Ellen Pompeo: helping to destroy the environment one click at a time

Posted by CherryIce 
Ellen Pompeo: helping to destroy the environment one click at a time
October 06, 2010
Just saw this on Just Jared:

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/10/06/ellen-pompeo-visits-fox-friends/

And here's the site she's promoting:

http://www.huggies.com/en-US/promotions/everylittlebottom?WT.mc_id=HUG_elb_atl

You know, cloth diapers might be a better alternative here. Reusable, less expensive, things like that?
Re: Ellen Pompeo: helping to destroy the environment one click at a time
October 06, 2010
GAG! Like the irresponsible (who can't have necessities to bring a child into the world, but do so anyways) need praise. spanking with a whip on the ass

lab mom
October 06, 2010
let me know when they start collecting contraceptives for the needy.
Whatever happened to personal responsibility in this world? Now let's just give the fuck ups everything for free because they neeeeed them!
Of course, the first thing you see on that site is a picture of the celebMoo and her comments on the situation "As a new maawwwwn, I was devastated to hear that mothers couldn't provide diapers for their children." Because until you become a mother, you cannot sympathize with the situation. I guess that might be true because I certainly don't give a shit. If you're sending your kid to daycare, you must be able to afford diapers, at least a few cloth ones. Even if you just use them at home to conserve your disposables for the daycare (but of course, it's so much easier to just throw those away instead of getting off your ass to wash the dirty cloths). You can even use an old t-shirt or something if you're really that desperate. Or teach the kid to use the toilet before he turns six.
October 06, 2010
This is soooo fucked up. And it starts with the annoying "As a new mom...." Another brain-dead celebrity who chooses a "charity" to enable people who have NO BUSINESS breeding!

And the stupid captions..."Imagine having to re-use soiled diapers..." How about not being a lazy fucking ass and use cloth diapers! But that would mean having to go to the effort of WASHING them, so I guess we can't even suggest that option!

"Imagine having to cut back on necessities like food to buy diapers..." For christ's sake...if you can't plan your breeding better than this, you need to get sterilized IMMEDIATELY.

Of course, we all know the more accurate plea would be along the lines..."Imagine having to cut back on necessities like crack, meth, booze, cigarettes, and cell phone...."

Like yurble said, let m know when they start collecting for BIRTH CONTROL for these wastes of skin.the world 'fail' on flames

ETA: I should have known better than to go clicking around that damn site. Look at this ridiculous "study" these people wasted massive amounts of time and money on. The irony. Get a real fucking job!

Every little shitbag study

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
October 06, 2010
My first reaction to that study, CrabCake, was disbelief that it was actually real and people signed their names to it. :eh??

And if I was Ellen Pompeo, I wouldn't be advertising the fact that I was an Every Little Bottoms Ambassador. It doesn't have the same ring as Angelina Jolie's UN High Commission title.
October 06, 2010
Crabcake, it's like a train wreck and I can't help looking. I also can't believe that it was sponsored by a company which is trying to push its product and it is nonetheless being treated seriously.

This report helps us to recognize the ways that diapering can be a source of joy and a time of emotional connection for all mothers, but can also represent a significant source of psychological strain for families who are financially struggling. Not the father, mind you, just the mother. And it's a source of joy! A time of emotional connection!

Nearly all mothers connected clean diapers with showing their child how much they loved them. What a finding! I thought mothers liked to show their babies how much they loved them by poking them in the eye with sharp sticks. Instead, it's by meeting the basic physical needs. Who'duv thunk?

No wonder mothers who can’t afford enough diapers report more anxiety and feeling like a “bad mother." Maybe because they are bad mothers, who didn't plan their family sizes to fall within their financial capabilities?

Whether or not mothers struggle with diaper need, mothers overwhelmingly said that keeping a child in clean diapers should not depend on how much money you have. Well, of course they said that. Mothers also say that they should be paid by society to stay at home and take care of their children. Ask any special interest group if they should get some handouts, and chances are that they'll say, "Yes." I also believe that I shouldn't have to pay rent and groceries, because someone else should pay for these things for me. It shouldn't matter how much money I have, I should be able to live in a mansion, because that's what I want.

