Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)

Posted by zeropop 
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
July 05, 2011
yurble
It's nice to see some new people in Europe (blackpearl & juggsbunny)--not that I don't like people from the US & Canada as well, but I look forward to more posts being made while I'm awake!

Don't get to comfortable with that. I believe this is being worked out in the UN since the "stolen election" of 2000

To the citizens of the United States of America, In the light of your
failure to elect a President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we
hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective today.

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over
all states, commonwealths and other territories. Except Utah, which she
does not fancy. Your new prime minister (The rt. hon. Tony Blair, MP for
the 97.85% of you who have until now been unaware that there is a world
outside your borders) will appoint a minister for America without the need
for further elections. Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A
questionnaire will be circulated next year to determine whether any of you
noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown Dependency, the following rules
are introduced with immediate effect:

1. You should look up "revocation" in the Oxford English Dictionary. Then
look up "aluminium". Check the pronunciation guide. You will be amazed at
just how wrongly you have been pronouncing it. Generally, you should raise
your vocabulary to acceptable levels. Look up "vocabulary". Using the same
twenty seven words interspersed with filler noises such as "like" and "you
know" is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. Look up
"interspersed".

2. There is no such thing as "US English". We will let Microsoft know on
your behalf.

3. You should learn to distinguish the English and Australian accents. It
really isn't that hard.

4. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as the
good guys.

5. You should relearn your original national anthem, "God Save The Queen",
but only after fully carrying out task 1. We would not want you to get
confused and give up half way through.

6. You should stop playing American "football". There is only one kind of
football. What you refer to as American "football" is not a very good game.

The 2.15% of you who are aware that there is a world outside your borders
may have noticed that no one else plays "American" football. You will no
longer be allowed to play it, and should instead play proper football.
Initially, it would be best if you played with the girls. It is a difficult
game. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby
(which is similar to American "football", but does not involve stopping for
a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like
nancies). We are hoping to get together at least a US rugby sevens side by

7. You should declare war on Quebec and France, using nuclear weapons if
they give you any trouble. The 98.85% of you who were not aware that there
is a world outside your borders should count yourselves lucky. The Russians
have never been the bad guys.

8. July 4th is no longer a public holiday. November 8th will be a new
national holiday, but only in England. It will be called "Indecisive Day".

9. All American cars are hereby banned. They are rubbish and it is for
your own good. When we show you German cars, you will understand what we mean.

10. Please tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us crazy.

Thank you for your cooperation.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Hi. I lurked a little bit here before I register. My name is Isabelle and I'm 34 years old. I live near Montreal and I hate breeders who thinks that the world revolves around them. I also do not like the attitude of lots of parents of today to give applause to every silly things the kid does such as farts or burps. My first language is French so I excuse myself at first if you read some mistakes in some of my messages.
Anonymous User
Re: Another lurker emerges
July 06, 2011
Hello, I now became a member of this community here and I would love to be a part of it. Just enjoy the environment here

lab mom
Hiya new here. Just another happily CF-er living in the midwest.
Hello, all! I've been lurking here and there on here and other sites, and I'm so happy to know that I have a community out there that knows exactly what I go through dealing with parental units and children. I look forward to all the interesting venting that we all can do. Yay! :bal
I'm very happy to be back. I've posted here as a guest and have lurked for a long time. The other boards I frequent are full of breeders, so it's impossible to actually tell it like it is. I don't dislike kids, but I'm tired of breeders letting their lil' screamers run around in public and assuming others have to take it.

Oh, and I'm never-married. I've dated men older than me who have college age kids but men with young children? Forget it.
Howdy peoples! I was on this board once before then it crashed for a bit and I guess it lost my profile? Anywho, I have been lurking around since then and decided to join back up. The misses and I are proud to be childfree, though all of our friends went the other direction and have several each. That being the case, they have no time for us these days. To heck with them and their little brats! thumbs upwink
This thread is being used to watch us. Look at the numbers.
lurker coming forward from the shadows...

here's what i enjoy:

martinis
clothes without spit-up stains
a house that doesn't smell like diapers
my 2 large, friendly mutts
playing the cello
reading
having intelligent adult conversation
attending plays, drag shows, concerts, ballets, gay bingo, etc.
going on fun vacations with mr. minkoff
peace & quiet

here's what i don't enjoy:

the smell of wet diapers
parents who pick up their babies and sniff their butts to determine if a change is in order
unruly children in movies theaters, expensive restaurants, bars, etc.
kids who walk around with their finger in their nose and then touch things
women who talk about childbirth while i'm eating
parents who talk about their kids' diapers anywhere
trying to have a conversation with someone while their kid is jumping up & down between us
bratty kids with oblivious parents
oblivious parents with bratty kids

i live/work in a rainy city with mr. minkoff, 2 large doggies, my cello and my sanity.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

if it takes a village to raise a child then imma move to another village.
Hi Everyone! This forum rocks. I'm child free because i love my life the way it is- happy marriage, successful career, peaceful home, disposable income etc etc. Why fuck it up just to follow the crowd? I'm glad to meet you all anyway. I live in Australia.
Hello everyone. I can't tell you how glad I am to find this forum. I knew I wasn't the only CF person in the world, but it was starting to feel like it.ranting I've spent a couple of days looking through the posts on here, and I recognise sooo many of the rants. I thought I was a chilled kind of 'live and let live' person, but now I realise there is a very deep vein of rantyness that's been waiting to be tapped. :sbx

