Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Little Mamas"

Posted by Christhead 
"Little Mamas"
October 01, 2010
Has anyone ever seen or hear someone describe little girls as "Little Mamas" just because they're playing sweetly with their younger siblings? She's not a "mama", she's a "sister.". I just hate that whenever girls act nurturing they're labeled as "Little Mamas" or praised and told they're going to make great mothers someday. It's like their mothers (if they're the ones making the comments) are trying to project themselves onto their daughters. And they just assume that their little girls are gonna grow up to become baby-making factories.

I stumbled upon a blog post while ago written by a woman whose daughter died in some accident. In the post she counted the things she missed about the girl, and one of the items on the list was "She had great little hips, even as a baby. When I changed her diaper I would stare at her hips and her tummy and imagine her doing a great job of growing her own babies someday." It was like she was mourning the loss of future grandchildren rather than the physical and real child that had actually existed.
Re: "Little Mamas"
October 01, 2010
Christhead
In the post she counted the things she missed about the girl, and one of the items on the list was "She had great little hips, even as a baby. When I changed her diaper I would stare at her hips and her tummy and imagine her doing a great job of growing her own babies someday."

That's fuckin' creepy... Yuck. :goggle
October 01, 2010
EWWWW! Staring at her kid's child bearing hips. That is a new level of invasiveness. Goddess will the child be CF.
October 01, 2010
Rose Red
Goddess will the child be CF.

The child is actually dead. So I guess that makes her childfree by default.
October 01, 2010
Christhead
Rose Red
Goddess will the child be CF.

The child is actually dead. So I guess that makes her childfree by default.

Unless she's up in Heaven being a "little mama" to all of the unborn, clots, and regular deceased kids.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
October 01, 2010
Christhead
I stumbled upon a blog post while ago written by a woman whose daughter died in some accident. In the post she counted the things she missed about the girl, and one of the items on the list was "She had great little hips, even as a baby. When I changed her diaper I would stare at her hips and her tummy and imagine her doing a great job of growing her own babies someday." It was like she was mourning the loss of future grandchildren rather than the physical and real child that had actually existed.

Holy shit! That's fucking creepy. I had relatively wide hips (still do) but my mom NEVER made a comment at how well i'd be able to grow a baby. That's just sick and not to mention sad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
October 01, 2010
I have wide hips too...I think it's just a thing with women on my mom's side of the family to have broad hips, legs, and asses, but I sure as hell was never told I'd incubate a baby well with my hips. Ick. And WTF kind of freak-tard ogles her baby's stomach and hips and thinks, "Boy oh boy, them hips would look reeeeal good carrying some baby weight!" Gods, did she also stare at the child's genitals and fantasize about how wonderful it'd look to see a baby being pushed out of them?

Parents are so messed up in the head. I was always nurturing to cats as a kid...I'd always want to cradle cats in my arms like babies, and actually my cats that I've had since childhood let me do this without flinching. My girl cat has me trained to carry her in one arm resting against my shoulder and chest while I do stuff with the other hand. I am nurturing to cats because I adore cats, but I move as far away from kids as possible because if I'm near them, I ignore them and am cold to them if I must interact. So no, I am not a momma to any degree or of any size. Fuck those nutcases.
October 02, 2010
Someone once told me I had child-bearing hips. The resulting slap had him yelling "Hey it was a compliment!" Not to me it fucking well isn't! I do have "curves" though I'm not massive, just built that way but my fucking god I'm pissed. The only child my hips are ever going to be bearing is my baby sugar glider when he sits in the special pouch I have for bonding with him.
October 02, 2010
Oh good grief. I have small hips, but broad shoulders. My mom never looked at my small hips and thought "she could never carry a baby," because she is sane. Man, this moo is a mental nut job. :eyebrows

lab mom
October 02, 2010
I have never encountered the phrase "little mamas" until now! Crap, that is so abusive! It's like saying, "Little Democrats/Republicans, little Hindus/Christians/atheists, little lawyers/doctors/streetwalkers/drug addicts." Hello, project much? :crz They have to make these decisions for themselves!

I don't believe in telling children who they are or what they are to become. I do, however, believe in telling them to behave and to shut the hell up. bouncing and laughing
October 02, 2010
ShimmyMuse
I have never encountered the phrase "little mamas" until now! Crap, that is so abusive! It's like saying, "Little Democrats/Republicans, little Hindus/Christians/atheists, little lawyers/doctors/streetwalkers/drug addicts." Hello, project much? :crz They have to make these decisions for themselves!

I don't believe in telling children who they are or what they are to become. I do, however, believe in telling them to behave and to shut the hell up. bouncing and laughing

THIS. My parents let me decided for myself what I wanted to be. Needless to say, it took me a while to figure out because I enjoy so many things. I decided on something I never thought I would, they didn't really see it either until I grew up and really matured. I've decided on the Miitary. I wouldn't have lasted at 18 because I was still fairly rebellious, (nothing bad, just hated authority, respected it, but still hated being told what to do) but after a couple years on my own, I really grew up and now actually discipline because it gives me structure and sense of security. (As in, I enjoy following schedules and what not) After Medic School didn't work out, I really gave more thought to the Military, researched it, talked to my friends/family who are in or were in, etc. I'm now trying to make weight so they'll accept and I'll have a bright career as an MP or Med Tech the first 4 years, then I hope to get them to pay for Nursing school to become a Flight Nurse. grinning smiley My parents are proud i've decided to join the military.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
Anonymous User
October 02, 2010
Christhead
"She had great little hips, even as a baby. When I changed her diaper I would stare at her hips and her tummy and imagine her doing a great job of growing her own babies someday." It was like she was mourning the loss of future grandchildren rather than the physical and real child that had actually existed.

