Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)

Posted by zeropop 
keeper of traken
:1welcome

Welcome to the forum. Make yourself at home. smile rolling left rightsmile

Thanks! I'll try! smiling smiley

mrs. chinaski
Welcome lurker :-)

Thank you! Gotta cut down on that. grinning smiley
Japan. A country not notable for its views on female emancicpation.
Hi, everyone! I was a lurker for a very long time before I decided to register today.

I am a woman who just turned 27 last week.

I have never felt the urge to procreate and, luckily for me, don't get pressured by family members...well, not right now, anyway, since I have yet to get married. I wouldn't put it past my paternal grandma, who's a devout Mormon, to pressure me if or when I decide to tie the knot. My mom, on the other hand, knows exactly how I feel, and has told me she doesn't want me to have kids.

Dad and his wife have their lives full of 3 grandbrats already (one relative in their early 20s popped last month and shot out a nugget she cannot afford), so they're not bothered by my lack of spawning. Even if they were, that wouldn't be my problem, so I'd politely tell them off.

I was born in Utah, a haven for breeders.

I have zero interest in rearing a brat or brats. I can tolerate kids just fine, but consider them to be loud, messy, smelly creatures who destroy lives...and vaginas. I detest the fact that they naturally lack any boundaries, so they must touch everything.

I'm seeing a wonderful man who is also child-free but I think he was more on the fence and not as passionate as I am.

He's much older than me so, even if he did want a brat, it isn't gonna happen -- not with me, at least. Besides, the thing would probably be retarded, given his age.

Anyway...sorry about the rambling. I love reading this forum and look forward to adding to it.
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
May 13, 2015
If he's on the fence, then you need to fucking RUN.

His "on the fence" point of view will NEVER change this late in his life.

As for the everything else, welcome to the forum.

I think you might win the prize for having the longest name of anyone here.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
Thank you. I just came up with my user name after a few minutes of pondering. Gaming is my main hobby, and I don't much like kids (obviously), so there you go. LOL.

I believe he WAS on the fence earlier in his life but, luckily, kids just did not happen for him, for lack of better wording.

I told him how smart I think he is to not have kids -- most men his age do and are/have been married.

There's no way he'd want a snot dragon now. He has worked hard his whole life, and can finally really relax, so why ruin it with the slavery that is parenthood?
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
May 14, 2015
I don't think there's anything wrong with seeing someone on the fence if you're a woman.

Yes, there's a chance he might someday decide that he desperately needs children and leave you over that. I take the attitude that a lot of relationships end, for various reasons, so that's simply one more option.

As CF women we don't have that "biological clock" bullshit to worry about. A fulfilling relationship for 10 years isn't "wasted time" even if it doesn't last forever.

I've been involved with a few fence-sitters who have gone on to sprog, and kids were never the reason behind the breakup. It seems to me a lot of guys take the attitude that having kids is up to the woman and they'll go along with her choice. Of course I prefer it when someone shares my feelings about kids, but I have yet to meet a man in person who is as opposed to them as I am. The guys I've been involved with were happy enough to snark about kids, though.

And, of course, if he goes into full-out breeder mode and betrays you by destroying contraception, you can still get an abortion. (This is the one reason why I'd advise men against fence-sitters unless the man has been sterilized.)
Right. We have discussed abortion, should my Microgestin fail me, and he will pay for the entire procedure.

@videogamesforeverkidsnever Welcome! :1welcome And hell yes to the name.
Welcome New Folk smiling smiley

:1wv
Thank you, everyone! I get looked at like I'm a 3-headed freak when I try to explain that kids are uncivilized animals and must be taught to not be that way, as their default, natural behavior is more primitive.

I've explained that kids will crap and piss wherever they happen to be at that moment unless trained not to do so.

What else happens to do that?

The folks I've talked to have a quick, offended reaction to all of this and don't -- or won't -- think deeply about it. They just assume I'm being insulting.

