Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GFG Mad Lib

Posted by yurble 
GFG Mad Lib
November 01, 2010
Inspired by Miss H's Fill-in-the-blank single mom blog and the many highlights from GFG's blog, I made three versions, using three of my favorite stories (I was also tempted by the grass-eating and some of the salacious descriptions of food, but this seemed like enough). For the second one I actually wanted the one where she mocked people in the supermarket, but I couldn't find it.

Was originally about: The inherent coolness of root vegetables

Some {category of food - plural} are easy to love. {3 foods in the category} are no-brainers. They are like {simile}. It's easy to see what they have on offer.

But {a couple of other foods in the category} with their {unattractive physical attribute}? They're like the {adjective} girl in school, the one with her own sense of {noun}: {adjective} {noun} and {adjective} {noun}. You think she's too {noun}. But when she starts {verb}, you find out she's {noun} and doesn't give a damn if you {verb} her. Suddenly, she's far more {noun}.

You realize that those other {repeat earlier category of food - plural} are {adjective}.

Was originally about: observing a woman drinking beer

The {wallet name} and I were stopped. We looked over to watch a {adjective} {adjective} {spawn} {verb} on the sidewalk outside a restaurant. When I glanced at his mother, sipping a {drink} and looking {noun}, I pointed her out to {wallet name}. "See that woman?" I said. "She has {a disease}."

"How do you know?" he said, peering at her.

"Look at her {body part}," I said as I gestured. After she lowered her glass of {drink} to the table, we could both see her {adjective} {body part - repeat}, the {adjective} skin around it, the {adjective} eyes. She looked like nearly every photograph of me taken before {length of time} ago.

We had been going through photographs, earlier that {time of day}, as preparation for packing. Mostly, it was an excuse to show each other photographs from our past. As we toured through photographs from my {...}, and the awkward {...}, the mis-begotten {noun} of my {...}, and my time on {...} and in {...}, we were struck by this. In every {cardinal number} photograph I look {adjective} and {adjective}, {color} and {adjective} {noun}. "You must have eaten {period of time} before this one," he said of a particularly bad photograph, my face as {color} and {color} as {simile}. Even photographs of me at {age} look like I'm in the middle of a {disease, noun, or adjective} episode.

"That woman has {disease}," he said, after he looked at her for a moment. As we started to drive away, I wished that I could somehow stop, and tell her, "Please put down that drink. {preachy phrase}."

Was originally about: ginger

The smell of {adjective} {noun} is one of my favorite {...} experiences in the world. Lean down toward the {noun} and drink in the sharp whiff of {adjective} {adjective} {verb made into a noun} and everything else {cliche}. No matter where I am, or how {...}, that smell brings me right {...}. I had to give {shitling name} that experience.

Since she was {age, in minutes} old, and home from the {place}, we have been putting {noun} under {shitling name}'s {body part}. During those first {amount of time}, she lay in a {noun} as we {verb} on the other side of the kitchen. Now, she sits in her {noun}, {verb} her {bodypart} in time to the music playing and we are all {verb} together. At first, sniffing was a passive experience. Now, she leans in, takes real whiffs, repeatedly, and smiles. She's not fond of {noun} or {noun}. But {noun}, {noun}, and {noun}? Those make her {bodypart} go {...}, and she leans back in for another smell.

I snapped off a {part} of {something}, tucking the other part in the bottom of our cart. Removing a {adjective} {noun} or two, I sniffed the {something}, and then passed it under {shitling name}'s nose. Her {body part} {verb} as she gulped in the air before her. She looked at me, and then {did something}. She sniffed and sniffed, transfixed. And then she threw her {body part} {verb} and let out a {adjective} {type of noise}, a {description} sound of {...} and {...}.

{wallet name} rushed back, {noun - plural} in his {body part}. "Was that her?"

"It was," I said, {bodily fluid} {optional: verb} in my {body part}. "She loved this smell."

Re: GFG Mad Lib
November 01, 2010
The one about the supermarket can be found by googling her blog for "the way we eat around here." Unless she's removed it. I got a "page not found" when I looked for it the other day.
November 01, 2010
Ok, I'm in. I had my husband blindly help with about half of it, so it's a little bit strange:

The Bogart and I were stopped. We looked over to watch a simple, idiotic crotchfruit fuck on the sidewalk outside a restaurant. When I glanced at his mother, sipping a Tom Collins and looking sour, I pointed her out to Bogart. "See that woman?" I said. "She has Restless Leg Syndrome."

"Look at her bottom lip," I said as I gestured. After she lowered her glass of Tom Collins to the table, we could both see her leery bottom lip, the droopy skin around it, the crazy eyes. She looked like nearly every photograph of me taken before 10 days ago.

We had been going through photographs, earlier that afternoon, as preparation for packing. Mostly, it was an excuse to show each other photographs from our past. As we toured through photographs from my visit to the local nursing home, and the awkward chicken dance at the bar downtown, the mis-begotten haircut of my 7th grade year, and my time on methamphetamines and in London, we were struck by this. In every 5th photograph I look swollen and sexy, purple and bitchy cat. "You must have eaten a day before this one," he said of a particularly bad photograph, my face as black and pink as Gandalf. Even photographs of me at 28 look like I'm in the middle of a Jaundice episode.

