Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)

Posted by zeropop 
mrs. chinaski
Hi!

I am 34 year-old F.
I came here due to TCFL server error.
I like it here a lot :-)

I'm SAHW so I get a lot of sh*t for 1. not working, 2. not having kyds.

I never wanted to have kyds for many reasons.
1. I don't see anything remotely attractive about a typical family lifestyle.
When I imagine myself living like a "moo" 24/7, I think I would rather be dead.
2. I was always indifferent towards children. In best case, they don't interest me,
in worst case I cannot stand them.
3. tokophobia and needle phobia

This forum is a very welcome addition to my life.
I am happy that I can meet like-minded people at least online!

Welcome! I'm a SAHW too! I do stuff from home, but I am a homebody who suffers from a mild disability. Hubby doesn't mind at all, and I don't care what people think about my lifestyle. The thing is, it works for us.

Your reasons for not wanting kyds are pretty much the same as mine. I'm happy, childfree and enjoy my life. Childfreedom is a wonderful thing! grinning smiley
Hi mumofsixbirds!

Thank you for a warm welcome!

It's great that you enjoy yourself and that you've found a partner
who shares your values!

Reading your post, it looks like we are on the same page :-)
Hi everyone, long time lurker, 1st time poster.

I'm a 28 yo f, CF in a long term CF relationship and loving it. Never wanted kids, never will, but you know that right winking smiley

I've finally joined 'cause it's nice to see I'm not alone. Although I am lucky rarely get ragged on for my choices. I suspect that may be due to a chronic case of bitch face.

I'm currently a full time student (yay!) and I like snark, food and my colony of pets.

mrs. chinaski

My new hero smiling smiley They're only jealous anyhow.

Sooo, a big fat 'hi' to everyone and it's bloody nice to meet you all.
29 year old F. Creeping up on 30 this summer. Found this group via the Childfree by Choice FB group. Some of you may know me from there--I'm the one with the crazy green parrot that sings Guns 'N Roses.

I probably have a book's worth--more like an unabridged dictionary's worth--of reasons that I don't want kyds, but my physical and mental health trump all of them. Pregnancy and childrearing would destroy me, and this goes far beyond stretch marks. Not to mention my own mother could tell I had tokophobia since kindergarten. I never even liked kids much when I was one. I was the 9-year-old fumbling through my dad's old Shakespeare books and having deep philosophical conversations with adults. Now I'm a writer, artist and certified nerd.

I have to ask mumofsixbirds one question: what species in your flock? My Lestat is a Yellow-Naped Amazon.
aes sedai

I have to ask mumofsixbirds one question: what species in your flock? My Lestat is a Yellow-Naped Amazon.

I have a yellow-sided conure and four budgies. My oldest budgie is going on ten years old now.

Your birdie sounds like a blast!

My Conner talks a lot, but sometimes says embarrassing things in front of polite company. blushing
mumofsixbirds
aes sedai

I have a yellow-sided conure and four budgies. My oldest budgie is going on ten years old now.

My Conner talks a lot, but sometimes says embarrassing things in front of polite company. blushing

Aw budgies, my mum has two and they're cute and hillarious in equal measures. They remind me of an old married couple.
mumofsixbirds
aes sedai

Awwww, sounds like an adorable fluffy bunch! I had budgies before Lestat, and one even talked. Lestat also says inappropriate things in front of company; he even talks back to people sometimes. I'm sure he and Conner would have an interesting conversation to say the least!

Aw budgies, my mum has two and they're cute and hillarious in equal measures. They remind me of an old married couple.

I agree with this idea of budgies, I had an Avery of 20 odd budgies as a older kid, with nesting boxes and trees inside it, they always sounded like they were having the biggest arguments, after I caught a cockateel on the outside of the Avery, my family soon brought in more of them and we had less and less budgies sad smiley . but god the cockateels songs they'd whistle for hours was beautiful.

