Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)

Posted by zeropop 
Anonymous User
Re: hello all
July 14, 2014
Noooooo! This was supposed to go on the intro thread. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
Maybe I can delete and start again?
July 14, 2014
benry
Noooooo! This was supposed to go on the into thread. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
Maybe I can delete and start again?

Hey benry! Welcome to our board. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure the mods will move this into the intro thread.
Anonymous User
July 14, 2014
Ok, thanks mumofsixbirds for your comment and your welcome!!

I'm a little less :smn and little more just :redface now!
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
July 14, 2014
Welcome benry!

You sound like one of us and I think you'll enjoy yourself here very much.

Look forward to your posts:1welcome

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
Hi, benry!

:1welcome :jump

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
July 14, 2014
:1wv Waving Hi to all our new folks! :1wv

Benry
One summer I mistakenly decided to be a camp counselor. The whining from the brats was intolerable and the worst of it came from one particular snot nosed punk who couldn't keep moaning on and on about how much he hated nature camp. So one day I just looked at him deadpan and said, "Ok, go home then." Of course, I was just trying to rub it in that he had no control over his miserable life, but I didn't realize he only lived a mile or so away and he actually....went home. They spent hours looking for him and somehow (I'll never know how) didn't find out it was my fault or throw me in jail for neglect or abuse of the poor wittle sneauxflayke.

I LOVE THIS! grinning smiley As a Veteran of a Para Military Org - The Girl Scouts - I understand. And I was in a 'hard core' troop too - like Survivalist level. Erg. It wasn't that much fun. I remember being burned alot, attempting to cook crap in an old coffee can or tin foil pie plate over an open fire will do that to you.

Girl Scout Camp! Girl Scout Camp!
The counselors they give you, they say are mighty fine - but when you look upon them - they look like Frankenstein!
Oh, I don't wanna go to Girl Scout Camp! Gee Ma I wanna go, but they won't let me go, gee Ma I wanna go HO O OME!

grinning smiley LOL - any mention of "Camp" brings back all types of memories. Usually of getting burnt or rained on. And or assorted brawls. Girls don't fight? Think again. The wilderness seems to inspire fist fights, for some reason.

@ Screaming Sausage - I like your new Doggie pic - I am 'screen named' after my neighbor's Dachshund Zelda. (We're not affiliated with the Son of Sam grinning smiley )

Welcome again All! smiling smiley
drake
ihatewhinybrats2
For some reason I couldn't sign into my last account it wasn't recognizing my password or anything so i had to sign back up.

So what was the name of your last account so that we may try to recognize you?
It was ihatewhinybrats with no number in it like this one.
July 15, 2014
ihatewhinybrats2
drake
ihatewhinybrats2
For some reason I couldn't sign into my last account it wasn't recognizing my password or anything so i had to sign back up.

So what was the name of your last account so that we may try to recognize you?
It was ihatewhinybrats with no number in it like this one.

I recognize you.

Welcome back:1welcome

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
Welcome, benry. Amusing story.

My senior year of high school I worked at a Santa booth at the maul. Yes, a Santa Booth. I was an early articulator but the experience was a defining moment of CF-dom for me. This was in the 1980's too. I'm sure the parents with whom I dealt were 1/100 as bad as they are now, and they were still obnoxious and awful.
Hello! I am so glad I found this site! I was browsing the web for what to do about a friend who wants to bring her children to my bridal shower and was immediately giddy with excitement when I found a place with people that are like me! I don't necessarily hate children, I just don't like having them forced on me against my will. Everyone always tells me I will change my mind but I am nearly 30, my bio clock has stopped due to medical issues so I can't have my own (even if I wanted them) and adopting someone else's crotchfruit just seems like a horrid concept. Kids are bratty dirty and obnoxious and not something I enjoy, I have made this choice and am very happy about it. Hello all!
Hello...and welcome to our happy little abode!