I've never wanted kids, and got Bingo'd plenty to start with, but after 14 years of marriage that seems to have died down a bit. Maybe it's because people think I'm so unattractive that I ought not to breed anyway, or maybe it's the 'fuck off and die' face I pull everytime anyone asks me about having kids these days. Either way, I have truly lost any desire to explain myself to breeders, they don't have the capacity to understand, so I'm looking forward to visiting this site more often where I can be amongst people who 'get it'.

I'm booked to discuss sterilisation with the doc tomorrow morning too - wish me luck.
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
July 19, 2011
Good luck, sammy!
Hi
I'm a 31 year old female living in Calgary, Canada!
Hi everyone! Feel like I can finally be the real me go once! I'm to the point I can't stand to be.around children'even the good quiet ones lately. Just having them n the same room drives me crazy and stresses me out. Well I'm stupid and stuck in a marraige with a husband.that must reproduce to.be fullfilled apperantly. His.mother is up my ass too. "All she ever.wanted was to be a mother." Good lord, I wanted to be an astronaut, marine biologist,showgirl, philanthropist. Hell dream a little. His sister is kid crazy also and has popped out 4 of them and then bitches.and is always grumpy hatefully and holds grudges against.everyone. they are all totally pissed at me and treat me like a freak. Finally told my.parents im NEVER having kids. My dad.really wants grandkids but he and my mom have been supportive.of.my choice. I'm terrified of.getting a divorce and starting my life.over again but I know freedom and adventure and peace and quiet are out there waiting! Truely scared of the torment, lies, gossip that my.sister in.law.and.mother in law will spew because"I wasted 5 years of his life and mislead him". Well it "waisted 5 yrs of MY life too! When we married.he new.I didn't have baby fever and I always.thought I would "eventually" want kids. Over the yes I have come to almost hate.kids. So here I.am. Just happy to talk with like minded people who won't wonder " whats wrong " with me and look me like I have 2 heads.
There's certainly nothing "wrong" with you, cfdreamer. You sound like the only sensible person in your family!
Hey bowie, I'm sort of in the same boat.u were. In the very near future I too will probably b separated, well divorced from my husband of 5 yrs. He thinks he must reproduce. I cringe and become physically sick at the thought of just giving in so that his mother and everyone else will shut the fuck up. Not sure we could b friends though. he thinks I'm selfish immature weird mentally ill and all those other bingos for not wanting a brat. Any advice you have would be.much appreciated. Hope all is well for you.
Hi everyone I'm new here nice to meet you all!
Welcome! I've only been here 6 days but man it feels good! Finally feel accepted for my CF choice.
Hey there
July 27, 2011
Hey there...

I'm Chris, I live in New York and I decide to live happily childfree after working in maternal/child health for awhile. I couldn't take it. The moms and kids drove me nuts. I imagine it would have been better years ago before Indigo children and attachment parenting, but now it's just out of control. Don't get me started on vaccines or we'll be here all day. I can't stand the anti-vaccine people.

Now I am in psych and it's so much better.

Well, I am looking forward to some good conversation.

= )
Re: Hey there
July 27, 2011
Welcome! Love your username.
July 27, 2011
There's nothing like personal experience shaping your worldview. :1welcome
July 27, 2011
Thanks for the welcome!

I was on the fence before working in maternal/child health. Then I worked in the NICU, and I had kids who screamed...no joke...for 11 of the 12 hours that I was in there. And it was more than one kid. Other nurses would be like, OMG poor little baby, don't you feel so bad? And I would just want to roll the kid out into the hall so I would have some quiet. That was the beginning of my end of sitting on the fence.

Maternal people don't want to roll screaming babies into the hallway. They want to comfort them. LOL!

Forget about general pediatrics. I've *always* hated any kid who was over a year. Anytime I got floated into the PICU, I hated it, too. If they can talk, they can whine. And the parents are SO MUCH WORSE.

Gimme psych any day! = )
July 27, 2011
surfinbird
And I would just want to roll the kid out into the hall so I would have some quiet. That was the beginning of my end of sitting on the fence.

waving hellolarious

I have an ex husband who is/was a wannabreeder and we used to be fundy churchgoers. Anytime you go to fundy church and you're a woman, you're expected to volunteer in the church nursery. That was the beginning of the end of my sitting on the fence! The screaming, crying, toy throwing, and diaper blowouts were more than I could take. And the most awesome part of it was my ex thought that me being in the nursery would increase my maternal instinct. LOL!!!

BTW I love Psych too. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login