Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)

Posted by zeropop 
Good morning!

I've been lurking since the old board. I checked about a month ago and I'm glad to see it has come back! smiling smiley

About me - I'm a 25 year old female, about three years into my career which is going quite well. Childfree by choice, single and enjoying my younger years right now. Live in the Philly area.

Anyways, it's refreshing to see women my age, younger and older, all like me in that the whole life script is a sham.

Looking forward to posting more smiling smiley
:1welcome
:1welcome everyone!
It's nice to be amongst like minded people. I look forward to talking on the forum and getting to know some fellow cf people. It's like there non existent where I am. So I just wanted to say hi!thumbs upwink
Hello

I've been lurking for a little while but finally got round to registering. I love this board! It's great to have a place to blow off steam without having to censor myself before I type. Yeay!
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
February 09, 2011
:1welcome geekie and cfgal!

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
HI everyone. I have been a lurker here for a very long time. I most likely not post much but I do enjoy reading what you all have to say. I like knowing I am not alone in this baby crazed world!!
Hello, had lurked here for a few weeks following an amazingly annoying visit from brother and sister in law and young fam. Great site!
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
February 26, 2011
Hi, all! I was around before the board disappeared last year. I'm glad it's back. Decided it was time to make it official and get registered. smiling smiley

I'm 36 year old, female, and single. I discovered childfreedom through the old Brats board and CFBC delphiforums, and haven't looked back since.
Hi I'm Laenri, 24 from the North East of England, 100% CF of course! Hi guys!
I decided to register after reading topics and comments for a few days. I found this website while looking up the phrase I do not want kids. I found the word childfree and looked into what that means. I was glad to see that there are others out there just like me. I hope to have a good time here.
Hi - I was registered, unregistered and lurking, now registered again. I wanted to share a video I made on the family sticker threads smiling smiley
drinking coffee
Hi. I confess, I have been a lurker for a few years. Never felt like I had anything I wanted to say before, just enjoyed reading the thoughts and observations of others out there like myself.

But my tipping point came because too much of this pro-natalist society is pissing me off these days and I really need to vent.

I'm now ready to share my own observations and opinions here. So, hello everyone!
March 29, 2011
Welcome, Filthy! :1welcome

I hope you find this place as therapeutic and cathartic as most of us do. It's an oasis of reason (usually, LOL) in our breeder-centric, baby-rabid society.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
Hello, all

Exiting about 2 years of lurking. For christmas this year, my husband surprised me with an appt for a vasectomy. Needless to say, this was one of the best presents ever. We live in a log cabin on a lake with one adopted cat, a dog we adopted from Russia, and our bloodhound. Our life is quite peaceful and a kid would just blow that all to hell.
Hi all! I just registered here, and it looks pretty fun! This forum should be quite therapeutic for me. Anyhow, to introduce myself: I'm a 23 year old female, and recent college graduate searching for my career at the moment. I am also childfree by choice, for many different reasons. It always makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one who feels the way I do about not having kids- I just never wanted any, and that whole "traditional" type of life has always been unappealing to me- I just want a career, nice home, and my pet bird to happy and safe with lots of attention.

Glad to be here!
April 03, 2011
Welcome!
Hi everyone! I'm a 27yo CF lurker who visits pretty much every day. Unfortunately I'm not much for posting because I just can't put my thoughts into words as well as others on here. But it is very therapeutic to be able to come here and read what the like-minded have to say. I've known since childhood that I never wanted kids and I'd be a bad parent. Sadly nearly 20 years after having come to that decision, I'm still having to defend it in front of parents, friends, coworkers, doctors...you name it!

Aside from that I enjoy my career, my pets and my peaceful home. Glad to be here! thumbs upwink
Hi. Nice to meet everyone. My partner and I are in our 40s and have been together for 10 years. Neither of us were able to have any children, and while I would have liked to, I have enough nieces, nephews, and grandnieces at the present time to keep me happy (and they all live at least 1200 miles away). We have two cats as well as a Chihuahua who is like a perpetual 2-year-old. Our other Chihuahua (much older and milder mannered!) passed on 6 months ago. I found out about this forum through the Ina Garten thread (as I am a big fan of hers) and thought I'd stick around.
Hello, everybody,

I'm 30, female, been CF pretty much from childhood. In fact I'm starting to believe that, like that Gaga song, I was born this way. I've been with my boyfriend for nearly 8 years. I'm a loner, I like books and listening to music and generally am very cynical. Red is my favourite colour, hence the username.

I live in Manchester, UK
April 19, 2011

I lurked for quite some time too before joining. This place is cathartic, like CrabCake says.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
April 19, 2011
kidlesskim

I lurked for quite some time too before joining. This place is cathartic, like CrabCake says.

Yes, it is. Also, the many different threads each day kick ass Thank you

:jump :bal
Hi, everyone! I registered a long time ago on this site when it was resurrected after Aimoo was a brief respite from the old Bratfree. Before, my history consisted of lurking for a while in 2009 to 2010 as unregistered Gwynn until I registered as GwynntheBratwurst. I commented for a while, but I decided to take a personal absence due to a divorce and dealing with a mother who has lung cancer issues. I am now able to accept personal posts, but on a limited basis.
Hello all - Another lurker turned poster here. I'm 24. I decided to go child-free at age 5. That's when I saw a video of a lady giving birth naturally. Freddy didn't scare me as much that video did. I've always gone against the norm. No husband, 2.5 brats, McMansion, two cars for me. I'll take the dog and cat, though. I am a willing slave to a couple of four-legged friends. I have an obsession with Cary Grant films, hockey and Daft Punk. Ta-ta.
Anonymous User
Hey I finally registered!
May 02, 2011
Move if necessary ok? Thanks!

Where to start? Oh yeah I'm posting cause I am SO FREAKING SICK of the neighbor kids! Letting your kids SCREAM all day long? UNCOOL! Don't tell me it's "too hard to keep track of them" 1) don't breed more than you can watch 2) have them play in the BACK yard (which I KNOW your house has) instead of the STREET (so I have to keep calling the cops cause the little one is SO going to get HIT!) and 3) it's not THAT hard, the other guy in the neighborhood with kids raised GOOD kids! They are RESPECTFUL, nice, and HELPFUL! Plus when their dad is over here hanging out they know THEY aren't invited. Haha. Luckily I don't have to say anything usually, the PNB next door takes care of it for me. winking smiley

Oh and a little intro, I'm 26 married nearly 6 years, 2 cats, 2 dogs (rescued pitties), I'm a housewife (due to health issues mostly). Due to being CF we have a GREAT life! Hubs works 4 extra long days so we have 3 free days/week (he works weekends too since it's more $ and we don't have to deal with daycare or anything we can!). We like hiking, visiting breweries, playing with the dogs, riding horses with my family, uh.... what else? That's all I can think of.

If this doesn't make too much sense... well... I'm a few beers into drowning out the neighborhood. Ok they went in an hour or so ago but still! Enjoying the CF life! YAY NO BABIES!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login