Ewwww. That's creepy as hell! What kind of parent would think about their daughter bearing children at such a young age?
October 02, 2010
Sounds like a fetish to me. yawning smiley
Anonymous User
October 02, 2010
It's not quite the same but when my little sister was born I was 16 months old, my mother, in what she calls an attempt to stop jealousy, told me that my sister was my baby and it was down to me to look after her. I should say this is just what she said, she didnt mean I was literally meant to look after her. It apparently worked but I feel a tad uncomfortable about it all.

Also, when I got to the age announcing I was never having kids, my mother went into overdrive trying to 'fix' me. Buying baby dolls and trying to get me interested in every baby I encountered. One of my earIiest CF memories is when I was 8 and one day my aunt asked me to give her baby son his bottle, which I did, with my aunt and mother gurning at me full of pride, "aww, she's a natural mother" said my aunt. I remember feeling really angry and duped into it. :kill
October 05, 2010
Finnglas
It's not quite the same but when my little sister was born I was 16 months old, my mother, in what she calls an attempt to stop jealousy, told me that my sister was my baby and it was down to me to look after her. I should say this is just what she said, she didnt mean I was literally meant to look after her. It apparently worked but I feel a tad uncomfortable about it all.

Also, when I got to the age announcing I was never having kids, my mother went into overdrive trying to 'fix' me. Buying baby dolls and trying to get me interested in every baby I encountered. One of my earIiest CF memories is when I was 8 and one day my aunt asked me to give her baby son his bottle, which I did, with my aunt and mother gurning at me full of pride, "aww, she's a natural mother" said my aunt. I remember feeling really angry and duped into it. :kill

I find the worst way to change a kid's mind about something is to cram it down their throat. My parents did that to me with a certain sport activity I had no interest in and all it did was make me not want to do it more. There were even times I was denied everything but this one activity, and it only made me hate it more. They eventually stopped and I haven't done it since.

As for the term "Little Mama," I always thought it meant a child who tries to push her younger sibling(s) around, like being the third parent. One of my coworkers had a daughter like that who pushed her little brother around, and she'd have to tell the little girl not to treat her brother that way because she wasn't the parent. This lady sometimes described her daughter as acting like a "Little Mama." I know what this is like because that is how my sister was.

JD
October 05, 2010
Maybe the kid was just bow legged?
October 06, 2010
cf_hoosier
Christhead
"She had great little hips, even as a baby. When I changed her diaper I would stare at her hips and her tummy and imagine her doing a great job of growing her own babies someday." It was like she was mourning the loss of future grandchildren rather than the physical and real child that had actually existed.

Ewwww. That's creepy as hell! What kind of parent would think about their daughter bearing children at such a young age?

After reading some of this woman's blog, this is even creepier to me now. Apparently, breeders are always fantasizing about what they think is their kid's grand and glorious future instead of focusing on the kid's life in the here and now.

They're always blogging about what a great husband or daddy their son will make because he flushed the toilet on his own or handed his sister back her Barbie doll's head instead of eating it. Their infant (FFS) daughter's going to be a 'great mama' because she has 'great hips'. The "I gave up my dream baby" idiot is already waxing poetic about Tenzin's illustrious college career and thinking about what kind of laundry bag she'll need to help him pick out, and the kid was all of FIVE at the time of the article. I have two girlfriends with kids who sit together at the coffee shop giggling about one's five-year-old daughter someday marrying the other one's seven-year-old son while I fantasize about pouring arsenic in my drink to escape the chatter. "TEE-HEE! Look at them playing together! They like each other a lot, I can tell! OMIGOD, they might get married one day!" What overactive imaginations mommies have.

You know, I can perfectly understand a parent wanting good things for their kids in the future, in theory. Fine. But sitting around ruminating on an INFANT'S future baby-making adventures is a bit much. Can't a parent just appreciate the kid right now and stop projecting their hopes and their dreams onto it? As it is, it seems they don't really give a damn about the kid's future, only their brilliant ideas about the kid's future. It's always the next best thing with these people.

Wanting your kid to have a good life is one thing. Planning out your toddler son's future wedding is another. Yucky Mummy just had a post about wanting to buy a bottle of wine made the same year of her son's birth so she could give it to him as a wedding present. Did I mention the kid is only THREE years old? Or that Yucky went on her quest to buy wine and store it for her future plans without having any access to a cellar? Yucky b reel smartt, u guyz. I can just envision the kid drinking the wine 25 or so years down the line and croaking after ingesting some rare fungus after Yucky ended up storing the bottle under her bed instead of storing it correctly. Good one, Yucky.

I'm quite sure my mother wasn't sitting there looking at my toddler hips and already making plans for me to bear many grandbabies for her. How do I know this? Because she was too busy looking at my hot young ass. eye rolling smiley Grow up, breeders.

"The secret of dealing successfully with a child is not to be its parent." -- Mel Lazarus
"Women who miscalculate are called mothers." -- Abigail Van Buren
"Better to be deprived of food for three days, than tea for one." -- Chinese proverb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login