Imagine again, returning to that frantic scene of mother and baby. Mother reaches into her diaper bag and pulls out the clean diaper she’s grateful she got from her local diaper bank. Mother smiles, her anxieties fade, baby soothes and smiles back at his mom, who’s able to provide tender, loving care. Unlikely. Mother will never be satisfied. Once she gets that free diaper, she's going to be after free food, free housing, and free video games. We've all read the Craigslist posts.
October 06, 2010
A bit more from the same article of state the obvious and stupid.

Mothers who cut back on basic essentials, like food, utilities or child care in order to afford enough diapers for their children, herein referred to as mothers who struggle with diaper need, are a diverse group of mothers.

Yet, these mothers are more likely than their counterparts who do not struggle to provide this basic need to be living in poverty or financial hardship, and are less likely to be married.

In the U.S., these mothers struggling with diaper need are less likely to be employed or to have attained higher education.

People who do not have enough money to support their children are likely to be people who do not have enough money to begin with, and not to have the skills to obtain money either. Also, they probably did not plan on being parents. How shocking.

Diapering is basic to both children and mothers across financial standing – Diapers are viewed as a basic necessity for children, much like food and shelter. The experience of diapering is a conduit for connection and love, as well as a source of confidence and pride for mothers.
Having diapers is a source of confidence and pride for people who don't seem to have anything else going in their lives.

The inability to provide diaper care impacts maternal well-being – While mothers of young children feel like good mothers no matter their financial standing, when they cannot provide a basic need like diapers, their well-being suffers. Mothers tend to feel guilty and stressed when they cannot change their child out of a dirty diaper.
So they have to be really, really, bad mothers before they start to feel like bad mothers, at which point they feel guilty and stressed, but usually not sufficiently so that they can't get knocked up again.

Further, regardless of whether or not mothers find themselves struggling with diaper need (have had to cut back on basic essentials like food, utilities or child care in order to afford enough diapers for their children), the majority feel like good mothers most of the time. Virtually all mothers in the U.S. and Canada agree that they’ve felt like a good mother most or some of the time over the past week.
Objectively speaking, however, they are not.

While no differences were noted in Canada, U.S. mothers who struggle with diaper need are more likely than their counterparts to see changing their child’s diaper as a wonderful way of showing how much they love them.
New advertising slogan: When "I love you," just won't do, there's Huggies. Now available for spouses and parents.

Further, these mothers struggling with diaper need are much more likely than mothers who do not struggle to stay at home when they need to go out, miss work or school, or keep their child out of daycare because they did not have enough diapers (U.S. 24% vs. 4%; Canada 16% vs. 2%).

They're not going to get in a better financial state by missing work. If they can do things like not pay the utilities to get diapers, surely they can save all their diapers for daycare and use rags at home, so that they can get to work, earn some money, and buy more diapers?

It's very repetitious so I won't bother to give any more. Conclusion: Boo-hoo. If the company really cared they'd donate diapers, instead of trying to set up some charity to make other people feel guilty enough to donate. Think of what they could have donated if they hadn't commissioned this lame study.
October 06, 2010
Yurb, I know what you mean about it being a train wreck. The "study" is so ludicrous that, just like the booger-eating thing, it belongs in The Onion and not real life!!

Did you catch the contradiction between what is said in these first two paragraphs and the third one?

No wonder mothers who can’t afford enough diapers report more anxiety and feeling like a “bad mother."

While mothers of young children feel like good mothers no matter their financial standing, when they cannot provide a basic need like diapers, their well-being suffers. Mothers tend to feel guilty and stressed when they cannot change their child out of a dirty diaper.

Further, regardless of whether or not mothers find themselves struggling with diaper need (have had to cut back on basic essentials like food, utilities or child care in order to afford enough diapers for their children), the majority feel like good mothers most of the time.