:jump :1welcome

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
Long-time lurker here. This site is just too full of hilarity to avoid registering any longer. bowing Dr. Drew's recent shoutout put it over the edge for me. Have always HATED that fucker, but now he's gone too far by associating Bratfree with a child killer.

ABOUT ME:

Sex: Female
Anything Else: Ask
Hi everyone! Just signed up. I'm a 27 year old woman in a long term relationship relationship with a 31 year old man. We live in a suburb of NYC. When we were dating in college it was a pleasant surprise for both of us that the other didn't want kids either - actually a huge relief. And we've been together ever since.

In real life I'm usually pretty nice to people with kids - even obnoxious ones. But as time goes on either people are shoving their kids and their awful behavior in people's faces more or I'm just noticing it more. And I joined this forum so that I could kinda gripe about it with like minded people.

Some recent experiences:

The Airplane

I had to take a flight recently, something I usually avoid. But a relative was ill, and I had to be there. And guess what - the same three year old had three - yes three - 20 minute screaming temper tantrums during the 1.5 hour flight there. He was basically shrieking the entire flight. Ironically the baby I was worried about was silent. If I hadn't brought earplugs (which only helped moderately since the little brat was two rows behind me) I probably would have strangled the little monster or at least yelled at the parents. But I just sat there, like the rest of the 100 or so passangers, and suffered silently. I really, really wish there were childfree flights. I'd literally pay double for the guarantee that no screaming, horrible, obnoxious creature, ruin my day. At least at the grocery store, you can leave. You don't have to be subjected to it. But on an airplate, there's nowhere to go (although at one point I did briefly consider asking for a parachute).

The Grocery Store

I was at the grocery store the day before Easter, and of course it was totally packed. I knew what I was in for so I budgeted enough time. If you wait until the day before a major holiday, that's just what happens. So I was waiting online at checkout for about fifteen minutes and finally there was only one person ahead of me. And then this lady ran up to me with a toddler on her hip and said "Can I go? I have a child."

I looked at her for a moment, because I wasn't immediately sure if she was serious. First of all, I had waited my turn. Second of all, if I let her go ahead, I would be inconveniencing about seven people who were behind me on line.

My reply was "Your reproductive choices are really irrelevent. You're going to have to wait your turn, just like the rest of us."

And you know what? Three people behind me on line gave me a thumbs up.
Hi everyone! I'm a 27 year old woman, from Hungary! I think I found this website trough reddits childfree. Some one wrote that on this website they use words like brats and moo and it made me qurious. I love this site. smiling smiley The post that made me register was an article about parents who abused their kids. That helped me alot and that no one is judging me here, because I don't like or love my abusive parents.
I never wanted kids, the good kids bore me to death and I hate the bad ones. I don't find them cute at all, even the babys. I think they are boring and smelly, I just don't know what is cute about them.
Also I'm still fighting everyday with my past, I've been abused emotionally and phisically and unfortunately and it is very hard for me to write it down, but I tried to commit suicide a lot of times and I have a very loving husband, but I realised that nothing can replace a loving parent. That is why I hate when someone is forcing others to become parents. Also there is a bingo, that some people say to you, that "You must had a bad childhood" and I find it hurtful, because I DID have a bad childhood. Why can I say to that? Also, I know that some or a lot of You came from abusive parents. What did help You? Anyway, it is nice to be here. I like the stories here a lot! Sorry for my grammar. :/
July 22, 2014
kitteh
Also there is a bingo, that some people say to you, that "You must had a bad childhood" and I find it hurtful, because I DID have a bad childhood. Why can I say to that? Also, I know that some or a lot of You came from abusive parents. What did help You? Anyway, it is nice to be here. I like the stories here a lot! Sorry for my grammar. :/

It's just another one of those stupid bingos that idiots say, similar to "You hate children." Sure, some childfree people do dislike children, but others like children, and there's no reason for people with either position to have to defend themselves: liking or disliking children is clearly not linked to being childfree, because there are plenty of breeders who say they didn't like children until they had their own.

