that I dreamed I was squirting milk from my hoo-haas into ice cube trays to freeze for later. Then I realized I must have had a baby to produce tit juice. Then I woke up, scared.

Euh! What a horrible dream.
September 24, 2010
Also, why not just offer your wife's vagina up to the general public. Call it a sushi platter or something.
September 24, 2010
Miss_Hannigan
Also, why not just offer your wife's vagina up to the general public. Call it a sushi platter or something.

You are familiar with Nyotaimori, right?
September 24, 2010
yurble
Miss_Hannigan

You are familiar with Nyotaimori, right?

If that's eating raw fish off a naked woman, yep. I'm just eliminating the fish part. Go right for the oyster, boys. Chase it with a shooter of hooter juice. The chef's special.
Anonymous User
September 24, 2010
Disgusting. Does he not realize diseases are easily passed between members of the same species?

If he really didn't want to toss the "liquid gold" two faces puking why not donate it to a milk bank where they can test it and then use it for preemies, who could actually benefit from it?
September 24, 2010
Miss_Hannigan
If that's eating raw fish off a naked woman, yep. I'm just eliminating the fish part. Go right for the oyster, boys. Chase it with a shooter of hooter juice. The chef's special.
I think I'd prefer to have the chef's special rocky mountain oysters. That should ensure that the cheese supply dries up.
September 24, 2010
kidlesskim
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35778477/
Old news apparently, but it's the first that I have heard about it!

"Chef dishes up breast-milk cheese

Share Print Font: +-Human cheese may sound more Hannibal Lecter than haute cuisine, but it’s an intriguing new menu item at a fancy New York City eatery.

No humans were harmed in the making of the novel new dish; rather, mommy’s milk supplies the dairy quotient for the little canapé offered up by chef Daniel Angerer at his Klee Brasserie.

Noted chef Angerer, who once bested Bobby Flay on Food Network’s “Iron Chef” reality competition, says necessity was the mother of invention for his new dish — and in this case, the mother was his wife, Lori Mason. The couple realized their freezer was overflowing with breast milk as their baby daughter Arabella turned 4 weeks old.

“We are fortunate to have plenty of pumped mommy’s milk on hand, and we even freeze a good amount of it,” Angerer wrote on his Web site. “Our small freezer ran out of space. To throw it out would be like wasting gold.” Like GOLD? I don't fucking think so

Cheese wizardry
With his wife on board with the plan to offer a bit of herself in the name of culinary art, Angerer began experimenting with making cheese out of his wife’s breast milk. Turned out it worked pretty well — two gallons of breast milk, some curdling and two weeks of aging produced a sweet cheese with a taste not far removed from the more familiar cow’s milk cheese. Aww God, how gross! TWO GALLONS? ewwwwww. It tastes like cow cheese because it's coming from a MOO cow

When Angerer posted a recipe for “My Spouse’s Mommy’s Milk Cheese” on his blog, customers began calling his eatery begging for a taste. So he began offering an appetizer of breast-milk cheese with figs and Hungarian pepper at Klee Brasserie. While response has been generally positive, Angerer and Mason admit the dish has been a decided turnoff to some. Ya think?
“I think a lot of the criticism has to do with the combination of sex and cheese,” Mason told the New York Post. “But the breast is there to make food. Yeah, food for her BAYBEE, not the general public!

TODAY tested how much of an “eww” factor comes from mommy’s milk cheese Monday when hosts Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb displayed a platter of the Klee’s canapés to the show’s crew. Kotb was amazed no one would take the bait. “Not one taker? You get 100 bucks for being on camera!” she said. So, they can't even PAY people to knowingly eat this nasty shit!

Finally, restaurant owner Billy Dec of Chicago eatery Sunda came onto the set and offered to be the human guinea pig, even though he had missed hearing the appetizer was made from breast milk. After tasting, he nonchalantly said, “It’s cheese,” and then was told of the special ingredient.

Dec, on set to watch his chef Rodelio Aglibot make a recipe on TODAY, looked shocked and made a beeline off camera. Still, he finished off the appetizer, which may show the power of cheese in any form.