So which is it?? Do they feel like bad mothers or not? Obviously this "study" is like a diaper..full of SHIT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
October 06, 2010
If you can't afford diapers, you can't afford a fucking baybee! How is THAT so complicated to understand? spanking with a whip on the ass
October 06, 2010
Mothers who cut back on basic essentials, like food, utilities or child care in order to afford enough diapers for their children, herein referred to as mothers who struggle with diaper need, are a diverse group of mothers.
Yet, these mothers are more likely than their counterparts who do not struggle to provide this basic need to be living in poverty or financial hardship, and are less likely to be married.
In the U.S., these mothers struggling with diaper need are less likely to be employed or to have attained higher education

"'Diverse", in what way? They are ALL worthless welfare whores who are too stupid to use birth control! Of COURSE they aren't married, living in poverty, unemployed, and uneducated. Otherwise, they'd have been smart enough to NOT get knocked up!

Diapering is basic to both children and mothers across financial standing – Diapers are viewed as a basic necessity for children, much like food and shelter. The experience of diapering is a conduit for connection and love, as well as a source of confidence and pride for mothers. Like food and shelter, diapers are just another necessity that they don't have because they squatted kyds when they couldn't afford it! No big surprise there! Oh and "diapering" isn't an "experience" NOR does it warrant any feelings of "pride" anymore than taking a dump in a toilet does for an older kyd.IT'S JUST A DIAPER, for containing shit. Just what kind of an idiot is "proud" as they change a diaper?I'd be HAPPY to donate tampons though(or rubbers).

The inability to provide diaper care impacts maternal well-being – While mothers of young children feel like good mothers no matter their financial standing, when they cannot provide a basic need like diapers, their well-being suffers. Mothers tend to feel guilty and stressed when they cannot change their child out of a dirty diaper AS WELL THEY SHOULD! How stupid does a moo have to be to have a baybee that she can't afford to change out of a shitty diaper? This is UNbelievable!

Further, these mothers struggling with diaper need are much more likely than mothers who do not struggle to stay at home when they need to go out, miss work or school, or keep their child out of daycare because they did not have enough diapers (U.S. 24% vs. 4%; Canada 16% vs. 2%). I am not at ALL surprised that they would miss work and blame it on the lack of diapers, but what's this about DAYCARE? If they can afford daycare, why can't they afford a diaper?

Why don't these STUPID moos go to a yard sale or some church bizarre and either buy a couple of dozen cheap cloth diapers or moo and low till someone donates some? Can they not afford the water to wash them either? CLOTH DIAPER: Two words that they need to learn.angry flipping off

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
October 06, 2010
My Mom used cloth diapers because I was allergic to the other kind. AND she was a working mom - not a fucking SAHMoo! So what is their excuse? Stupid lazy whores. :cen
October 07, 2010
All I hear from that b.s. is 'give me, give me, give me, give me, give me, NOW!!!!!!" How very demanding. eye rolling smiley

lab mom
October 07, 2010
kidlesskim
Why don't these STUPID moos go to a yard sale or some church bizarre and either buy a couple of dozen cheap cloth diapers or moo and low till someone donates some? Can they not afford the water to wash them either? CLOTH DIAPER: Two words that they need to learn.angry flipping off

According to the report, something like 30% of them lack a washing machine. The others complain that daycare won't accept babies with cloth diapers (so, you use the cloth ones at home, and save the other ones for daycare, thus saving money and still having diapers all the time)...

The first figure really indicates what kind of people the report is dealing with.
October 07, 2010
CrabCake
So which is it?? Do they feel like bad mothers or not? Obviously this "study" is like a diaper..full of SHIT.

Yes, I noticed that, although I attributed it to unclear writing. Which is rather surprising, given that the entire report appears to be authored at an 'international English' standard. It's repetitious and doesn't use any large words; you'd think they could at least manage clarity.
October 07, 2010
Seriously, doesn't the Dollar Tree sell diapers? You'd think they might, or you could buy in bulk from BJ's or Costco. And yeah, why doesn't Huggies just make a mass donation? They're the ones with the cash to support the ludicrous study, so they should send a bunch out for free.

In case people haven't noticed, a lot of folks are strapped for cash themselves these days, what with the job market being what it is.

PS: A giant count box of puppy pads would be a fairly inexpensive way to craft diapers. Add some pins and folding and there you go!