It's the same with a bad childhood. Some of us had good childhoods, some of us had bad childhoods. Having a bad childhood doesn't make someone CF; I've heard plenty of breeders who had bad childhoods talk about wanting to have children to give them the childhood they never had.

Like all bingos, it just makes no sense. They might as well correlate having green eyes with being CF, there's about as much relationship between that and being CF as there is between having a bad childhood and being CF.
July 22, 2014
kitteh
Also there is a bingo, that some people say to you, that "You must had a bad childhood" and I find it hurtful, because I DID have a bad childhood. Why can I say to that? Also, I know that some or a lot of You came from abusive parents. What did help You? Anyway, it is nice to be here. I like the stories here a lot! Sorry for my grammar. :/

I had a pretty crappy early history and am entering a period of life where it once again rankles. But, I think that's because my mother has become old, ill, mentally frail on top of mentally ill, and very-very-very needy. It's the last part that pisses me off.

She expects her kids (all four of us) to now cater to her and take care of her. I want to say "this is what you reap, being a shitty mother. Your offspring totally resent your helplessness and wonder what makes you think we owe you anything. Because we sure as hell don't."

All the years previous to these last few? *shrug* I had moved past my crappy childhood because of an an early epiphany/declaration. My formative years were beyond my control. I endured what I could not change. Once I became independent, those people who made my life hell could just go fuck themselves, my path was my own to forge. I refused to let my early life circumstances continue.

I, of course, didn't have kids, but my siblings did. My two sisters - especially my older sister - have been successful mothers. So there goes the assumption that a cycle has to continue.

My siblings and I just hope that our mother's life doesn't drag out. I have a smidge of pity for her; she's old and ill and her mental issues have always made her unhappy; but she refused early interventions yet expects us to look after her. Death will be a release for us all.
July 22, 2014
benry
:newb here! (but not new to being childfree)

I've been childfree since...always. Never liked the little buggers, then grew older and started to understand it was the parents that are the problem. Never wanted to be a parent and screw up and breed more little problems for other people to have to tolerate either. Blah blah.. you get the drift.. sensible stuff.

Tangent: is "benry" a reference to a certain awesome character on the series "Lost?"
yurble
kitteh

It's just another one of those stupid bingos that idiots say, similar to "You hate children." Sure, some childfree people do dislike children, but others like children, and there's no reason for people with either position to have to defend themselves: liking or disliking children is clearly not linked to being childfree, because there are plenty of breeders who say they didn't like children until they had their own.

It's the same with a bad childhood. Some of us had good childhoods, some of us had bad childhoods. Having a bad childhood doesn't make someone CF; I've heard plenty of breeders who had bad childhoods talk about wanting to have children to give them the childhood they never had.

Like all bingos, it just makes no sense. They might as well correlate having green eyes with being CF, there's about as much relationship between that and being CF as there is between having a bad childhood and being CF.

Thank You for the answer. Sorry I just saw it today. My father in law is one of the nicest person who I know, but his father who adopted him was a horrible person. Yeah, I was thinking the same, that this is one of the bingo's, what people say when they get angry at You, because of envy.
Dorisan
kitteh

I had a pretty crappy early history and am entering a period of life where it once again rankles. But, I think that's because my mother has become old, ill, mentally frail on top of mentally ill, and very-very-very needy. It's the last part that pisses me off.

She expects her kids (all four of us) to now cater to her and take care of her. I want to say "this is what you reap, being a shitty mother. Your offspring totally resent your helplessness and wonder what makes you think we owe you anything. Because we sure as hell don't."

All the years previous to these last few? *shrug* I had moved past my crappy childhood because of an an early epiphany/declaration. My formative years were beyond my control. I endured what I could not change. Once I became independent, those people who made my life hell could just go fuck themselves, my path was my own to forge. I refused to let my early life circumstances continue.

I, of course, didn't have kids, but my siblings did. My two sisters - especially my older sister - have been successful mothers. So there goes the assumption that a cycle has to continue.