Childhood issues?
Angerer said that it’s all in the name of kitchen science. “Being a chef, you’re curious about anything in terms of flavor,” he told New York magazine’s grubstreet.com Web site. “It wasn’t like, ‘Hey, this is such an amazing cheese!’ It’s just like, ‘Can you use human milk? Yes, you absolutely can!’ ”Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should. I CAN do a lot of things, but I don't

b]Angerer’s wife Lori Mason notes that the restaurant has heard from a few prospective patrons who seem to have childhood issues. One person e-mailed asking for a sample, moaning that they were not breast-fed as a child. “I’m not here to walk people through their psychological problems,” Mason told the New York Post.[/b] Is she an idiot? These are obviously pervs

As for Angerer’s own Web site, response there has ranged from “I am LOVING this idea” to “Gross, who’s supposed to eat this?” Either way, Angerer notes that this is surely a limited-time-only menu item — the milk supply, courtesy of Mason, isn’t going to last forever.So, despite what the health department has said, he's gonna serve or offer it anyway? I hope that they shut his ass down!

Still, Mason is urging her husband to try out another recipe before the mother’s milk supply dries up; she’d love to see a breast-milk gelato. In homage, Gifford and Kotb dug into bowls of gelato shaped like a female breast Tuesday, daring each other to dig in. After both took a mouthful, they admitted a ruse: No mommy’s milk was used.

But the New York City Health Department seems less amused: It has told Angerer he would be well-advised to stop offering his wife’s milk to the general public, even though there is no specific law on the books prohibiting it.

“The restaurant knows that cheese made from breast milk is not for public consumption, whether it is sold or given away,” a Health Department spokeswoman told the New York Post.
There's no "specific" law about shitting in the soup, pissing in the coffee, or jerking off in the milkshake machine either and there shouldn't HAVE to be. Thank God the health department had the good sense to make a comment on this that it is NOT for public consumption!

actually, there are laws about shitting, spitting and ejaculating into food or beverages. i have no clue why this is not extended to serving breast milk...
September 24, 2010
Perhaps there are specific laws, but there is nothing on the list of the food safety inspection standardized form (the one that they are required to display in a conspicuous place with their big red scores) which specifically has a place to mark the establishment down on the point scale system that lists shitting, spitting, jerking off, etc......in the food or consumable product as a specific violation. Maybe there should be bodily fluids in or in this case served as food listed as a violation, but currently it is not. Below are what is specifically found on a typical health department food inspection report:

State Food Safety Evaluation Report
Facility Name________________________________________________________ID#________________________
Address_____________________________________________________________Facility Type________________
Ratings: E= Excellent S= Satisfactory N= Needs Improvement U= Unacceptable

The circled items indicate whether the critical items were met during the food safety evaluation.
y= yes n= no n/o= not observed n/a= not applicable

Potentially hazardous foods cooked to proper temperature.
Cooked potentially hazardous foods held at 130°F or above.
Potentially hazardous foods reheated properly.
Cooked potentially hazardous foods cooled properly.
Potentially hazardous foods held at proper cooling temperature.
Food/Equipment Temp Food/Equipment Temp
Hands and exposed arms clean and properly washed.
Hand washing facilities available and functional.
Employees using proper hand and arm cleaning procedures.
Live animals handled properly.
Person in charge requires employees to report illnesses.
Employees eating, drinking, or using tobacco only in designated areas

Persons with discharges from eyes, nose and mouth prohibited from working with exposed food. This needs to include and specify leaking udders
Food handlers preventing contamination of ready-to-eat food by limiting bare hand contact to approved methods.I guess it needs to say BARE TITTY too
Food handlers tasting food properly.
All foods are from approved sources, safe, unadulterated and honestly presented.They could violate them under this one, IF they were aware of it
Food received in proper condition and temperature.
Shellfish tags kept as required.
Food separation, packaging, segregation and substitution methods are preventing food contamination.
Effective food contact controls are preventing food contamination. This might could get them too
Food contact surfaces and equipment are cleaned frequently and properly to prevent food contamination.
Food contact surfaces sanitized properly and approved equipment being used.
Foods are correctly date marked.
Consumer advisories are conducted properly.
Demonstration of food safety knowledgethe world 'fail' on flames

Designated person in charge demonstrates adequate food safety knowledge applicable to operation.
Time as a public health control
Food holding and storage time is within food safety limits.
*HACCP plan followed
HACCP plan followed properly. This one would cover "biological hazard" IF they knew about leaking udders around the food, wankers, pissers, spitters, shitters, udder cheese, etc.........
Other critical and non critical items in compliance (if not,specify violations under comment section).
Comments and corrective action necessary:

Ratings:
E= Excellent All critical items met during the food safety inspection.
S= Satisfactory Critical violation(s) noted and corrected prior to the completion of the inspection.
N= Needs improvement Critical violation(s) not corrected prior to the completion of the inspection.
U= Unacceptable Gross Unsanitary conditions representing an imminent health hazard. THIS is what they should get just for offering tit cheese, but there they were on national TV, yet they are still in business.confused smiley

