Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Mom is finally coming around!

Posted by Steph 
Steph
My Mom is finally coming around!
September 15, 2005
For years my mother has been the type we all know. She used to constantly ask me...'When are you going to have kids?' or 'When am I going to be a grandmother?' I would always say 'I'm not!' and 'you are already a grandmother because my dogs, horses etc. are my kids and thus your grandkids!' Well my mom always hated to hear that last part about my animals being 'kids'. But, lo and behold, she is finally coming around to the idea. Several years ago my mare (female horse) foaled(means birth) a little colt (male baby horse). Note: this wasn't my intention as I stupidly and unknowingly bought a pregnant horse that was garunteed to not be pregnant...but anyway. My mom has always loved horses and when she came out to my place to see the new little colt she fell in love!! Well like I said this all happened over 3 years ago and the little colt has since grown up and been sold to another horse person in my community. But, just recently my mom told me about a trip to the dentist she had back when the colt was still in our 'family'. The dentist was asking her about her daughters, me included, and then asked her about grandkids. She told the dentist 'Yes, I just became a grandmother!' The dentist was all happy for her and asked her about the 'baby'. Thats when my mom said 'It is a boy, he weighed 122lbs. and stood 9.2 hands high at birth. (Note: horses are measured in 'hands'-this tells how tall they are.) My mom continued 'He is red with white markings and a white speckeled blanket on his rump.' (Note: Appaloosas have specific markings on their hindquarters.) Well, my mom said the dentist was just standing there with her mouth dropped open. The dentist finally said ... 'You have got to be talking about a horse, right?' My mom just laughed and said 'Yes, he is a horse, my grandhorsekid!!' I was so happy that my mom told me about this. Even though it happened a few years ago it means she is finally coming around to the idea that the fourleggeds are the only kids for me and the only 'grandkids' for her!!
sprogless
Re: My Mom is finally coming around!
September 15, 2005
That's great,Steph! My mom has always accepted my dogs as her grandkids.When my dog had puppies a few years ago, she sent birth announcements to her co-workers.To this day, she buys them better X-Mas, and birthday presents than her human grandkids.We kept the whole litter, and her cubicle is plastered with pics.My breeder siblings hate that.
mercurior 1
Re: My Mom is finally coming around!
September 15, 2005
iam lucky, my mum accepts my choice, but i am glad for u steph, and you sprogless.

my mum was ok with me, but she couldnt cope with anyone elses, or grandkids,
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.