I kept a nearly pure white with just the lightest beige wing speckels as my personal little lady, well past my teens till she passed on in my early adulthood. Birds can be the nicest company, I still catch myself leaving food out at home for the local bird life just to sit and watch them.
I like birds a lot. They are such happy, positive beings :-)

I used to have a budgie for 10 years, it was my best friend.

@chicken: How nice of you :-) But it's not what it seems. We are normal people, i.e. not rich.
Welcome!
mumofsixbirds
mrs. chinaski
Hi!

I am 34 year-old F.
I came here due to TCFL server error.
I like it here a lot :-)

I never wanted to have kyds for many reasons.
1. I don't see anything remotely attractive about a typical family lifestyle.
When I imagine myself living like a "moo" 24/7, I think I would rather be dead.
2. I was always indifferent towards children. In best case, they don't interest me,
in worst case I cannot stand them.
3. tokophobia and needle phobia

This forum is a very welcome addition to my life.
I am happy that I can meet like-minded people at least online!

Welcome! I'm a SAHW too! I do stuff from home, but I am a homebody who suffers from a mild disability. Hubby doesn't mind at all, and I don't care what people think about my lifestyle. The thing is, it works for us.

Your reasons for not wanting kyds are pretty much the same as mine. I'm happy, childfree and enjoy my life. Childfreedom is a wonderful thing! grinning smiley

Another SAHW here! Being in the workplace was causing severe anxiety from all the backstabbing and bullying from other women. My husband enjoys taking care of his wife and I enjoy looking after our home. I'm surprised that I am happy with this lifestyle as I was once a raging feminist.

I don't want children for many reasons. I am completely disgusted by the thought of a person growing inside me and the idea of giving birth makes me sick. I don't want to be tied down with a child; I enjoy my freedom and my quiet time immensely. I also love the way my husband and I have so much time to nurture our marriage.

I do like well behaved and sweet kids but only when they can go back to their parents.
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
April 25, 2015
noneforus
Another SAHW here! Being in the workplace was causing severe anxiety from all the backstabbing and bullying from other women. My husband enjoys taking care of his wife and I enjoy looking after our home. I'm surprised that I am happy with this lifestyle as I was once a raging feminist.

I don't think that not having a job means you can't be a feminist. Previously, when I attended school, my SO supported us. Now we moved for my career and he hasn't been able to find work yet, so I support him. I think it's wise to have a back-up plan when you rely on someone else for income, but there's nothing inherently wrong with individuals reaching an arrangement which suits them.

...provided that their arrangements do not require support from broader society and they do not advocate their solution as suitable or superior for all. If the arrangement was reached due to discussion and based on factors which have nothing to do with gender-based roles, there's no reason it's anti-feminist. Certainly a health issue (physical or mental) seems to me like a good reason to support a partner.
Hi noneforus!

I like your nickname a lot :-)

@ workplace: I think that the relationships between people are horrible nowdays.
I guess that they were some moos who couldn't not live with the idea that someone
is CF and happy. F*ck them.

I believe that CF marriages are better because you simply have time and energy for each other.
You are certainly not staying together "for the kydz" but because you really want to :-)

@ yurble: I guess I am non-wise, I don't have any back-up plan.
I think that all falls into the "ordinary risks of life" category.
When you don't work for several years, you are out. You simply won't find a job later.
It is what it is. You cannot always have a back up plan for everything in life.
I sometimes feel uncomfortible about it but then I look around and I see a lot of SAHMs
who are in the same situation but with two or three children.
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
April 25, 2015
mrs. chinaski
@ yurble: I guess I am non-wise, I don't have any back-up plan.
I think that all falls into the "ordinary risks of life" category.
When you don't work for several years, you are out. You simply won't find a job later.

Indeed, that is why I personally wouldn't choose it, because I could be in the lurch if we split up. But you can protect yourself against other kinds of bad things happening through life insurance.
yurble
noneforus

I don't think that not having a job means you can't be a feminist. Previously, when I attended school, my SO supported us. Now we moved for my career and he hasn't been able to find work yet, so I support him. I think it's wise to have a back-up plan when you rely on someone else for income, but there's nothing inherently wrong with individuals reaching an arrangement which suits them.