What I've said is true, though -- human beings ARE animals -- kids are simply uncivilized ones. This isn't an insult, just a biological fact, but people hear the word "animal" in relation to their brats, and then immediately take offense because they lack critical thinking skills.
A ginormous hello to all our newest newbies!! :partay

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
videogamesforeverkidsnever
Thank you, everyone! I get looked at like I'm a 3-headed freak when I try to explain that kids are uncivilized animals and must be taught to not be that way, as their default, natural behavior is more primitive.

I've explained that kids will crap and piss wherever they happen to be at that moment unless trained not to do so.

The folks I've talked to have a quick, offended reaction to all of this and don't -- or won't -- think deeply about it. They just assume I'm being insulting.

What I've said is true, though -- human beings ARE animals -- kids are simply uncivilized ones. This isn't an insult, just a biological fact, but people hear the word "animal" in relation to their brats, and then immediately take offense because they lack critical thinking skills.

All of the praise for this post. Children ARE irrational little beasts. Heck, even some adults are too. XD What would I want with a hyperactive, irrational ape child that can't even speak properly yet?
boredofbreeders
videogamesforeverkidsnever

All of the praise for this post. Children ARE irrational little beasts. Heck, even some adults are too. XD What would I want with a hyperactive, irrational ape child that can't even speak properly yet?

why bother with a human child at all, when you could get yourself a tiny monkey that will do all that shit for several years, then hit adolescence, become aggressive towards its handler just like a awtard teen, but this one you can dump in a rescue facility or the wild and replace it with a brand new version of the exact same thing, best part, it wont destroy your vagina to get it.

*please note im joking and I don't condone idiots who do this, or get animals to abuse, however since their are idiot moos out there, I don't understand why they don't just save their vagina and get a monkey that does the same thing a child does, just cuter*

but yeah, welcome new people and long time lurkers alike, I don't think you'll ever be made to feel like you did or said something wrong on here regarding not liking/wanting kids. its pretty much a safe haven for days when people you know turn on you, when you feel the world has let you down by trying to force you to cater to or be a part of the life scripters TM in one way or another.
Thank you to everyone.
Hi everyone. I just registered after lurking for many years. The reason is that I've been kind of weary about joining a site like this because of my vocation. I work with special needs adults and I might eventually work with kids (I'm in grad school now).

Anyway, I just turned 26, and I'm almost sure that I don't want any kids. I've always had maternal instinct, but the older I get, the more I realize what a drudgery it is and the reality of what parenthood is is overcoming the maternal desire to have kids. I look around me, and all I see is negativity-loss of freedom, financial burden, stress, worrying about the kids' futures, health, happiness, etc. And of course, loss of self! I'm an introvert and I like my quiet down time. A lot of families aren't happy because they're kids are failures or just unhappy themselves, and there's nothing you can do to change that situation as a parent.

I'm not as hardcore as some of you people here and I definitely have my differing opinions, but I will say that this is the most honest site about what parenting entails-no sugarcoating here. Some of you guys are really hilarious too!
Please take this in the kindest way possible, but if you are almost sure you don't want kids, you sound like a fence-sitter and this is probably not the board for you. You might want to try TCFL, where they actually welcome fence-sitters.

I would highly recommend that, because here, we are BRUTALLY honest about things, as you've mentioned, and anyone who is even thinking of sluicing a loaf may find themselves on the wrong end of a roasting.

Not to say you are a troll, but anyone who even has an inkling of sluicing, could be considered a troll here by some members.
Hey mumofsixbirds. I'm not offended. I'm definitely not a troll though. It's usually bratfree that snaps me back into reality and i like the site a lot. But I will check out TCFL if that's a better place for me. thanks!
HAI GUYS, I am 27 child free but I own a hamster. smiling smiley
May 21, 2015
I totally agree with mum6.

If you're even a slight fencesitter, you're going to be TORN APART here.