My siblings and I just hope that our mother's life doesn't drag out. I have a smidge of pity for her; she's old and ill and her mental issues have always made her unhappy; but she refused early interventions yet expects us to look after her. Death will be a release for us all.

I'm sorry to hear that You had a bad childhood aswell. friendly hug I just had a dream, that my abusive father died and I was relieved. Unfortunatelly he is still alive, but I haven't seen him since christmas, so atleast I don't see him often and thanks to that article which I mentioned I will cut every contact with him. If one of my parent is going to be so ill, that he or she needs 24 hour care, You can bet that I will just laugh at them. What did You say to Your mother after she said You need to take care of her? I don't think You owe her anything. You didn't asked to be born, it is her fault that she chose a path which she didn't like. I think You shouldn't feel pity for her. It is entirely her fault.
I've been lurking and enjoying this message board for quite a while now but decided to register today. I am in my 40s and most definitely child free! Don't really care to be around them (they make me a little nervous, truth be told) and definitely don't want to be responsible for one on a daily basis.

What prompted me to post today in particular was that my mom and I went for frozen custard at a burger joint today. I warned my mom that we shouldn't sit in the booth adjacent to the one filled with little kids! But we sat there and immediately the littlest one started crying because she saw our ice cream and wanted her mother to get her some! Then she screamed because she wanted her mother to carry her out of the burger place when they were leaving. The mother caved and picked her up after she'd just told her no. Ugh. Every time I see something like that I think to myself that I made the right decision getting that hysterectomy!!!
*waves hello*

I've been lurking here a while, much like a lot of the above posters, but finally decided to register because I'm currently in bed with a 101.2 fever (which really sucks when your normal is in the 97s) that I'm pretty sure I got from my friend's hell spawn on Friday. She was in town and I haven't seen her since college, so we went to the zoo. Omg, 15 minutes and I was ready to strangle one of them, or myself. Afterward we went back to my house and waited for other friends to get off work (who have 2 kids about the same age who are AWESOME). One of the hell spawn started sneezing and coughing, but of course refused any medication and didn't cover his mouth. I have a very long day with a lot of driving scheduled tomorrow and this is the last thing I need! Never wanted kids, survived the usual bingoes (although my parents are great, even though I'm an only child and my mom loooves baybees) and finally got my tubes tied last year at 39 :-)
Hello to our newest newbies!

:1welcome :jump

:partay :GOMIIMOG :GOMIIMOG :GOMIIMOG :GOMIIMOG

Hi all, new here. I'm a 30 something, CF who live I'm the south and is looking forward to ranting, venting and letting off steam.
Greetings,

Just registered after finally reading all the bingoes people posted here. I just can't help but shake my head at some of them for the sheer gall and stupidity of some people. Obviously women get the gears WAY more than guys do about not having children.

I'm a 33-year old man from Canada. Even when I was younger, I never showed any inclination or interest in children. I just can't imagine my life with children, as I'm introverted and enjoy my alone time and peace and quiet. I like travelling, so children would put a damper on things. The fact that the world is overpopulated and screwed up are other reasons why I refuse to have children. Bringing children into the world today is an act of child abuse IMO. At most I'll tolerate children, but I'll never enjoy being around them, even if they are well-behaved. Currently investigating getting myself fixed.
I love this forum! I started lurking here after watching some "news" story about one of a trillion "kid heroes" (seriously, I am having it with even watching TV anymore with all these little heroes running amok!) This little gem of a 9-yr-old was swimming in FLORIDA in a lake clearly marked NO SWIMMING. Little idiot gets attacked by gator, and survives.

HOO FUCKING RAY! Where's my medal and cash prize please, because I have survived my own stupidity in fashions much more extreme that this kid LOL! Anyway, 47 year old happily childfree female, my hobbies include perpetually annoying my feel-good manchild boyfriend/roommate with my cynical attitude and devil-may-care mouthiness. Drinking ranks right up there too smiling smiley Glad to be here! (EMOJIs and GIFs, hooray self-expression!)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login