PSS: And I find it incredibly difficult to believe that bonding occurs when you remove a sack of poo from under your kid's butt. I witnessed a diaper changing maybe once or twice and didn't see anything but grossness. I ran from the room screaming when I saw the turd, and I was 20!
If I got a report on my desk tomorrow morning that started with:

"This report helps us to recognize the ways that diapering can be a source of joy and a time of emotional connection for all mothers"

it would be in the trash by 9:01.
October 07, 2010
yurble
kidlesskim

According to the report, something like 30% of them lack a washing machine. The others complain that daycare won't accept babies with cloth diapers (so, you use the cloth ones at home, and save the other ones for daycare, thus saving money and still having diapers all the time)...

The first figure really indicates what kind of people the report is dealing with.

So that's 70% who DO have a washing machine and like you mentioned , they could save the donated nappies for daycare and use cloth at home. How DID moos survive before the advent of disposable diapers, I wonder? I remember my mother dumping out shit, wringing out diaper in the toilet, and tossing it in a pail filled with clorax water and THEN putting them in a washer. Before that, I suppose that they rinsed them out and hung them out to dry. If your kyd has a shitty diaper and washing and rinsing by hand/hanging out to dry and leaving the kyd in a dirty diaper were the only two options, it's pretty easy for a bystander to choose the correct answer.MY GOD, they act as if disposable diapers were a REQUIREMENT. How many disposable diapers does a kyd NEED per day anyway?

On Walmart's online store for $35 they can get one of these:
HUGGIES - Snug & Dry Diapers:
•Ensures utmost comfort for baby
•Excellent leakage protection
•All-around stretch for snug fit
•Featuring Disney's Mickey Mouse designs

Available sizes:
•Size 1/2 (pack count 192) up to 15 lbs
•Size 3 (pack count 156) 16-28 lbs
•Size 4 (pack count 140) 22-37 lbs
•Size 5 (pack count 120) over 27 lbs
•Size 6 (pack count 100) over 35 lbs

I looked on a few moomie sites and they say that a newborn goes through 8-12 diapers a day and the number lessens as it gets older. So, the 192 count pack SHOULD last about 20 days and the other packs of diapers for that long or longer. If they can't afford $35 every 3 weeks to a month, then they shouldn't be having baybees. Besides, with WIC and EBT food cards that they get for free, what ELSE do they have to buy?confused smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
October 07, 2010
kidlesskim
How DID moos survive before the advent of disposable diapers, I wonder? I remember my mother dumping out shit, wringing out diaper in the toilet, and tossing it in a pail filled with clorax water and THEN putting them in a washer. Before that, I suppose that they rinsed them out and hung them out to dry. If your kyd has a shitty diaper and washing and rinsing by hand/hanging out to dry and leaving the kyd in a dirty diaper were the only two options, it's pretty easy for a bystander to choose the correct answer.MY GOD, they act as if disposable diapers were a REQUIREMENT.

Don'tcha know, being a MOM is the toughest job in the world, and it's harder now than it's ever been!
So howz about Ellen cutting a check from her Grey's Anatomy salary (which you know is in the seven digit range) and buying diapers for the little welfare whores and idiots who seem to forget that kids cost money?

I second the donation of condoms.

(and a little ingenuity goes a long way...I made dog diapers out of Target's version of Poise pads and cloth panties designed for dogs. The old girl tends to forget to pee till it is too late. What is wrong with moos?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
October 07, 2010
yurble
According to the report, something like 30% of them lack a washing machine.

Which is the MAIN reason public laundromats are such a squicky concept. After the usual stint of doing laundry that way in my 20s, I am TO THIS DAY ever so grateful every time I do laundry in my very own washer and dryer. And I'm almost 50!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cherryice
You know, cloth diapers might be a better alternative here. Reusable, less expensive, things like that?

thumbs upwink Cherryice - Disposable diapers shouldn't be given as handouts for the same reason that convenience foods shouldn't be purchasable with food cards. Why enable breeders to take the lazy way out that is more harmful to the environment and the least cost effective?
December 06, 2010
Christhead
"As a new maawwwwn, I was devastated to hear that mothers couldn't provide diapers for their children." Because until you become a mother, you cannot sympathize with the situation. I guess that might be true because I certainly don't give a shit. quote]

This:waving hellolarious

Or teach the kid to use the toilet before he turns six

Tell that to Marie France. There will be a Family Renovation show next year and Robbie will still be wearing nothing but Huggies.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login