I advise that you go to TCFL, before you experience how brutally raw we really can be.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
Hey, I just registered. I'm 22/F, from Australia. I'm childfree because I don't see the point in constantly reproducing and I love my freedom too much. Most parents look haggard, tired and miserable to me. I am studying to become a freelance programmer. I'm glad I found this forum because I'm so fucking sick of seeing people lick parents' asses simply for breeding. It doesn't make them special and doesn't require any intelligence at all. The environment is being destroyed and soon there won't be enough food/clean water for everyone on Earth. The next few decades are not looking optimistic and I don't want to bring children into that.
jediknight
Hey, I just registered. I'm 22/F, from Australia. I'm childfree because I don't see the point in constantly reproducing and I love my freedom too much. Most parents look haggard, tired and miserable to me. I am studying to become a freelance programmer. I'm glad I found this forum because I'm so fucking sick of seeing people lick parents' asses simply for breeding. It doesn't make them special and doesn't require any intelligence at all. The environment is being destroyed and soon there won't be enough food/clean water for everyone on Earth. The next few decades are not looking optimistic and I don't want to bring children into that.

hey sweet another aussie into the fold, welcome!

im pretty sure your opinion matches many other people on here, have fun grinning smiley
Hi all, I was going to post in the "bingo" thread but I decided to start here! Great site, VERY funny! I'm 34 and childfree, and that decision came after years of ambivalence turned to disgust for children... The older I got, the less appealing kids became until finally the idea of them makes me ill. Youngest of 8 kids, we were raised strictly, chores, responsibilities, independence. For some reason when my siblings had kids they completely threw their own upbringing out the window and have "raised" shitty bratty, lazy, entitled little assholes!

Another turning point was when my best friend had her second kid; now with the first, she was strict and a good parent, the child entertained herself and didn't need constant attention by everyone... However, for some reason with the second one it is all different, like the child is the second coming or some shit, because the brat was allowed to stay up super late with the adults (the older child always being yelled at to get to bed), talked back, demanded different food, threw tantrums, couldn't stand being told no, got whatever it wanted even if that meant the older child had to relinquish said item, and refused to let their mother talk to any adult without needing something or a hug or being on her lap or any other annoying crap. I loved my friends kids, but I loved my friend more and wanted adult time!! Lately it's all about how smart, funny, witty this kid is; like no, your 4 year olds favorite band is not (fill in the blank), they are merely copying you because kids purposefully say things that they know their parents will praise them for.

This generation of kids is horrible; there are places that kids don't belong, rules that kids need to follow (screw that "but he/she is spirited!" And "they're so smart that they challenge my rules hee hee" bull), and manners that kids NEED to be taught!

Thankfully my DF is of a like mind, and we plan on paying off the house in a few years, traveling, spending quality time together paddling and hiking and just loving one another. I tell people that I'm too selfish with myself and my relationship to want to bring a lifelong parasite into my life that brings pain, stress, financial burdens, loss of freedom and self, plus could put serious strain on our relationship. I've waited quite a while to find this wonderful man, and no way in hell am I throwing it away for something that we could hate or resent or regret.

Even more thankfully, my parents are totally okay with my being CF and actually commend me for being smart and thinking it through, and his parents are the same way! No pressure from any parents to have kids, which is so awesome! I feel so bad for everyone that doesn't have support for their choices, because I completely support them. 😊

Anyway, sorry for the long post, hope it wasn't too rambling! CF rocks!! Thanks for this page!
Oh, and I forgot to add that we love our 2 dogs and my parents always brag about their grand puppies!
Hello all! I am in my 40s, and have always known I didn't want kids. I like kids on a case by case basis, but overall they shred my nerves. I am from California, which is mostly a haven for the childfree. I have about 20 or so friends who chose not to reproduce. Early on, I realized that I could have my life or someone else's. I chose mine. Without offspring, I have pursued travel and educational opportunities, and been able to live a life of complete freedom.
Welcome to the all the newbies!

Freedom to travel is one of the big reasons I'm CF.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login