*•Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) is a systematic preventive approach to food safety and pharmaceutical safety that addresses physical, chemical, and biological hazards as a means of prevention rather than finished product inspection.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
September 25, 2010
technically, it is a human bodily fluid, so laws concerning blood, mucus, etc. should apply. i mean, why should a guy's fluid be banned from having contact with food and not a woman's breast milk?
September 25, 2010
I would get angry at these people but they obviously have some common sense disorders, so I can't fault them for being themselves. The New York Health Department (NYHD) is at fault for bowing down to them.

This is how the conversation should go:

NYHD: Breast milk is in violation of the restaurant health codes. Put it in your food and we shut you down. Understand?
Daniel Angerer: We're serving our breast milk food. ::makes breast milk food::
NYHD: We're shutting this place down.

::Restaurant gets shut down. End.::
September 25, 2010
Considering this thread in light of the hazards-in-breast-milk thread, this cheese could be rather toxic I imagine. Aside from disgusting.
September 25, 2010
clematis
Considering this thread in light of the hazards-in-breast-milk thread, this cheese could be rather toxic I imagine. Aside from disgusting.

Exactly.
September 25, 2010
is it pasteurized? maybe there's a violation there.
February 24, 2011
Bored with cheese? ice cream is available in the UK.
February 24, 2011
And to think they arrested a guy for giving away samples of jizz filled yogurt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
And Tit Juice Ice Cream...... yyuummmm two faces puking

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20110224/tuk-uk-britain-breastmilk-icecream-fa6b408.html

London shop to make breast milk ice cream
1 hour 41 mins ago

A specialist ice cream parlour plans to serve up breast milk ice cream and says people should think of it as an organic, free-range treat.

The breast milk concoction, called the "Baby Gaga," will be available from Friday at the Icecreamists restaurant in London's Covent Garden.

Icecreamists founder Matt O'Connor was confident his take on the "miracle of motherhood" and priced at a hefty 14 pounds ($23) a serving will go down a treat with the paying public.

The breast milk was provided by mothers who answered an advertisement on online mothers' forum Mumsnet.

Victoria Hiley, 35, from London was one of 15 women who donated milk to the restaurant after seeing the advert.

Hiley works with women who have problems breast-feeding their babies. She said she believes that if adults realised how tasty breast milk actually is, then new mothers would be more willing to breast-feed their own newborns.

"What could be more natural than fresh, free-range mother's milk in an ice cream? And for me it's a recession beater too -- what's the harm in using my assets for a bit of extra cash," Hiley said in a statement.

"I tried the product for the first time today -- it's very nice, it really melts in the mouth."

The Baby Gaga recipe blends breast milk with Madagascan vanilla pods and lemon zest, which is then churned into ice cream.

O'Connor said the Baby Gaga was just one of a dozen radical new flavours at the shop.

"Some people will hear about it and go, 'yuck' but actually it's pure, organic, free-range and totally natural," he said. "I had a Baby Gaga just this morning and I feel great."

(Reporting by Paul Casciato; Editing by Steve Addison)
February 24, 2011
Take the letter "A" off the end of the name brand and it will be closer to right on.

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
February 24, 2011
Miss_Hannigan

Just wait. Next, she'll shit out another loaf, and they'll be having placenta pate. Why not use her menstrual blood as well? Her amniotic fluid can be tossed into soups. That's not a wife ya got there, buddy. That there's a prime "gourmet" reproductive food factory.

It's your hell; you rot in it!
February 24, 2011
But wait, there's more...

The guy said that people think there's a squick factor, because they don't like the idea of sex and cheese??? I don't care about sex and cheese. People can go fuck sticks of string cheese for all I care. I won't drink someone else's sweat, piss, vomit, etc. Why the hell would I consume someone's breast milk?

Oh, and while he's at the boob cheese making, why doesn't he harvest some of the loaf's spit up to use in the culturing of the boob cheese? Renet is what they use to make cheese, and renet is the digestive enzymes in calves. So, to be totally authentic, he should collect Junior's vomit, strain out the chunks, and curdle the cheese with the remaining liquid.

two faces pukingtwo faces pukingtwo faces pukingtwo faces pukingtwo faces pukingtwo faces pukingtwo faces pukingtwo faces pukingtwo faces puking

It's your hell; you rot in it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login