...provided that their arrangements do not require support from broader society and they do not advocate their solution as suitable or superior for all. If the arrangement was reached due to discussion and based on factors which have nothing to do with gender-based roles, there's no reason it's anti-feminist. Certainly a health issue (physical or mental) seems to me like a good reason to support a partner.

When I say raging feminist, I meant that I was radical. I didn't want to marry or take a man's name. I was the complete opposite of who I am now.
aes sedai
Not to mention my own mother could tell I had tokophobia since kindergarten. I never even liked kids much when I was one. I was the 9-year-old fumbling through my dad's old Shakespeare books and having deep philosophical conversations with adults. Now I'm a writer, artist and certified nerd.

Same here I couldn't stand kids my own age, especially my classmates. Needless to say me & school didn't get along well. The idea of having a kid attached to me 24/7 creeps me out sad smiley
Anonymous User
another tcfl refugee
April 26, 2015
Just wanted to say hi.
@ yourble: I didn't choose the SAHW lifestyle. I moved a lot due to my husband's career.
When you move every two years from one location to another, you won't be able to hold
a job. It's a fact. I have met a lot of wives who live like this.
Thanks for the tip with the life insurance

@ noneforus: so, you somehow have softened with the age :-)

@ chicken and aes sedai: "a kid who doesn't like other kids because they are kids" :-)
That's a sort of funny but I get that. Some people simply have it in them. There was a
very interesting discussion on CTFL forum, where someone has suggested that being
CF is an orientation, at least for some folks, like an inborn condition.
You both are obviously the examples of that.
Anonymous User
Hi Everyone
April 29, 2015
I'm a longtime lurker, new member/poster who finally decided to join after TCFL went down. I posted there and on r/childfree as "coffee-elf". I'm 21, female, Texan, and in the process of seeking sterilization. It's good to be here! Anything else you'd like to know, ask away. smiling smiley

ETA: I meant to post this in the Introductions thread, my bad!
Hi all,

just decided to register after lurking for a while smiling smiley I'm 34, happily enjoying my freedom. I don't actually hate kids, but I always said they're like penguins: cute and all but I sure don't want one at home. Don't know what else to say here except that the fabulous vocabulary of this forum was a major attraction to me, I especially love "entitlemoo" and "Bratleigh". waving hellolarious
Howdy

Former member here who's coming back into the fold. Found my way back here after the TCFL crash. I can't remember what name I used to go by on here, but I didn't post that often anyway, so I wouldn't have been memorable!

I always lurk more than I post, but figured I should say hi before I stake out my spot in the corner. So...hi!

thumbs upwink
Anonymous User
o hai
May 08, 2015
Hi all!

I've been lurking about for a bit, decided I liked the vibe of this place and then registered. smiling smiley

I'm 31 and about to move overseas to start a new job this summer. It's good to know that these sorts of communities exist, as I'm currently surrounded by The LifeScript (TM) adherents where I am currently at, though I'm sure it won't abate in my new home either.

I have never considered myself mother material and I have only been able to look on in horror as many of the girls from school have married and spawned and are now dumpy mawms. Wow, I think to myself. I sure am glad I dodged that fate.

Anyhow, nice to meet all of you!
May 08, 2015
What country are you moving to? We might have a member from there who could tell you how bad it is.
Hi! I'm doing things backwards. I already posted in the living room, and now I'm introducing myself.

28 and childfree. I joined the board a while ago under a different account but didn't log in enough. I am a VERY good lurker, though!

Currently living in a cramped 2 bedroom apt under a breeder family of FOUR and loosing my mind.

So...hey. Aren't I a joy to be around? grinning smiley
:1welcome

Welcome to the forum. Make yourself at home. smile rolling left rightsmile
Welcome lurker :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login