"That woman has Restless Leg Syndrome," he said, after he looked at her for a moment. As we started to drive away, I wished that I could somehow stop, and tell her, "Please put down that drink. What would Jesus do?"
November 01, 2010
CatsPajamas
Ok, I'm in. I had my husband blindly help with about half of it, so it's a little bit strange:

Perhaps my instructions need adjusting, but I think it all made sense, except for I look swollen and sexy, purple and bitchy cat. It made me laugh, anyway!

Going to ask my SO to contribute one. I didn't tell him what he was contributing to, so it reads rather oddly.

The smell of cheap perfume is one of my favorite blue experiences in the world. Lean down toward the fart and drink in the sharp whiff of large gray park and everything else I don't know. No matter where I am, or how strong, that smell brings me right to Peru. I had to give Janet Jackson that experience.

Since she was 10^6 minutes old, and home from the Alps, we have been putting experience under Janet's Achilles heel. During those first jiffies, she lay in a forest as we stereotyped on the other side of the kitchen. Now, she sits in her dictionary, sculpting her hand in time to the music playing and we are all masticate together. At first, sniffing was a passive experience. Now, she leans in, takes real whiffs, repeatedly, and smiles. She's not fond of dinner or lamps. But cats, windows, and bars? Those make her hippocampus remember, and she leans back in for another smell.

I snapped off a sodium of a catalyst, tucking the other part in the bottom of our cart. Removing a warm sodium or two, I sniffed the catalyst, and then passed it under Janet's nose. Her eye blinked as she gulped in the air before her. She looked at me, and then procreated. She sniffed and sniffed, transfixed. And then she threw her hair loose and let out a preposterous squeal, a smothering sound of Africa and slaves.

John rushed back, heart in his torso. "Was that her?"

"It was," I said, blood flowing in my skin. "She loved this smell."
November 01, 2010
Yeah, the wording was a bit awkward. We had fun with it, though!
November 02, 2010
Some squash are easy to love. Zucchini, butternut, and acorn are no-brainers. They are like naughty bits. It's easy to see what they have on offer.

But pumpkins with their roundness? They're like the fat girl in school, the one with her own sense of fakeness: orange face and doughy ass. You think she's too overdone. But when she starts deluding herself that she's unique, you find out she's a poser and doesn't give a damn if you try to outdo her. Suddenly, she's far more competitive.

You realize that those other squash are dicks.

The Human Marionette and I were stopped. We looked over to watch a happy, normal-headed tyke breakdance on the sidewalk outside a restaurant. When I glanced at his mother, sipping a water and looking gorgeous, I pointed her out to The Human Marionette. "See that woman?" I said. "She has low self-esteem."

"Look at her tits," I said as I gestured. After she lowered her glass of water to the table, we could both see her globe-like chest, the taut skin around it, the clear eyes. She looked like nearly every photograph of me taken before never ago.

We had been going through photographs, earlier that daybreak, as preparation for packing. Mostly, it was an excuse to show each other photographs from our past. As we toured through photographs from my fat period, and the awkward butterfly rash, the mis-begotten cellulite of my backside, and my time on Ho Hos and in a vat of lard, we were struck by this. In every 1 photograph I look bloated and self-important, maroon and an uncomfortable mess. "You must have eaten 3 minutes before this one," he said of a particularly bad photograph, my face as magenta and burgundy as the cheap wine I'm too snooty to drink. Even photographs of me at 3 days look like I'm in the middle of a bender or psychotic episode.

"That woman has low-self-esteem," he said, after he looked at her for a moment. As we started to drive away, I wished that I could somehow stop, and tell her, "Please put down that drink. Water can never make you as beautiful and perfect as I am."

The smell of dirty diaper is one of my favorite moo experiences in the world. Lean down toward the crack and drink in the sharp whiff of acrid baby crapping and everything else sugar and spice. No matter where I am, or how public, that smell brings me right back to why I am more in love with my child than my husband. I had to give Lucy Lightbulbhead that experience.

Since she was 2 minutes old, and home from the birthing pool, we have been putting poo under LL's nostrils. During those first few seconds, she lay in a ball as we laughed on the other side of the kitchen. Now, she sits in her litterbox, poking her butthole in time to the music playing and we are all poking together. At first, sniffing was a passive experience. Now, she leans in, takes real whiffs, repeatedly, and smiles. She's not fond of freshness or cleanliness. But urine, feces, and vomit? Those make her bowels go boom, and she leans back in for another smell.

I snapped off a sprig of mint, tucking the other part in the bottom of our cart. Removing a green leaf or two, I sniffed the mint, and then passed it under LL's nose. Her nostrils quivered as she gulped in the air before her. She looked at me, and then gave me the finger. She sniffed and sniffed, transfixed. And then she threw her tiny hand and let out a chastising growl, an animalistic sound of litterbox-longing and diaper-soiling.

The Human Marionette rushed back, suppositories in his fist. "Was that her?"

"It was," I said, leaking in my chest. "She loved this smell."
Anonymous User
November 02, 2010
I heart yurble soooo much!

:biggrin2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login