Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#496..loss of westie

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
#496..loss of westie
September 16, 2005
Lord, how awful. I know just how you feel. I had a lovely cat drown accidentally in a river; I've had a lot of pets and the loss of each gets harder as I get older..
Very sorry to hear that.
mercurior 1
Re: #496..loss of westie
September 16, 2005
awwwwww, so sorry to hear of your loss, gives a quick prayer to the god of dogs
September 16, 2005
two cents---

That's horrible! Your poor, lovely cat. Pets truly are so special. Some people say that they are better than humans, because they are here to teach unconditional love. Psychics say they don't reincarnate, because they've already mastered this love. It's an interesting thought.

Mercurior--Thank you for your prayer. I'm thinking of my Miss Annie in dog heaven, and smiling.
Anonymous User
September 17, 2005
The kind offering of sorry for your loss does not put words to the emptiness in your heart, mind and soul. I do not think that pets are just pets if you never treated them that way-instead they were your secret keepers, the best listeners in the world, the special touch that brought you back from your sadness when the day refused to turn right. These pets are souls in a different body. For all the reasons we don't want kids, pets reflect all the reasons to open your heart to humanity. For we know that if true love can be found in their eyes each day when we get home, then hope will prevail.
Your song touched her heart, I am sure of it, as she sang along from heaven. Make sure you grieve the loss as anyone would with a person, for that is what she was to you, a small helpless, full of love person. Don't accept anyone’s comments as “it was just a pet" instead she was the vessel that carried all the love you showered on her for years. Blessing to you on your journey of grief.
September 18, 2005
Oh Halen, that is so beautiful. Thank you.

Kathy
Anonymous User
September 19, 2005
I thank you for your kind sentiments. I know how this woman feels. There is always 'if I'd only taken the dog in...' and similar type thoughts.
Actully, that was the second cat I had drown. I think I posted the previous incident here a while back...
The other one was deliberately run over by a troubled teen age sprog and thrown into the creek to drown. (He was kicked out by duh.. he had been sent down to him because the drunken moo couldn't handle him.. like drunken duh was going to do any better)
Really went a long way towards improving my attitude towards kids.
Probably just as well the bastard prick was gone. If I'd seen him, he would have been either in the morgue or in the hospital.

However, that detracts from this womans grief... I understand it, and the self 'flaggellation' that results.
September 19, 2005
Shit, if I knew who did that to your cat, I would kick their ass to low hell! YOU DO NOT FUCK WITH SOMEONE'S PET. PERIOD.

Kathy
Nour
September 19, 2005
Kathy, I am so sorry about your sweet Annie girl.
Bless you as you deal with your loss.
:: big hug::
September 19, 2005
Bless you too.

::big hug back to Nour::

Kathy
anoon
September 19, 2005
I am so sorry for your loss of your Annie. ((((Kathy))))
September 19, 2005
(((anoon))) It gets better every day, but I will never forget her.

Kathy
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.