Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extended nursing memento

Posted by yurble 
Extended nursing memento
November 02, 2010
I saw this on Regretsy and immediately thought of some earlier threads where we discussed how extended breastfeeding is more for the mawms.

http://www.regretsy.com/2010/11/01/wtf-alchemy-request-56

OP, who has a three-year-old daughter, wants to buy custom-made jewelry: I have been practicing extended nursing with my daughter. She is ready to wean but is feeling a little sad about giving up her connection to me physically. She has asked me to give her a little piece of myself for her to keep with her always. This made me think of the hair lockets lovers used to wear when separated...

Regresty commentary: Jesus woman, get a grip. Your three year old doesn’t need a fucking lover’s locket with your hair in it. She’s taking nap, not going to Kosovo. Maybe we should think about raising kids who are not having panic attacks over weaning when they’re old enough to tell you what they want engraved on their jewelry...

Selected comments (there are plenty of other good ones) I weep for the future of humanity. But I must confess to being relieved she didn’t want to put a snip of her nipple in the locket.

Why must she “give up her connection” with you physically? Why not, I dunno, sit her on your lap and read books with her? Why not have cuddle time? Must there be a nipple in her mouth for the two of you to have (pardon my want of better word) an intimate connection?

Forever. Because mommy’s magic nipple dribbles made her so much wiser than her 3 years that she’s able to understand something other than “now”...

I can understand how her daughter would be upset about giving up the physical connection; when we cut my son’s umbilical cord, he didn’t talk to me for a year!

This broad must not read regretsy, otherwise she would have made a love connection with this seller: http://www.etsy.com/listing/58399504/tiny-tear-drop-milk-pendant ... Screenshot of this link below.

Let me check the developmental charts….yep, three is just about the age that they can finally fend off Mom as she chases them around Gymboree, whipping out a tit, and insisting Her Little Precious must be thirsty by now. Two was when she was mortified by the embarassment, but not yet strong nor quick enough.

As a nursing mother, I’d like us all to just stop for a second and consider the miracle that is lactation. It’s right up there with all those other amazing abilities like, say, blinking voluntarily or bladder control....

Even proponents of extended nursing think this woman gives them a bad name: OK, I’m totally not ashamed to admit that I nursed my daughter til she was somewhere between 4 and 5 (obviously didn’t memorialize it sufficiently or I’d have a specific date). ... I had no problem nursing my baby wherever, but a big kid like this–I don’t think so.

Nutcases like this give the rest of us a bad name. You know what really creeped me out about this request?–”the hair lockets lovers used to wear when separated.” Ick. She’s not your lover, she’s your CHILD.

Re: Extended nursing memento
November 02, 2010
Here's a screenshot of the object that one of the posters recommended from Etsy. Text reads (sorry, I can't post a larger image, it exceeds allowed file size):
Tiny Tear Drop Milk Pendant - $65.00

Made from your own breastmilk, this beautiful pendant will last as a visual keepsake of your precious nursing experience.

To read more about the process please visit this link: http://hollydaydesigns.blogspot.com/2010/02/milk-pendant-information.html.

This listing is for a tiny diamond milk pendant with one small teardrop milk bead inside. The small diamond pendants measure 3/4".

Following that link she gave to her website, you get many more pictures of necklaces, and text like:
Breastfeeding has changed my life, expanded my mind, and connected me to my boys in ways I could have never imagined. I am so very passionate about my children and amazed that my milk has helped them grow so beautifully. What an extraordinary power to MAKE MILK, and I woud do anything to preserve that forever. These beautiful pendants do just that, and last as a visual keepsake that you can pass to your children as they become parents. To see that precious milk preserved forever is beautiful to me and I hope you agree.

Really, you'd do anything? Anything at all? I wouldn't do anything at all to get this necklace. Also, this necklace does not help you retain your power to make milk forever. To gain that 'superpower,' you need to be nursed by a radioactive yummy mummy.

I will put great care and respect to preserve YOUR milk as an everlasting keepsake to your precious nursing expierence. Please know that I will in fact use YOUR milk, as I would expect the same in trusting someone with my own as it is something so personal. From one mama to another, you can trust me.

How much care will you put into your typing? I'm guessing you won't even run a spell-check for me. I trust you not to care about anything as unimportant as communicating through the English language, because you are a mama.

The milk bead is placed within resin that makes it water resistant, but please try to keep it away from standing water or frequent water exposure. With something so precious my greatest recommendation is to treat it like your pearls - take it off before showering or sleeping, then putting it back on to start your day. It is also recommended that you keep exposure to light at a minimum when not in use to preserve the natural color of the milk, also prevent exposure to extreme heat.

Treat it like you would treat your loins! Guard them from any intrusion, unless, of course, you want another baby.

I only need a small amount of milk, aprox one tablespoon, and it needs to be shipped securely in a sealed bag, breastmilk bags have worked well as they are thick (double bagging is helpful). Making a recycled mailer with cardboard is also helpful as it will protect against punctures, I have also had mamas simply send in a letter envelope too with no issues.

Bodily fluids in the mail? I give up.

November 02, 2010
two faces puking two faces puking

lab mom
November 02, 2010
waving hellolarious

A MILK momento? MY GOD that's puketastic! I feel sorry for the kyd who is made to wear one of those HIDEOUS things around it's neck to school.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
November 02, 2010
Anything to remember this sweet, sweet, forbidden incestuous love affair by. eye rolling smiley

Hey, they save semen, too?
Anonymous User
November 03, 2010
Nah,they can't keep semen 'cause that'd be holding a sibling hostage!You killed all those 1/2 baybee2!!!!!!!!Hmmm,now THERE'S a thoughtthumbs upwink
November 03, 2010
This is just too weird but you know what, someone is making money on this. It wouldn't surprise me if they weren't even custom items, but just a bunch of pendants with some white stuff in them made for a few pennies each by political prisoners in China, and sold for 100 times that.

Breeders will spend money on anything.

JD
November 03, 2010
Extended BF is just sick. These moos need help, not necklaces filled with their goo.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
November 04, 2010
why fret over weaning when you can just make cheese from it? then you can use your fucking tit juice in her grilled cheese sandwich

(wtf is it with baby fetishes???)
November 05, 2010
JohnDrake
This is just too weird but you know what, someone is making money on this. It wouldn't surprise me if they weren't even custom items, but just a bunch of pendants with some white stuff in them made for a few pennies each by political prisoners in China, and sold for 100 times that.

Breeders will spend money on anything.

JD
They're the factory seconds, with flaws like that. Mr. T: I pitty tha foolongue2
November 05, 2010
The woman probably sits at her kitchen table with a little bottle of white-out, making these necklaces and laughing to herself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login